PDA

View Full Version : walking link for cutscenes

zelda777
08-09-2005, 07:11 PM
how do i make link walk link in cutscenes :(

jessethe2nd
08-10-2005, 05:51 AM
If you know how to make a title screen it is actually the same concept as far as the cutscene in general. but to make link walk al you need to do is make a tile for every step link will take. I would recommend that you use layers to do this just to save time, unless you want it to take a while. Any ways determine how far you want link to walkcount up the number of tiles he will cross. this is how many frames that each individual tile on links path. now if you want link to walk in a straight line (recommended) just copy the two walking tiles that link would use when walking in the quest. Now for this i wouuld recommend giving each tile 99 frames so that link will not be walking his course over and over again. now at the very first tile in the first tile of links path paste one of the tiles of linking walking.(for every part of each combo cycled tile we the very first frame will always be base). Now only one base tile should contain an image of link, infact every combo cycled tile will only contain one image of link. now after you have made your first tile for links walking you will have takin care of the one tile with link in the base. every frame after link in the overall combocycled tile should be completely blank. now in the next combo cycled tile copy and paste the other image of link so that his feet fill be moving as if he is walking, in the tile to the right of the base tile. now for the next combo cycled tile copy the other link image, the one you used for the base in your first tile, to the tile two to the right of the base tile in your third combo cycled tile now continue this patern until you have 16 combo cycled tiles. now all you do is set all your walking tiles to be the same number of frames and the same speed. (adjust the speed to your liking) after you have done al of this link should appear as if he is walking in the tile box on the right side of the editor now all you do is go to a completly blank screen that you will use as a layer screen and set down the link tiles in proper order note you may not need all 16 tiles but as long as you place the in order it does not matter. after you place the tiles all you do is go to the screen that you want link to walk on and set the screen you just created as a layer, 4-6, the rest sets up exactly as a title screen

zelda777
08-15-2005, 02:02 PM
can you like show me pictures of the tiles :)

Valientlink
08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
You found this on dr wilys revenge.

zelda777
08-21-2005, 02:29 PM
found what on dr willys revenge :laughing: