PDA

View Full Version : link's retirement

Pages : 1 [2]

rocksfan13
12-18-2005, 12:40 PM
It's not a problem. I'm always glad to help.

Jeyla
12-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Oh good, lol.

I just realized after my 7,198,432nd death, that potions would be a big help. Where the heck is the letter (or whatever I need) to activate the potion shops? I can't beleive I haven't found it after the repeated exploring of areas I've done.

Thanks again, Rocksfan, and sorry I have to ask so many dumb questions.

rocksfan13
12-18-2005, 09:55 PM
The mushroom would be in the forest.

peachstar
02-09-2006, 02:04 PM
I am stuck in L7. I read previous posts about downloading an updated version from the DB but the ver. at PUREZC is dated Nov./05 and your posts are dated Dec./05, so where is the updated version? I had to check the forum to get your directions for the wasteland road, and now I think I must be stuck in the level because I get that same message from the old man in one of the rooms. All places I've been lead to dead ends that require the wand to go further and I can't find the wand.... so do I have the right ver. or what? I'm sooooo confused.... otherwise am really enjoying this quest... especially the music... quite refreshing and very different....

rocksfan13
02-09-2006, 02:24 PM
The version that you need can be found in this DB. I will update it in PureZC as well.
I just checked it. The version in THIS DB (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=249) is the one you want.

Thanks peach.

EDIT: I have submitted it to Pure to be updated.

Crackers
02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm stuck in lv9. I found the gold arrow on the 5th floor but cannot find the silver which you said was on the 5th. Can you pm me with the exact location. I've spent 2 days trying to get it. It seems you need the silver arrow to shoot the target to get the gold. Also to shoot the targets at the beginning of fl1 and I think 5. I've been going :googly:

rocksfan13
02-09-2006, 08:28 PM
The siver arrow is protected by patra in the north east corner of the 5th floor.

Crackers
02-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I killed a patra but didn't get anything. Will try it again providing I can find the 5th fl again. :rolleyes: Hope your almost done with Retirement 3. Going to need another one of your fantastic quests to play real soon. ;)

rocksfan13
02-09-2006, 10:04 PM
There is a secret in that room.

BTW: I don't know if you can see it, but I have a progress indicator in my signature that states how close to being finished and what quests I am currently working on.

peachstar
02-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Rockstar... I've just downloaded the ver. from the DB you linked me to... but I still get the same message from the old man as before. This last one says if was updated 12/15/05 so that's newer than the 11/20 I had, but the old man still doesnt give you directions. I checked PureZC and they still have the 11/20 ver. up so I'm not sure what to do next. Did you update L7 without changing the message in the cave? Please help me figure this out.

rocksfan13
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Yes. There was a problem with a room that I had set the secret to be activated with the wand. However, you can't get the wand without that key. This was the room with the ropes next to a room with water and darknuts.

The fix was made to allow the player to get that key to get to the wand.

If you got that key and are short a key for the door to the east in the room with the old man, then you missed one.

deathtoll
02-13-2006, 12:35 AM
how does one get to level 4?

I have found it but cannot enter it because it is surronded by water...

rocksfan13
02-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Use an item in your inventory. You may have gotten it in level 1.

rocksfan13
04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Update 4/7/06: There will be a re-release on this quest with updates when the database is functioning again. Keep an eye out.

Until then, you can go to PureZC (http://www.purezc.com) and see if the update is there (http://purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=122).

TheWanderer
05-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Rocks Ive been looking like a mad man but for some reason for the life of me I can't find level 9 can I get a hint here.

rocksfan13
05-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Just below the entrance to level 8. Use whistle.

TheWanderer
05-06-2006, 07:10 PM
No way it was that easy.... T_T

njg
07-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I believe I mad a mistake in level 3. There is a room in which a key appears after killing all of the enemies. This room has a door that requires a key and a block that requires a key. In this room, there is water that dissapears when you blow the whistle and stairs appear. I used the key that I found for the door which ultimately led me back to the beginning of the level. Is there another key or did I blow it and have to start over?

rocksfan13
07-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

No. You just missed a bombed wall on the bottom wall in the room after the one with the water and stairs.

njg
08-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Great Quest! I finished but I did not get the last 1/4 of the heart container and therefor the most powerful sword.You might consider posting the locations of the heart container pieces so that sword is available.

I look forward to playing Zelda's Quest for Link next.

rocksfan13
08-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Good job. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Crisis_21
09-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I found and bombed that wall you mentioned, but I'm still short a key! I'm missing the one for the door in the starting room.

rocksfan13
09-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Try shooting some statues. If that isn't it try something else.

Crisis_21
09-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Okay, I've shot every statue I can in level 3 and nothing happened with any of them, save for the secret passage in the main room. I used arrows, boomerang, and even hookshot when possible. I am still short a key. Can you PM me with a list of key locations in level 3? I swear I've searched everywhere I can, but its not turning up.

rocksfan13
09-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Have you blown the whistle in the room with water in the begining of the level? There is a secret in there if you blow the whistle then push a block.

Crisis_21
09-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Yes, I did. I've figured out a way to do this without the key I'm missing, but it involves restarting the whole game, which I'd rather not do.

rocksfan13
09-24-2006, 05:29 PM
It's kinda hard to say what you're missing without being there with you. Can you show me everywhere you've been and what keys you've gotten from where?

Crisis_21
09-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Never mind, I re-did the game and bypassed the door using a glitch that lets the player go up through a door that suppossedly should lead down and into the spiral room with the gels and wallmasters.

I seemed to have just enough keys up to the room with water on one side with both a key block and locked door. I opened the block and went down, getting the magical boomerang, but there was no key in there anywhere.

