PDA

View Full Version : cutscenes

merder
08-04-2005, 01:26 PM
i have seen a lot qeusts with cutscenes in them. now i want to know how to make them. i don't mind if it's complex or as simple as can be. so please tell me. thanks in advance.

questerd00dman^
08-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Make a bunch of screens for the animation and go to screen data and set warp tics for how long you want each screen to show and check off invisible link and no subscreen for EVERY screen. When making the animation the characters will have to be on a seprate layer than whatever the background is on. You will have to edit the tiles to get link to move halfway to one tile then all the way on it. If you want a message string to stop in the middle of the cutseen make sure warp tics is 0. Then make an unwalkable link area around 2 tiles. After that make one tile where link appears from the next screen and the other where he has to stand to end the string and get to the rest of the cutsceen. Set guy to fire and edit your tiles so there is no fire tile. Then set a message string for the room and put something on the screen that says push (direction link has to walk to get to the tile that takes you to the next screen.) Since I didn't explain very good why don't you just try alphadawg's zquest tutorial. Thats how I learned. It's one of the stickys in this subject.