PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jennings...

Gerudo
08-08-2005, 12:12 AM
i thought this to be worthy of a 'newspost'...

Thanks to Kioshi for the link to the Yahoo! article..
click (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050808/ap_on_en_tv/obit_jennings)

and for the click-lazy...

Peter Jennings, the suave, Canadian-born broadcaster who delivered the news to Americans each night in five separate decades, died Sunday. He was 67. Jennings, who announced in April that he had lung cancer, died at his New York home, ABC News President David Westin said late Sunday.

rest in peace, Mr. Jennings, you will be sorely missed...

Machiavelli
08-08-2005, 12:17 AM
I remember him. People are dying left and right these days.

R.I. P. Pete.

phattonez
08-08-2005, 12:18 AM
I remember him after 9/11 doing the reports for a long time, never taking a break and never sleeping. He will be missed by ABC who will have trouble finding someone to replace him, and by the people who watched the news and knew his dedication. R.I.P.

Rainman
08-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Oh man I had no idea he was sick. In fact I remember wondering what he's been doing. I swear I remember hearing that he'd one some Most Trusted Journalist award or something.

slothman
08-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I thought this was going to be another political thread. Of course his passing is worse. Hows come you never hear of serial killers dying?

moocow
08-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Because no one cares when a serial killer dies?

Anyhow, when I was little, I used to point to Peter Jennings on the TV and call him Uncle Billy, cause I thought he looked like my Uncle Bill (duh). Talk about way sad...

Beldaran
08-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Peter Jennings, widely renowned as intolerable elitist ass hole to some, and to others a gentle spirit of modern liberalism.

May you rest in peace, and may the world of modern journalism die with you, replaced by something that reports useful, honest, and objective news that is actually interesting, uplifting, and productive.