PDA

View Full Version : Online Biz-nezz

laughing1989
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok, just to throw this out on the internet, I am having trouble in... income. It seems to me that my only two statuses are "broke" and "slightly less broke but broke all the same."
Not that I don't have a job, but I've heard all the hype one can take watching infomercials at 3:00 in the morning, and I'm getting payed crap paychecks.
Just wondering if anyone has one or had one, and how someone else can get started with very little/no investment to begin with (Preferably no investment..). I really need some help. :(
Any contribution would make me happy. I just need to know where to start. Any ideas?

Eckels
08-09-2005, 05:38 PM
sounds to me like you need a second job, or a third.

ignore those informercials.

laughing1989
08-10-2005, 12:04 AM
I always just saw the internet as an alternate route, regardless of what the infomercials told me.
Mostly, I just don't have the time to get a second or third job... with school and stuff in the way. I am just hoping that there is some easy way to get a small extra income.

cyberkitten
08-10-2005, 12:23 AM
become a paperboy

dandruff man
08-10-2005, 12:38 AM
just do what i do, sell insurance. i work 4 days a week, and have a 6 figure income. on the side i have my own landscaping business.

laughing1989
08-10-2005, 12:50 AM
become a paperboy

just do what i do, sell insurance. i work 4 days a week, and have a 6 figure income. on the side i have my own landscaping business.

-school :(
Plus I can't become a paperboy for three reasons:
1. I'm too old
2. I can't ride a bike
3. I don't have a neighborhood in like sixty miles around me which is why im stuck with dialup

Machiavelli
08-10-2005, 01:53 AM
You can't ride a bike? O_O.

Well, what are you good at?

Dou you know HTML code? Charge to make webpages for people or small businesses. Tell them that a website would help their business.

Are you good with copmuters? Offer computer lessons to the tech-challenged.

Good at fixing stuff? Charge for your services. Be someone's handyman or fixer-uper.

Are you organized? Reorganize someone's workspace, kitchen cupboards, etc.

Good with animals? Be a dog walker. I see thosealmost everytime I'm in Manhatten. They make more than you would think.

Preformer? Sing, Dance, tell jokes and so on to an audiance. Charge admission or lay a hat on the floor.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Breaker
08-10-2005, 03:17 AM
Apply for welfare. Get used to recieving it while you're young.

Lilith
08-10-2005, 04:44 AM
ebay things.

dandruff man
08-10-2005, 10:41 AM
sounds to me like your just lazy and unmotivated. you'll never make money that way.

laughing1989
08-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Lazy? I spend about 12 hours working/schooling and I still come home and help clean/cook/work on the lawn ect. ect...
I'm pretty motivated... I like learning stuff.. and I like money. I've already explained that I have a job, its just not enough to get anything special on the side, you know what I mean?

eBay things? guess I could try that... wouldn't be too hard, just need to get a digital camera. Thanks for the idea :)

Welfare? heh... I make too much money for that, I think. And I have another person bringing in some cash at my house, too, so unless I scam the gov then its out of the question

edit - to elaborate on the 12 hours thing...
I spend about 5-6 hours at school on weekdays, and i'm off on weekends. I work about 8 hours on weekdays, and I nearly always work overtime on the weekends, so probably about 10 hours on weekends.
Plus on the weekends I study and clean the house on sundays... and cook about every 4-5 hours, unless we go out which isn't too often
note - I have a labtop w/ wireless internet so I post and stuff all day... just if you were curious

Breaker
08-10-2005, 04:46 PM

I'm Santa Claus.

dandruff man
08-10-2005, 05:12 PM
you obviously don't know about the insurance buisness.

firebug
08-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Get a better job. My wife works as a waitress at a SMALL local restaurant, and brings home close to 100 dollars a night. Her tips alone are enough to feed us and our habits. Paychecks go to bills and toys. If there are two of you in one household and you don't have extra money, you need to cut down on your expenses (get a smaller house, get a more fuel-efficient vehicle, drive less, etc.) or get a better job. There is no reason you should be broke unless you are spending all your money on speed or heroin.

Breaker
08-10-2005, 07:30 PM
you obviously don't know about the insurance buisness.

You're absolutely right, I don't. But I do know when somebody's full of shit. ;)

dandruff man
08-10-2005, 08:18 PM
go to pmanews.com and click under the "sucess pays" link. when you sell cancer supplemetal insurance like i do, then you tell me what im full of. ;)

Machiavelli
08-10-2005, 09:48 PM
You're absolutely right, I don't. But I do know when somebody's full of shit.
I'm 15 and I make 350 a week. Do you think I'm bullshitting?

btw: Thats not sarcasm. I seriously want to know.

laughing1989: You have a page full of suggestions. Try one.

Breaker
08-10-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm 15 and I make 350 a week. Do you think I'm bullshitting?

Whoa, 350 a week. You must be rolling in money. Wait, was that supposed to be impressive? Anyway, I find it hard to believe anyone with a six figure income comes to AGN and gloats about it, all the while creating threads surveying what everyone's favorite beer is. :rolleyes:

dandruff man
08-11-2005, 01:52 AM
wow, a sucsessful buisness man in his late mid 20's that grew up playing nintendo in the 80's and likes to drink beer. what a new concept. whatever amigo. your just a kid, i have a little brother your age. when you get older you'll understand what a carrer is.

Breaker
08-11-2005, 01:53 AM
whatever amigo. don't bring me down becuase you don't like your life.

I don't? :confuse2: Fuck me for not being a gullible little bitch that believes everything he reads on the internet, however retarded it is. It must mean I'm unhappy with my life. I'd also hope that a successful businessman would be able to spell successful businessman

dandruff man
08-11-2005, 01:54 AM
wow the f word, very mature of you. im done with you.

Breaker
08-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Are you drunk now?

Machiavelli
08-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Whoa, 350 a week. You must be rolling in money. Wait, was that supposed to be impressive?
Pretty good for a 15 year old is all I was saying. :D

dandruff man
08-11-2005, 02:09 AM
350 is great money for a 15yr old, especially a week.
why you got to put people down breaker? i like your pic. of the maxx by the way. i loved it when it was on liquid television on MTV

Breaker
08-11-2005, 02:29 AM
350 is great money for a 15yr old, especially a week.
why you got to put people down breaker? i like your pic. of the maxx by the way. i loved it when it was on liquid television on MTV

It makes me feel better about myself. You know, since my life sucks. :shrug: Back on topic we should probably go.