PDA

View Full Version : Needs a sequel?

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-04-2005, 10:05 PM
I know this has probably been done before, but I really could care less. I wanna know.

What game really needs a sequel?

I would choose a Legend Of Dragoon sequel, because the game was just amazing. I suppose they could bring Dart back to maybe be the main character, or be a mentor. I mean, who wouldn't buy Legend Of Dragoon 2?

Orion
08-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I've been kinda hoping for a well-done 3rd Chrono game. I loved Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

Then maybe a Drakan 3 too, but I'm not counting on that. The first two didn't sell very well, I'm afraid.

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I would kill for a third Chrono game. Chrono Trigger for the SNES had to of been the best RPG ever.

Grasshopper
08-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Clive Barker's Undying.
Not to mention that it had a sequel and a prequel planned storywise but never made enough for EA to think it deserved it, despite it's reviews. :( All the staff is long since gone their seperate ways.

Blood.
I would definitely like to see a Blood 3. More along the lines of the first game, not the second. It had some awesome level design with a campy horror setting that included alot of one-liners from some favorite B movies. I would like to see that redone with a next-gen engine.

Thats just some personal favorites that come to mind.

Cloral
08-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Bionic Commando. Really fun once you got the hang of using the bionic arm to get around. I think it did pretty well too, so it is rather surprising that Capcom, who loves sequels, didn't make another one.

Guardian Legend. I liked how it played, but they never made another one.

Beldaran
08-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Quest For Glory 6!

I'd like to see a return to the adventure/puzzle genre a la Space Quest, Quest For Glory, Day of the Tentacle. I'd enjoy sequels to all of them, especially with updated hot stuff graphics. Can you imagine how cool Day of the Tentacle 2 would be in fully rendered 3D? [drool] I await the return of Hoagie.

vegeta1215
08-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Beyond Good and Evil, Beyond Good and Evil, Beyond Good and Evil!!!

I was going to say a REAL sequel to Chrono Trigger would be nice, since the CT related parts in Chrono Cross felt so forced that the game would've been better without them: however, nothing will top CT, and I think it would be best left alone.

King Aquamentus
08-04-2005, 11:33 PM
I was going to say a REAL sequel to Chrono Trigger would be nice, since the CT related parts in Chrono Cross felt so forced that the game would've been better without them:

OOh, and have this girl in it, with a funny name, that if you look closely, is very OBVIOUSLY Schala in disguise, and then Magus joins your party, only you don't know it's him either... ...ah, the places it can go from there.

anyways, Whatever happened to startropics? I would have loved to see a third game, maybe on the SNES. "Super StarTropics."

dandruff man
08-04-2005, 11:45 PM
There was a very innovative game back in '85 that i believe needs a sequel. The game is called "Super Mario Bros." If you have ever played it, you would agree a sequel would be fun.

King Aquamentus
08-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Dandruff, go over to gaming letdowns, where you will find my agreement.

Hey, whatever happened to pilotwings?

MacWeirdo42
08-05-2005, 12:44 AM
All truly great games deserve sequels. Even though some of those sequels may suck, it's worth the risk, in my opinion. My opinion is that if any game happens to stumble upon a truly great gameplay formula, then we, as players, will want to play more games like the one we fell in love with. Perfect example would be Super Mario Bros. "The Lost Levels" in my opinion was a great sequel to a great game. Sure, it was basically the same game with new levels for the most part, but the gameplay was so fun that it didn't need anything else, just something different, new challenges, whatever to keep the player occupied and avoid the boredom of playing the same levels over and over again.

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Starcraft needs a sequel. Starcraft:Ghost doesn't count. I'm talking about a true, RTS Starcraft sequel. Can you imagine how good it would look with today's graphics? I would buy an entirely new computer purely for that game. I still play SC to this day.

slef
08-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Starcraft needs a sequel. Starcraft:Ghost doesn't count. I'm talking about a true, RTS Starcraft sequel. Can you imagine how good it would look with today's graphics? I would buy an entirely new computer purely for that game. I still play SC to this day.

I agree completely

Cloral
08-05-2005, 01:43 AM
anyways, Whatever happened to startropics? I would have loved to see a third game, maybe on the SNES. "Super StarTropics."
I was thinking the same thing. It would definately have to be in the islands though, time-traveling between the random periods felt, well, random. They could have sea charts, and so as you collect them, new islands would become available (you would of course travel between them using the Sub-C). I think they could've even done it 3D, so long as they kept the top-down view so that the gameplay would feel similar to what it did in ST2 - despite my complaints about the story in that one, the gameplay really felt solid.

