PDA

View Full Version : Playland death

Machiavelli
08-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Click here for full story (http://cbsnewyork.com/newyorkwire/NY--PlaylandDeath-on/resources_news_html)

and for the clicking impaired:

RYE, N.Y. (AP) A boy died Wednesday on a water ride at the Playland amusement park in Westchester, the county executive's office said.

The death, the park's second in 15 months, occurred in late afternoon on Ye Old Mill, a boat-in-the-dark amusement beneath the Dragon Coaster on the midway. The ride is tamer than many others at the 77-year-old park.
This is where I'm going tomorrow with the family :scared: .

bigjoe
08-05-2005, 11:53 AM
This is why I never ride anything. You just never know when something will malfunction.

ShadowTiger
08-05-2005, 06:19 PM
... Machiavelli, you're kidding. :odd: I love Rye! :D Pretty awesome place. Guess people will think twice before going there though. <:-\

* Reads Article *

Oh Crud! O.O
In May 2004, a 7-year-old girl was killed on Playland's Mind Scrambler ride, which was spinning riders around in a darkened tent to flashing lights and loud music. Investigators concluded that Stephanie Dieudonne of New Rochelle wriggled free of the restraining bar on one of the Mind Scrambler's cars, knelt on the seat and fell soon after the ride started.Damn, I rode on that! That ride is sheer hell. It's strong enough to actually cause pain. I'm really not surprised at all that someone died on there. It's surprisingly easy to! Especially if you're small ... :shakeno:

Machiavelli
08-05-2005, 06:26 PM
really? I'm looking foward to it then. A silly article won't shake me! I'm getting on every ride there because I'm superwoman!!! :spin:

ShadowTiger
08-05-2005, 06:36 PM
.. Yeah, uh, .. just .. do yourself a favor, and if you're going on the Mind Scrambler, tie your hat to your head. .. .. You think I'm joking, don't you. :sweat: Oh man, I sincerely wish I was. :(

The boat paddle area was very nice. The scenery was simply beautiful. ;) Enjoy yourself. :) :highfive:

Machiavelli
08-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Ok, ok. I'll take your word for it.

The way you describe it reminds me of the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags. That ride could give you a concussion, seriously. Talk about whiplash.

Ganonator
08-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Here's how I see it.

How often is there a plane crash at an airport? Once every 3 years? Well, there was just one in Toronto last weekend, and I'm flying through Toronto tomorrow. Am I worried? Fuck no. They just had a crash. They aren't having another one a week later.

Machiavelli
08-05-2005, 07:26 PM
How often is there a plane crash at an airport? Once every 3 years? Well, there was just one in Toronto last weekend, and I'm flying through Toronto tomorrow. Am I worried? Fuck no. They just had a crash. They aren't having another one a week later.

My sentiments exactly. I do intend to get on both rides. And hit the beach afterwards :D .

Archibaldo
08-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Yeah, just this year near the end of the school yeah, a kid at my school drowned at a water park. The weird thing is, is that the last thing a friend of mine told this kid, was to to go choke on something and die.

What's really bad about that is that no one at school was sad about hearing him die, the year before when again another kid at my school died in a car accident, there was a big memorial service and stuff, and they even dedicated a trophy to him. But for the kid who drowned, nothing seemed to have changed at school.