PDA

View Full Version : Simple Quest based on Link's Awakening.

King Aquamentus
08-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Since I've run out of ideas far too quickly on Gradius and power rangers, I'm gonna step back and do something easy, yet undone: Remake Link's Awakening in a classic LOZ tileset. The Stepladder is replacing the feather, and the hammer replaces the boots.
Half of Koholint overworld is almost finished: It had to be stored in two maps, like in Germis' Quest. I plan to include more than two swords in the game, though. (No keys to get into dungeons, so kanelet castle will house the white sword, and the southern face shrine will house the Magical sword. Obviously, the Seashell mansion will have the Master Sword.)
Heart pieces replace seashells, so expect more heart containers. I've just about finished up with the second dungeon.

Sure, I could use a more Gameboy tileset, but I wanted to use the extended LOZ tiles, so too bad.;)

JayeM
08-06-2005, 06:38 AM
Sounds interesting...I'm looking forward to it.

King Aquamentus
08-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, since I'm actually enjoying the creation of this quest, maybe I'll actually finish it! :)

Zelda_Warrior
08-07-2005, 11:53 PM
wow lots of people are making la quests lol

King Aquamentus
08-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Expect Screenshots soon. And also, remember that this is in the classic 8-bit LOZ tileset, but using the added tiles.^_^

I know, I know..."Why isn't he using the gameboy tileset?" Well, I wanted a basic Koholint Island that people can work off of if they want. Therefore, it shall be unpassworded. Sort of like the example 1st Quest.

looney linklord
08-10-2005, 01:27 PM
i've never played link's awakening before, could you remake it in gameboy graphic's some other time :shrug:

King Aquamentus
08-10-2005, 06:03 PM
No. LA screens are smaller than Zelda1 screens, so I have to remodel them a bit.