King Link
08-05-2005, 03:00 AM
Skies of Arcadia. 'nuff said.

KJAZZ
08-05-2005, 05:03 AM
Super Mario RPG. The two Paper Mario games were great, but I want another one with Square-Enix and Nintendo, with Geno and Mallow. :drool:

Carcer
08-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Skies of Arcadia. 'nuff said.
I agree. There was one in the works, but then Overworks got bought off Sega, apparently.
Eternal Darkness needs a sequel, and it needs to be harder. I unlocked eternal mode in a few days, which was good at first - pleased I could do it, but then I realised that the game wasn't much of a challenge. In fact, the only hard part was the Black Guardian Boss, and that was only if you didn't work out the strategy.

Tales of Symphonia also needs a sequel. Perhaps not so clichéd. Or even just another Tales game for the gamecube would suit me fine, as long as it had a similar engine.

However, it is my belief that companies ought to try out new franchises, like Billy Hatcher. I was glad that Sega tried something new - it didn't have to be great, but I always like a new game to play. Not that I'd object to any of the above sequels.

Grasshopper
08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
How could I forget such a thing. Even a compilation on GBA would be nice, with both 1 and 2. I have both, but like Cloral said, I like the island hopping aspect much better than the time-travelling.

Hey, whatever happened to pilotwings?
Weren't they going to make another Pilotwings? I know they aren't working on one, but I thought I read that a sequel was always a consideration.

Daarkseid
08-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Secret of Evermore

And Earthbound. Earthbound itself was a sequel, actually, but I've played it's predecessor, and now I want that sequel that never came about.

zoraking
08-05-2005, 11:54 AM
I've been kinda hoping for a well-done 3rd Chrono game. I loved Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

Square-Enix did have a copyright for Chrono Break, but they ceased production and dropped the trademark.

...damn.

Tygore
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
I also say Chrono Trigger. Such a greatgame. Then I play 10 minutes of Chrono Cross. Kid's a brat and the battle system makes me want to shoot someone, nothing at all like CT's system, which was amazing. We definatly need some better resolve to the events in CT.

Daarkseid
08-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I also say Chrono Trigger. Such a greatgame. Then I play 10 minutes of Chrono Cross. Kid's a brat and the battle system makes me want to shoot someone, nothing at all like CT's system, which was amazing. We definatly need some better resolve to the events in CT.

CT's battle system was lifted from FF and was unextraordinary. What the hell are you talking about?

Cloral
08-05-2005, 01:57 PM
I really liked CC's battle system actually. It is rather unique and you really have to think about what you're doing on some of the tougher bosses, like that ass-face Miguel. Where the hell did he get that Holy Drag Sword from?

...but that's really all I liked about CC.

Dechipher
08-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I agree with KJAZZ....SMRPG2 would be wicked....

Tygore
08-06-2005, 01:08 AM
CT's battle system was lifted from FF and was unextraordinary. What the hell are you talking about?

Being directly on the map made area a factor as opposed to, "We line up on one side, you line up on another, we fight", combination techs made for a more diverse team(a Crono-Marle-Robo team is actually quite different than a Crono-Robo-Magus for instance), and the line/area based moves (as opposed to, attach hits one guy or attack hits everybody). It took a good system, improved upon it, yet kept it simple enough to figure out quickly.

Aliem
08-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Earthbound 2 is for sure an interesting idea... If only it'd have not been cancelled... -.-

King Aquamentus
08-06-2005, 01:47 AM
It is rather unique and you really have to think about what you're doing on some of the tougher bosses, like that ass-face Miguel.

*shudders....* That was such a horrible battle. Then again, without the black dragon scale, so was Dario.

Chrono Cross wasn't that bad. I actually want to finish the game, but I can't because Disk 2 doesn't work. I need to buy another copy of the game.

Oh, and I've seen what Schala looks like in Chrono Cross. She didn't just change her hair, she changed her clothes and her eyes. What the hell?

Darth Marsden
08-06-2005, 12:23 PM
*shudders....* That was such a horrible battle. Then again, without the black dragon scale, so was Dario.

Chrono Cross wasn't that bad. I actually want to finish the game, but I can't because Disk 2 doesn't work. I need to buy another copy of the game.

Oh, and I've seen what Schala looks like in Chrono Cross. She didn't just change her hair, she changed her clothes and her eyes. What the hell? I may get told off for this, but if you legally own Chrono Cross, you should be okay to download an ISO of the second disc as a backup copy. I won't link (PM me if you really need to), but have a look around.

