PDA

View Full Version : Air Travel

Ganonator
08-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Ok, this post comes from GSP airport in Greenville, South Carolina.

Have you flown anywhere this summer? Got any up-and-coming trips planned?

So far, I went to convention in Baltimore, then I've flown from Seattle to here, here to Virginia Beach, back to Seattle, back here, I'm currently en route to British Columbia (via Toronoto, plane crash free since... 2005), then back.

Overall, I think I put a little over 16000 miles on my FFM card, which will land me a sweet trip someday.

And if you're not flying, have you driven anywhere interesting?

Brasel
08-06-2005, 10:46 AM
I flew from Iraq back to the States, and back again to Iraq. I flew in a Chinook Helicoptor, a C130, and a civilian airplane to get home. I also flew in a blackhawk chopper a couple times to go to other bases to get computers turned in to be fixed.

Ganonator, where you plan to use those FFMs to go?

goKi
08-06-2005, 12:04 PM
To the USA and back. some 22,000 miles of travel.

SixTen
08-06-2005, 12:27 PM
This summer I went to visit my dad while he was on leave, so we had to fly down to Biloxi MS with a stopover in Atlanta. That day there was really bad fog at Atlanta and several planes got redirected, I got sent to Chattanooga for four hours and we finally got back to Atlanta about a half hour to an hour after our connecting flight left. Then I had to go through numerous flight changes without even leaving the airport and put up with several cancellations before finally boarding the plane to Biloxi... 12 hours after arriving in Atlanta.

I fly a lot and I've never had problems like this when flying.

At first I just accepted their story of fog on the flightline, but then I remembered that I brought my chainmail shirt along to show my family and of course all the metal detectors will show is a 20 pound large metallic object in my suitcase, so I wonder if my flight was redirected to Chattanooga because they didn't want a 'bomb' going off in Atlanta, which makes some sense because once in Chattanooga we didn't even pull up to the concourse, they left us on the flightline and had to walk into the airport. Also, once I finally got to Biloxi and opened my suitcase I saw obvious signs that my bag had been searched and several Department of Homeland Security pamphlets sitting right on top.

The way back was much the same, though I didn't have to wait quite as long, probably only a 4 hour delay in Atlanta again. As I said before, I fly a lot and have never had this problem. Whatever the cause, whether my conspiracy story is real or not but I won't be bringing any more armor along on vacation.

Beldaran
08-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I've flown from Seattle -> Boston and back, Seattle -> Austin and back, Seattle -> Los Angeles and back, and Seattle -> Puerto Rico and back. The Puerto Rico flight was my longest.

I've driven around western Canada, I've driven from Seattle to Los Angeles, and when I moved here to Texas I drove from Seattle to Austin in my little red truck.

Edit: I'm a stupid retard. I just realzed you meant "this summer". I'm dumb. I haven't flown anywhere this summer, but this christmas I'm flying back to Seattle to visit my parents.

Kry
08-06-2005, 05:42 PM
I've flown to Flordia, took a cruise and flown back to Massachussets.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Just from Chicago to New York and back.

Ganonator
08-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Ganonator, where you plan to use those FFMs to go?I might be crazy, but i'll probably use it on next year's AGN convention, if we have one, or just to fly to visit family for Christmas.

ShadowTiger
08-07-2005, 01:11 PM
My family doesn't travel. Even for vacations, we tend to stay around the New York / New Jersey / Pennsylvania area. =/

Hell, the only time I've ever been on an airplane, ... I don't even remember it. I've been told I was three, and that I ran naked up and down the aisles. I'm sure you can see why I'd rather not remember that.

Machiavelli
08-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
My family doesn't travel. Even for vacations, we tend to stay around the New York / New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.

Same here. I love my tri-state area.

The last time I flew was a few summers ago. We went to florida. I liked it but was glad to get back to NY.

Lilith
08-08-2005, 01:01 AM
I flew from here (Chicago) to San Francisco, then on to Nagoya. Then a direct flight back from Osaska to Chicago. Then to New York and back with my bro.

Verman
08-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I have never actully been in a plane! The closet to a plane I've been is one on TV haha! One day I will fly :D maybe...

Edit:

YOU LIAR! You didn't edit your post at all! If you did it would say the time on the bottom of your post and it doesn't! HAH!

zoraking
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
I've flown to Florida. We had a 3 hour delay in Atlanta, due to snow.

My family has also driven every mile of Interstate 75.

Pablo
08-08-2005, 03:02 PM
I went Chicago -> San Francisco and then San Fran -> Los Angeles -> Chicago this summer, but in the past I've been to Argentina, Mexico, and (if I remember correctly) 23 states. My family's planning a trip to Canada (most likely Toronto) in the fall. Having a parent in the airline business rocks - free flights!