PDA

View Full Version : Halo PC Questions

Yoshiman
08-04-2005, 08:28 PM
I've been thinking about getting Halo for my PC, and I downloaded a trial version. After playing it, I have a few questions that need answering.

First of all, the sound in the trial verson is very crappy. Even on low quality settings. Other games I've played off of my computer have very good sound quality. Although, these games are a bit older (Diablo II, FFVII, FFVIII).

During the trial netplay, no one was using a microphone. Does it support a mike at all? Also, it was somewhat laggy. I'm running Verizon DSL. Everyone else seemed to be getting lag as well. I want to play over the internet with my friend, so it's a big part of my buying descision.

Graphics seemed very watered down compared to the Xbox version. I don't mind if they're not as good, but I'd just like to know if it's the trial version that gives them less quality. I had them on the highest graphic settings possible.

I want to know if these things change in the full version. I don't own an Xbox, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

cap2030
08-05-2005, 04:47 PM
I have the pc version but rarely played it.
I dont think you can use a mic but it could be everyone playing was just too lazy.
I didnt find any problems with sound.
Graphics seem about the same wtih both versions.

Beldaran
08-05-2005, 04:55 PM
My computer is significantly more powerful than my xbox, and yet the graphics are worse in Halo PC than they are for Halo Xbox for me. I experience lags and slowdowns as well.

ShadowTiger
08-05-2005, 06:32 PM
... Um ... I Don't. :odd: Granted, I don't have XBox or HALO for it, but I do have HALO for the PC, (One of the later versions, I think.) ... er ... Full Version, and it runs perfectly. Or at least as well as can be expected on an AMD 1700 512 MB Ram machine. :shrug: Really, I have no complaints about it at all. =/

(Except getting stuck between two trees in a warthog and not being able to leave it. :sweat: :rolleyes: )

AlexMax
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
My computer is significantly more powerful than my xbox, and yet the graphics are worse in Halo PC than they are for Halo Xbox for me. I experience lags and slowdowns as well.

This is true. Turning off the shaders in Halo PC helps, but Halo PC runs a lot less optimized on PC than it should.

Fucking Gearbox, go back to making Half Life expansions.

Darth Marsden
08-06-2005, 12:16 PM
Or World War II games... that one they made was actually pretty damn good. They just need to stop porting things over, that's no way to make a living.

I've got the full game, and it was a bit choppy on my machine. I turned down the resolution, and it was fine. As far as I know, I never had any problems with sound, but the gameplay... bleh. Give me Half-Life 2 any day.