PDA

View Full Version : Got my XBox 360 Today

Cloral
08-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Well OK, it is a dev kit. So even if it were a final version and not a beta, it still wouldn't play retail games. But now I can work in HD which is pretty sweet. Problem is the damn thing sounds like an airplane taking off whenever it is on. All the beta kits do that for some reason. I'm sure they'll fix that for the final version though.

Ganonator
08-05-2005, 11:51 PM
that's pretty awesome, even though they are a bit late ;)
I hope that they can make the release date by the end of this year.

BTW, how big is the dev kit compared to the actual hardware?

Beldaran
08-05-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm surprised people are just getting their dev kits and yet the 360 is supposed to launch for christmas. Are a bunch of development houses suddenly supposed to churn out AAA titles in four months? Have other people had their dev kits for a while?

Cloral
08-05-2005, 11:57 PM
Actually, some of the others in my office got their dev kits months ago. But they were people who were working on graphics or other things specific to the 360. I had been working on more general features, so I didn't need one up until now. So don't worry, progress on 360 has been occuring for some time now. I was just happy to get one of my own today.

theplustwo
08-06-2005, 12:01 AM
You know, baseball on the 360 is probably the only thing that would really even warrant a peek at screenshots for me. I haven't seen anything that makes me want one yet.

AlexMax
08-06-2005, 09:13 AM
How's the Dashboard at this point?