PDA

View Full Version : just a few questions

TriGod
08-05-2005, 04:44 PM
There are a few questions that i left out of my post a few weeks ago that i meant to put in there, if anyone can help out, I would appreciate it

1. How can you make Link swing the sword rather than thrust it?

2. I want to make a bridge in my level but it ends up blocking the main path, how can i avoid this?

3. What do flags 16-31 do and how can i use them?

4. Can i change the way my items look?

Thanks in advance for any help

EDIT: i have come across a new problem while trying to make a new quest, for some reason, even though they are set, my undercombos are not working at all, instead, the top item just duplicates itself, please assist

looney linklord
08-05-2005, 06:28 PM
1. there should be a box you can check that says slash in the initial data menu. to get there click on quest->init.data

2.idontknow's tutorial can explain this better, but make 2 screens.one has the bridge on layer 3 or higher, and one has it on layer 0. the tutorial should be stickyed in on of these forums

3. those flags are for the secret tiles found in data-> secret combo, on the last page.

4. you can change the way the items LOOK by going to quest-> graphics-> sprites->items, and select a tile.
(click graphics->tiles to edit or create tiles)
or to change the action, istead of items, click weapons/misc.

5. i had the same problem, insted of an undercombo, it goes to the next tile in the tile sheet, either edit the next tile or move the first tile somewhere else. :highfive:

ShadowTiger
08-05-2005, 06:40 PM
EDIT: i have come across a new problem while trying to make a new quest, for some reason, even though they are set, my undercombos are not working at all, instead, the top item just duplicates itself, please assistUndercombos are generally for Armos that you touch, then leave their spot, and for "Slash" Or "Slash-->Item" combos. I think that's it. > >. To set the screen-wide undercombo, click on the combo on your combo page that you want as the undercombo, so that's the combo that you're drawing with if you clicked on the screen, And THEN go to Data-->undercombo and Click Okay. That should fix you right up. ;)

It's things like Lock Blocks, Lock Block Copycats, and Pound Combos that use the next combo in the combo page as their "undercombo." Keep that in mind. ;)

3) When you trigger a secret, ... i.e. use your boomerang on a boomerang flag, or hit Flag #90 (Strike Flag) with anything, it'll make all the Secret Flags (Flags 16-->31) turn into the combo that's assigned to their respective slots in the Secret combos Screen. (Data-->Secret Combos.)