But that's all in the past, and I'm looking for level 5 right now.

rocksfan13
09-24-2006, 08:57 PM
The south east corner of the area level 4 is in. Lokk around there for a path.

Crisis_21
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Okay, I beat Lv 5 and found everything of value in it, I think..

But I can't get into the two NE rooms or the SE room on the second floor.

Could you PM me with some help please?

rocksfan13
09-25-2006, 10:49 PM
I'll have to look into it. I'll get back to you on it. Ort rather elise may be.

elise
09-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Okay, I beat Lv 5 and found everything of value in it, I think..

But I can't get into the two NE rooms or the SE room on the second floor.

Could you PM me with some help please?answere from rocksfan
Have you gotten the ladder and boots? If you have, I don't understand what rooms you are refering to. Can you give me a pic of the area of the map that you are refering to so I can see how I can help.

Crisis_21
09-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Second floor of level 5

XXOO
XXXX
XXXO

X=a room I've been in
O=a room I haven't

Got the boots, got the ladder. Likely nothing important in these rooms, but I want to know how to get there anyway.

Also, where, generally, is the second ring found?

Crisis_21
09-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Found the red ring in lvl 8. And I must say, with a little creative maneuvering I was able to get to the triforce chamber without facing the boss. (I went back and beat it anyway for the heart container.)

Is the red ring the only treasure in lvl8?

How many heart containers are in the Darknut kingdom and the mountain area after it? I'm not asking for locations yet, just a number.

rocksfan13
09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
1 in the Darknut Kingdom. That's it.

Crisis_21
09-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Drat. That means I missed 1 somewhere.

Any chance I could get a PM of a list of locations? I'm afraid I can't really recall where all I've visited now.

rocksfan13
09-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I'll have to go over the whole quest. It's been a while.

Crisis_21
09-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Never mind. Found them all now. I'm off to the secret dungeon for the last sword upgrade. :3

One more thing, there is an empty space between the wallet and the flippers on the equipment screen. What goes there?

Never mind again. Nice trick with the invisible enemies though.

Crisis_21
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
I found the gold ring, and I just wanted to say 2 things

Nice hiding place.

LOVE the black tunic!

Crisis_21
09-27-2006, 09:32 PM
I am currently in level 9 and at my wits end. I have everything, gold ring, both arrows, map, compass, and the boss key.

I just can't find my way to the blasted door!

Edit: Sorry, found it. Currently hitting myself for being stupid.

Crisis_21
09-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Nice quest!

I'll get started on the next one.

rocksfan13
09-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Glad you finally beat it. I look forward to hearing from you about Zelda's Quest for Link (Link's Retirement 2)

Beckyj4
11-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Well, kind of neat Quest thru level 1. Too much repetition getting to Level 2, because everytime I die trying to go thru the spikes, I end up back where I started. Gets way too boring, since it looks like I won't be getting thru the spikes anytime soon and who knows how much more there is to get thru until you get to another place you can start from?

rocksfan13
11-16-2006, 07:33 PM
If you're refering to the spikes in level 1, they're quite simple to get around. Have you tried pushing blocks?

Beckyj4
11-17-2006, 12:03 PM
If you're refering to the spikes in level 1, they're quite simple to get around. Have you tried pushing blocks?

I finally got thru them. So then I go to Level 2. YaY! I get to wait for various enemies to get across the spikes so I can kill them and push the blocks. Problem! There are so many enemies along the way that I have already died several times trying to get thru. So then of course I have to WAIT for these SAME enemies to come across the blocks AGAIN, and AGAIN, ad nauseum.

This isn't bad enough? Each time I "Continue" I am back to 3 hearts to try to get thru on. This is supposed to be fun?

Sorry, but not hardly.

rocksfan13
11-17-2006, 07:06 PM
I understand. This quest WAS my first custom, so I admit it wasn't the greatest. The other 2 are much better as far as gameplay is concerned.

The begining of LR1 is a little difficult but gets easier as you go on.

Beckyj4
11-18-2006, 01:05 PM
I understand. This quest WAS my first custom, so I admit it wasn't the greatest. The other 2 are much better as far as gameplay is concerned.

The begining of LR1 is a little difficult but gets easier as you go on.

Sorry. I was a bit frustrated. Nothing annoys me like going thru the same enemies over and over. I will try LR1 later. Again, sorry for being so grouchy.
BTW, Retirement would have been a pretty neat Quest without that. I don't mind dieing but there is a limit.

Ooops, sorry again. That WAS LR1, so I will try Quest for Link. I wish I had the patience to go further in LR1 but I don't. I have already died 28 times and am only part way into the Level 2 Dungeon.

rocksfan13
11-19-2006, 05:06 PM
I completely understand. You will see that LR2 is much better and can tell that I was still learning how to use the editor.
Heh, wait until you get to LR3. Even better. :)

mcmaineacjam
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't seem to find one key in level 4. I got the boss key and beat the level, but there is one locked door near reached through one of the ponds past the pond to the boss. Any hints on where I might have missed? I know I got the one in the room at the bottom of the top level and can't remember any others. Thanks

rocksfan13
12-04-2007, 07:06 PM
I think you are referring to a door that leads to a fairy well.
As long as you have the 2 items from here, I wouldn't worry about it. You should be fine.

Veretax
08-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Glad you finally beat it. I look forward to hearing from you about Zelda's Quest for Link (Link's Retirement 2)

I realize this is a bit of an old thread but is there a thread for Zelda's Quest for link? I find I am a bit lost (found Hyrule I guess its supposed to be, but can't figure out where I need to go from there.)