I'd like a true sequel to Chrono Trigger, a Super Mario RPG 2, a decent Earthworm Jim game and a kick-ass X-Men RPG. Wait a second...

King Aquamentus
08-10-2005, 10:34 PM
A Jet Force Gemini Sequel. I'm no Xbox fan, but JFG was a lot of fun if you wanted to SPLAT something.

VT_Hokie_Fan
08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
I loved Jet Force Gemini, until you had to get the ship parts and rescue the Tribals. That sucked.

King Aquamentus
08-10-2005, 10:58 PM
...and yes, I know JFG was for N64. I'm talking about it's sequel when I say Xbox.

algam86
08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I have JFG, and it took me forever to get those stupid bear-things... I had to re=do so many places because one kept getting shot...by my tri-rocket launcher...

But I liked killing Mizar.

Anyway, I really liked Soul Blazer and Bahamut Lagoon, and I'd like them both to have a sequel... It'd be awesome if Byuu could have Bahamut as his dragon, and all of the other Holy dragons, and maybe more, could make an appearance, and play a decent role in the game, like the original.

I'd also like to see how the thing is going between Blazer and Lisa, since the Master turned him into a human, at the very least.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-10-2005, 11:48 PM
You know...there WAS a direct sequel to CT. Chrono Trigger 2: Radical Dreamers, text based game. Only released in Japan and IIRC very underground there. Don't know a lot more about it.

Cloral
08-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Anyway, I really liked Soul Blazer and Bahamut Lagoon, and I'd like them both to have a sequel... It'd be awesome if Byuu could have Bahamut as his dragon, and all of the other Holy dragons, and maybe more, could make an appearance, and play a decent role in the game, like the original.

I'd also like to see how the thing is going between Blazer and Lisa, since the Master turned him into a human, at the very least.
Soul Blazer actually has 2 sequels - Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma. They aren't direct sequels since they each have different characters. But there are enough similarities between them for me to consider them sequels (for instance, Metal Mantis makes a cameo in Illusion of Gaia in the secret level).

Grasshopper
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I was just about to say the same thing.

All three of those games are very good.

*b*
08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet! Golden Sun The Lost Age! it's already a sequel, sure, but there's still so much more that needs to be said, like, did Alex survive? what happened to the world now that Alchemy has been unleashed? and does Kraden ever shut up?

dandruff man
08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
yes crono trigger 2 does exsit. it was developed by square for on extension of the super famicom called the sallaview (i think?) this add on relied on the data transfer from sattleites. and to dismay, it never was really ported into a full game. it is a "text" type game, but i don't know what that really means becuase i don't speak japanese.

the game was released back in 96 or 97, which ever year chrono trigger came out, a direct year later. this game does heavily evolve around magus, (or so im told) which is the only reason it makes the game look interesting becuase the other thing i learned about this game is that crono trigger 2 is a bridge between crono trigger and chrono cross, and that chrono cross is based loosley on chrono trigger 2.

so the game exsists, but not the way we want it to. this is one of squares dumbest moves in my opinion.

Orion
08-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Chrono Trigger does have a "true" sequel. It's called Chrono Cross. Don't like it? Deal with it.

I would also like to see a JFG sequel. I am told it is supposed to be for the Xbox 360, but I wouldn't expect it to be finished for another 4-5 years, knowing Rare. They don't exactly have a reputation for doing things quickly.

Fiyerstorm
08-11-2005, 02:28 PM
I want a sequel to Eternal Darkness. That game has so much sentimental value to me. MORE PLZ.

Axel
08-11-2005, 06:03 PM
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet! Golden Sun The Lost Age! it's already a sequel, sure, but there's still so much more that needs to be said, like, did Alex survive? what happened to the world now that Alchemy has been unleashed? and does Kraden ever shut up?
I heard something about a GC Golden Sun. Can't remember what, though. Yeah, there does need to be a Golden Sun 3. And no, there's no way he'll die in such an anticlimatic way.

vegeta1215
08-12-2005, 01:42 AM
yes crono trigger 2 does exsit. it was developed by square for on extension of the super famicom called the sallaview (i think?) this add on relied on the data transfer from sattleites. and to dismay, it never was really ported into a full game. it is a "text" type game, but i don't know what that really means becuase i don't speak japanese.

Radical Dreamers is the name of the game. There are people online trying to translate it so it can be played on an emulator, but I'm not sure how far they've gotten, or if the project still exists.

From what I've read, the story is pretty much the same as the story for Chrono Cross, except Magus is in the game (Magus is not in Chrono Cross). Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_Dreamers