PDA

View Full Version : a Senator's response to video games and congress.

Ganonator
08-07-2005, 03:46 PM
I e-mailed both of my Montana Senators regarding the whole GTA thing, and what they believe should happen. I figure if I make a big deal to them, at least the one that is up for re-election this year would get back to me.

Here's what he had to say:

Dear Mr. Wardinsky :

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts concerning the matter of indecency and ratings in video games. It was a pleasure to hear from you.

Mr. Wardinsky , I oppose any government regulation of the content that appears on cable and satellite television or video games. These mediums require the user to actively bring them into their house, and the ability to restrict access to certain offensive content is much more available. But just as we must protect these individuals ability to choose for themselves to watch material which may be inappropriate for a child, we must protect the ability for parents to shield their children from that content. That means that consumers and the parents of consumers need to know what they are buying so that they can make an informed decision.

I do not want to see indecent acts on television or in video games. That's my choice. The solution to this problem is consumer choice. As long as consumers are not deceived, I see very little reason for government involvement in this sort of matter. I thank you for your letter and assure you I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to work for Montana in the 109 th Congress.

Realize he is a Republican, and about 65. My favorite part is where he says "I do not want to see indecent acts on television or in video games", because that shows that he's lying through his teeth and going right around the issue. I guess he's never shot a crack-whore's head off while giving a guy a BJ.

Anyway, I find that it is important to let your government officials know that this is very important to you, and you are willing to put up the good fight to show that you care about what our officials are doing.

Silvanoshea
08-07-2005, 04:52 PM
There going to take my life away. The only way to stay alive is to play 13 hours a day.

zoraking
08-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Boy, if only he'd run for president in 2008. Id vote Republican once, just so that bitch Hilary doesn't win.

EDIT: I find it surprising that a senator posts here :rolleyes:.

Breaker
08-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Boy, if only he'd run for president in 2008. Id vote Republican once, just so that bitch Hilary doesn't win.

EDIT: I find it surprising that a senator posts here :rolleyes:.

What the fuck are you smoking?

Toolie
08-07-2005, 11:21 PM
It says "Originally posted by Senator Burns" in the caption in the quote box. Yes, it's stupid to comment on that, but give it a fucking rest Breaker. You should be used to this shit by now.

Breaker
08-08-2005, 12:31 AM
It says "Originally posted by Senator Burns" in the caption in the quote box. Yes, it's stupid to comment on that, but give it a fucking rest Breaker. You should be used to this shit by now.

If that was the only part of his post that didn't make sense, I'd agree with you.

Lilith
08-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Wardinsky? You're a Jew? ;)

Darth Marsden
08-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Interesting views, that Senator. Now shall we discuss them, rather then making fun of Beaker? :)

It's certainly nice to know not everyone involved in politics is gunning for the 'Oh my God, I can see some flesh! Ban this game at once!' bandwagon. I wish more people in power felt the same way.

zoraking
08-08-2005, 11:20 AM
If that was the only part of his post that didn't make sense, I'd agree with you.

Maybe I should rephrse it for you:

Senator Burns- OK with things that are vulgar to some on TV, movies, games, etc. etc.

Hilary Clinton- Not OK with anything on TV, movies, gaems, etc. etc.

I can vote in 2008, so if he'd run, I'd give him my vote. I normally am democratical, but I wouldn't mind voting Republican for him.

As for the edit part, I was just being an ass.

Breaker
08-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Maybe I should rephrse it for you:

Senator Burns- OK with things that are vulgar to some on TV, movies, games, etc. etc.

Hilary Clinton- Not OK with anything on TV, movies, gaems, etc. etc.

I can vote in 2008, so if he'd run, I'd give him my vote. I normally am democratical, but I wouldn't mind voting Republican for him.

As for the edit part, I was just being an ass.

You're obviously smoking something if you believe Hilary has a chance in hell of winning an election, let alone being chosen as the 2008 Democratic Candidate. Otherwise, you're absolutely right... there isn't a bigger issue right now in this country than video game censorship. :rolleyes:

Now shall we discuss them, rather then making fun of Beaker? :)

Somebody's making fun of me?

Axel
08-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Only behind your back.

Breaker
08-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Only behind your back.

Brb while I go cut myself and cry about it.