PDA

View Full Version : I Like Beer

dandruff man
08-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I like beer, and if any of you out there are like me, a guy in his mid 20's that has been playing video games way too long, (since atari and activision days, pre nes) you need a beer or two in the middle of all this gaming. I live in Kansas City and we have a local brewery called Boulevard Wheat, it just might be my favorite beer of all time. I was just wondering, what is your all's beer of choice? (no cheep beers like pabst blue ribbon or natty light!) I want to know about some beers that i might be missing out on.

Glitch
08-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Corona with lime.

ShadowTiger
08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm nearly within arms reach of the legal drinking age, but I'll stay clear of beer. I've tasted Dr Jones root beer, which I've heard is the closest thing in our neighborhood, and it wasn't quite up to par for my tastes. Maybe I'll get into it later though.

Pablo
08-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Corona with lime. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Kry
08-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm more of a wine cooler guy... But I'd say Corona.

Ganonator
08-03-2005, 02:16 PM
girly drinks rule, but i totally appreciate an ice cold Bud Light.

Daarkseid
08-03-2005, 02:40 PM
girly drinks rule,

I'm ashamed to admit, but they do. However beer is good also, but I don't quite a favorite brand I regularly drink. Last stuff I had was a mexican beer called Tecate. Although this czech beer my Dad bought was really really good.

Beldaran
08-03-2005, 02:49 PM
It's Shiner Bock for me. Shiner is the local Texas beer, and it's rad. Ask for a Shiner if you are in Texas. It makes you look like less of a dumb ass than if you order a Miller Icehouse or something.

Carcer
08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I like beer, yes, but I hate lager. To me, they all taste the same - which is boring. I much prefer ale, in huge bottles with labels that you'd never think of, becuase it tastes different, and stronger alchoholically, and for your taste buds. Perhaps that's because old men drink it and their sense of taste has all but left them.

King Link
08-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Carlsberg Beer. I'm not much of a drinker. I don't much like the taste of beer though.

My dad also bought this really good (in terms of how good beer can actually taste) German beer... just can't remember what it was called.

Glitch
08-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm nearly within arms reach of the legal drinking age, but I'll stay clear of beer. I've tasted Dr Jones root beer, which I've heard is the closest thing in our neighborhood, and it wasn't quite up to par for my tastes. Maybe I'll get into it later though.

Lmao, root beer is nothing like beer. Not any kind of similar taste what so ever.

moocow
08-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Corona with lime or Bud Light.

Glitch
08-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Corona with lime

and who got you liking that? ;)

ShadowTiger
08-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Lmao, root beer is nothing like beer. Not any kind of similar taste what so ever. ... ... You have no idea how glad I am to hear that. (But unless you've tasted Jones Brand, you've got nothing to compare it to. :p It tastes like urine. :odd: I still can't figure out why my sister loves it so much. I think she'll be the beer drinker in the family. :sweat: )

But I should agree, ... at least in my family, wine is preferred over beer. In mild quantities of course. ... Heh, except during the holidays. If you love to drink, become Jewish. There's a holiday in early March that commands you to get as drunk as possible. ...

Carcer
08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
...If you love to drink, become Jewish. There's a holiday in early March that commands you to get as drunk as possible. ...
Can you convert to Jewish for small periods once a year and then revert to agnostiscism for the rest of it?
Where I am, the way to get drunk is with spirits. Yeuch.
Champagne is, in my opinion, the best alchoholic beverage. If I could afford it, it would be all I'd drink - not even beer would remain if I could have that.

Kry
08-03-2005, 03:51 PM
It tastes like urine. :odd: I still can't figure out why my sister loves it so much. I think she'll be the beer drinker in the family. :sweat: . If urine tastes as bad as it smells... your sister should be in a psych ward. :P

EDIT: You say you're in arms length of drinking? You're what, 15? Where the heck do you live? Closest I know is 18, and that was on the Mariner of the Seas cruise ship.

MacWeirdo42
08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Bah! Bah, I say! I hate beer. I'm gonna have to agree with Ganonator and Daarkseid here, girly drinks rule. Had a Long Island iced tea once... Most fantabulous drink ever! I could drink about 20 of those, puke my guts out, pass out, wake up either in the hospital or dead... Well, it wouldn't be a good idea, certainly, but man... Have yet to find any sort of alcoholic beverage that tastes nearly as good.

Glitch
08-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I still can't figure out why my sister loves it so much. I think she'll be the beer drinker in the family.

you did see what I said about it being nothing like beer what so ever, right?

Verman
08-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Not much of a fan of drinking beer to get drunk... I like a beer here and there because when your really frickin thirsty nothing quenches it like an ice cold Canadian.

I dont drink beer unless its social...I don't get drunk with it... If I'm going to get smashed its Crown and Ginger.. It sneaks up and kicks you in the face.

Remember that callitaday idiot who faked a marrige with fake pictures and everything? He wouldnt shutup about beer...hahah! I wonder if he's dead.

Kry
08-03-2005, 04:08 PM
OMFG! I just thought of a good drink. Kaoshi Coffee. The flippin' best coffee on the fricken planet. It's got like, coffee and rum in it. Whipped cream on top, OH MY GOD I WANT ONE NOW!

<_< ...... >_>

Yeah, other good drinks are things like Pina Collattas (sp?) and Baily's Bushwacker.

Beldaran
08-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Not much of a fan of drinking beer to get drunk... I like a beer here and there because when your really frickin thirsty nothing quenches it like an ice cold Canadian.

I dont drink beer unless its social...I don't get drunk with it... If I'm going to get smashed its Crown and Ginger.. It sneaks up and kicks you in the face.

Remember that callitaday idiot who faked a marrige with fake pictures and everything? He wouldnt shutup about beer...hahah! I wonder if he's dead.

Like you, I don't drink beer to get drunk. I enjoy a beer here and there with a meal or during a party. However, beer doesn't really quench your thirst. The alcohol dries you out, dehydrating you even more.

Shadowblazer
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Like you, I don't drink beer to get drunk. I enjoy a beer here and there with a meal or during a party. However, beer doesn't really quench your thirst. The alcohol dries you out, dehydrating you even more.
Not me! Nothing numbs the pain that is life better than alcohol. Bring on the pink elephants! *hic*

Master Ghaleon
08-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Yuengling is my beer of choice

Eckels
08-03-2005, 08:58 PM
If i only had beer to choose from, I choose Yeungling or Bass.

But I'd take a LI Iced Tea any day over a beer.

goKi
08-03-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't drink alcohol. Ask Glitch.

mikeron
08-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Downtown Brown, for now.
I'm more of a wine cooler guy...Stay the hell away from my sister.