PDA

View Full Version : castle haunt

looney linklord
08-05-2005, 11:32 PM
hey guys. i'm playing freedom's castle haunt quest. i need a key to pass chamber one, but where is it?

Freedom
08-06-2005, 01:39 AM
to the right of the dodongo and then up.

Castle Haunt II will be coming out in about a month

kopitiambread
08-06-2005, 03:03 AM
Wow! That's great :) Will the sequal follow the original storyline? Is it built for ZC 2.10 or the earlier versions?

Freedom
08-06-2005, 08:14 PM
CH-II will be about the same story line but the graphics, sounds, and secrets will be more advanced and it will be a little bigger.
It's for 2.10

looney linklord
08-07-2005, 01:06 AM
cool! that's something i'll need to download.

kopitiambread
08-07-2005, 05:31 AM
Sounds great! How long have you been working on it? Will it feature more items like the hammer etc?

Freedom
08-07-2005, 01:42 PM
It uses all the items the 2.10 has including the farore's wind and Nayru's love.

Fabiano the Spy
08-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Sweet, I've played and beat the original Castle Haunt. Any chance there would be a sequel to the Search for Elise? That series was awsome, as in Swansong and Search for Elise.

Freedom
08-07-2005, 04:32 PM
I've sort of settled down to trying to do 2 quests a year, one big one and one smaller , like "Link to Tortuga", and "Castle Haunt" (1) last year.
The larger quest I'm doing right now is "The Adventures of Robinhood" which might be done around Christmas or New Years, the overworld and 4 levels are done.
It has a lot of new graphics, mostly from Minish Cap.
Castle Haunts target date will be right before Halloween, right now I'm working on level 8, I still have level 9 and the graveyard to do.

After these two are released I'll probably stop building them until a version is released that doesn't have so many bugs, I had hoped that a stable release would come, but they are back to adding a lot of new features again instead of fixing the bugs in the ones that exist, which is resulting in even more bugs.
It's just very depressing that all of my older quests won't work in the 2.10, and some of the 2.10 bugs can't be gotten around except by just omitting things like the overworld map, and shop bugs, or the problems that some are having with sound.
People having sound problems probably shouldn't even download Castle Haunt II because it has a lot of mp3, wav, and other sounds, that will probably drive them batty.

Lita
08-07-2005, 07:14 PM
sorry about posting reply verses new thingy... but it JUST wouldn't let me! Anywho...

Replaying CastleHaunt.. I really LOVE this game! And I can't for the LIFE of me remember the deal with the 3 statues in Level 6! Mirror your power was the hint. I tried getting the wizards to bounce off me to hit the three statues.. no go.

Should I have a Mirror Shield Maybe? IF so... could you give me a hint as to where I might find it?

ANY help would be appreciated. :O) THIS time! I'm making notes! lololol

Thanks

Freedom
08-07-2005, 10:23 PM
If I remember right you have to swim through a wall for the mirror shield

Lita
08-08-2005, 10:47 AM
well, your memory served us well. :D

Only, it still didn't do what I 'thought' it was going to. :( I 'assumed'...lol. That I would stand opposite the statues and let the reflections pass over. OR, stand at the statues and let it hit. Even tried letting them stand by them and my wand hit and burn. But again, nothing!

I HATE that I played this once before and can't remember or even figure it out this time. But I'm just drawing a blank here. So, more help? Please?

And OH .. can't wait for this years version! I saw where you were preparing another Castle Haunt. Lovin that to look forward to cause this one is so cool. It's just right ya know? Not too long, not too hard. Just right. ;)

Thanks for the previous help and thanks for future help. :)

Freedom
08-08-2005, 10:55 AM
I think you only have to trigger 1 of the statues by reflecting the wizzerobe magic.
stand right next to the statue

Lita
08-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I hate to be a bother Freedom... but I've tried that numerous times! lol And the shield just kills the wizzards. Maybe it would help if I knew which statue was the trigger one? So I could focus on all the angles of it? And if you REALLY wanted to help me out... where to stand to get it to do it and what direction they needed to be firing from...lol. I know... that's awful specific! lol But, I've all but stood everywhere I thought I should.

Another thing I thought of was... does it have to be a specific wizard? Meaning the blue ones or the brownish ones? The brownish ones die so quick with the mirror shield so haven't got to try alot of positions with them.

anyway... though I do hate to be a bother... I KNOW it's not like a bug or anything because I've beat this quest before! Darn it! lol So it's just that either that's not the trigger or I'm not holding my mouth right... so to speak...;)

anyway, some specifics? Please? I'm beggin ya!

