PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the name Classic?

KirbyofDarkness
08-10-2005, 09:06 AM
You know what Zelda "Classic" isn't really classic its been messed around with.
If a classic is messed around with then its not a classic a classic is something that is original. So it might as well be called Zelda Remake plus its copyright infringement. evil evil ppl. also incase you are wondering I am a die hard fan of zelda.

KirbyofDarkness
08-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Classic: "1. adj.received into the accepted canons of excellence. 2.n. a great work of ancient Greek or Roman literature; a later work commonly received as having permanent greatness; a writer or artist of recognized excellence, other than contemporary."

Dark Nation
08-10-2005, 09:35 AM
You can still make games in the classic style, which was the original intent of the program, hence the name. Also, don't double post.

Tygore
08-13-2005, 12:43 AM
It was originally going to be called ZeldaDX, but that's (basically) what Nintendo called the LA Game Boy Color remake. So, classic was chosen.

Gerudo
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Definitions of classic on the Web:
* a creation of the highest excellence

even if you "mess around" with a game like Legend of Zelda (the game itself is classic), those alterations use the engine, and can become "classic" in their own way.

although people seem to favor more tweaks and whatnot, rather than a game being made classic style (apparently, its a turn-off to actually use the classic tileset)

Ganonator
08-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Damn you. I just had one of those moments where I reallized what I was calling this thing, and now it's ruined.

Fuck!