PDA

View Full Version : House, Dungeon and Cave Pallette problems

Raijah
08-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm making a quest with the Pure Tileset version 2.2. I've recently found out about the different pallettes for shops and dungeons and caves and etc. My problem is that I can't figure out how to make my maps (like a house for instance) appear in the right pallette. Does any one know how to help me?

Fabiano the Spy
08-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Uh you need to set it in the DMAP, you can choose which "color" of the house/dugeon through DMAP, you can select it from there, hope I helped :)

Raijah
08-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Does that mean that I have to put my houses on seperate maps?

Zelda_Warrior
08-08-2005, 12:13 AM
COLOR: (These directions use 2.10's setup)

Go into quest>dmaps.
Go into the dmap editor for the dmap you are making.
Go under the 'appearance' tab (It's something along those lines.)
See the drop-down 'color' box? Select a color.
See the letter/number combinations besides the colors? Well, first of all, select a color you want for the house or dungeon or cave from the drop down box.
Go under edit>pallette.
Remember that letter/number combination that was by your color that you chosed? Enter that in here in order to make the screen ther right color (Note, this only makes it this color in the editor.)

Now to answer your question, they can be on the same map, but they have to be on a different dmap.

Raijah
08-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Okay, I got my pallette to work but now I'm having some trouble with my shop loading up for some reason. I'll figure it out though, thanks for your help.

Raijah
08-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Okay, so I got the pallette that I wanted to work, and I got my shop to work, but when I enter my shop the colors are darker than they are supposed to be, is there anything I can do about that?