Freedom
08-08-2005, 01:37 PM
It's the one to the upper left, you stand facing right and let the magic from any wizzrobe hit the statue and your shield at the same time.
stand touching the lefthand side of the statue and facing right

Lita
08-08-2005, 04:22 PM
At the risk of wasting space I had to take the time to say thanks. :) I'm making a note so that question won't have to be asked again. ;) Good Luck on your new quest. :D

DefEdge
08-21-2005, 01:36 PM
I was wondering, I have seen 2 large chests and 2 keys I can't seem to reach in levels 1 and 2. Level 3 wants me to have the whistle in order to get in. How do I reach these chests? I'm thinking the whistle is in one of those 2 chests. I cannot continue without these.

Also, that crystal that's on the screen with level 2's entrance, I've tried to hit it with the magic boomerang, but can't seem to trigger it. Is it activated by the magic boomerang?

elise
08-21-2005, 02:11 PM
you need an Item from level 2 to get by the chest in level 1
The whistle just go straight ahead from the start ;)

DefEdge
08-21-2005, 05:41 PM
you need an Item from level 2 to get by the chest in level 1
The whistle just go straight ahead from the start ;)

Ok, I managed to get the bow from level 1, for some reason I couldn't hookshot across before.

Now I need to find the arrows. Where should I look for those?

elise
08-21-2005, 05:45 PM
The arrows are in level 3

DefEdge
08-21-2005, 06:14 PM
The arrows are in level 3

Lovely, so how do I get that whistle without the bow and arrows? My theory is to shoot the statue with an arrow and it will move the spears in the room above the entrance, allowing me to get to the key and the whistle.

Edit: ok, scratch that. I found the whistle in level 3, straight ahead across the pit through the wall. Thanks.

Freedom
08-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Walkthrough wall

elise
08-21-2005, 06:20 PM
The whistle is in level 3
Just enter and walkthrough the wall straight up it's there just to grab
Edit: oops beaten by the master himself :laughing:

DefEdge
08-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Heh... another question dang it...

How do I reach the boss of lvl 3? I thought I checked all the rooms. I've blown the whistle in just about every room, and done just about everything I can think of.

Freedom
08-21-2005, 08:52 PM
If I remember correctly you have two item rooms that you have to walk through the walls of and trigger a switch first on 1 side then the other.
The item rooms are reached through passageways

DefEdge
08-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Always something simple... :laughing:

Ok, so what do I need to do to trigger the entrance to lvl 5? I'm thinking I need the wand, because I found the book in lvl 3.

Also, is there anything that I should do? I've gotten the second sword (there is a bug that I noticed, forces me to restart. It has to do with getting the white sword. If you take the path above the sword through the hedge maze, you can't go back but you can easily reach the sword. You're stuck after that though cause you can't go back.) and I'm up to 8 HCs.

Freedom
08-21-2005, 10:00 PM
In the maze you can go back the way you came and get out.

I forget what you need in level 5, but if you've completed 1-4 you should have what you need, just try what you have.

elise
08-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Defedge push a candle

DefEdge
08-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Defedge push a candle

Again, something very simple. :D

Lvl 5 is a harsh mistress... You know what I mean. When is the earliest time I can get that item in the entrance screen? I've already fought through half the dungeon without it, gotten the long bow and silver arrow, and even killed the gohma to get the HC, all without the item. I think it's pretty impressive, but then again... :laughing:

elise
08-22-2005, 04:52 PM
You can get to it right from the start ,you just need to walk in the right trapp in the big trapp room :)

DefEdge
08-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Well well well. Chamber 8. 2 Items, Din's Fire and Large Wallet.

Where can I find my clues to solve the block color puzzles?

Once again, it's gotta be simple, right under my nose correct?

Edit: Figured it out, I just had to be persistent. I waited a few days before coming back to the game. Good title for being a bit older.

negra1948
10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
How can I get the cross in level 5. You mention the big trapp room above the cross or the other one, where there is 2 rooms in a row with traps. I try to walk in some of them unsuccessful.
Congratulations excellent quest I'm enjoying it.

Thanks elise I got the cross.

Somebody can help me I already got the Din's fire but I need to get the big wallet I don't know what to do with the color squares.

I already started 9 level there is a room where are 4 candles I try to fired them with the candle and with the Din's fire.

elise
10-24-2005, 08:29 PM
where there is 2 rooms in a row with traps. I try to walk in some of them unsuccessful.

so you better also try the others ;)

zellytoto
10-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Castle Haunt 1 chamber 6 how do I get to the big boss