PDA

View Full Version : new school year, "new" teacher

cyberkitten
08-03-2005, 01:38 AM
how weird would it be, if over the summer, your teacher had a sex change? (http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1122958532206130.xml&coll=1)
do you think she'll ultimately have to teach in another district to be effective as a teacher? or do you think the students are young enough (or old enough) to be able to just shrug it off and not make a big issue out of it? do you think teachers should be "allowed" to have sex changes and keep working at the same school? what would happen at your school if this was one of your teachers?

i think in the city i grew up in, they'd have made the teacher transfer to a different school. they weren't exactly progressive, and i think that because the adults would have made such a big deal about it, that it would have become a big deal to the students and they wouldn't be able to get past it and get back to learning. i've been out of school for quite awhile, so i don't know for sure how it would go over if it happened now, but i'm inclined to think things haven't changed much and it still wouldn't work.

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 07:06 AM
It would depend on if I like the teacher before the sex change, methinks. If I liked them, it wouldn't be much of problem. If I hadn't, I'd probably be pretty bothered and try to switch classes.

As for my area... they'd probably make the teacher move to another area. It seems to be mostly a mixture of teens and elderly folks around here, and I doubt they'd be too accepting.

Glitch
08-03-2005, 11:28 AM
That is not something middle school students need to be exposed to.

Kry
08-03-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm in highschool, we could probly deal with it, but s/he would probably get transfered.

Shadowblazer
08-03-2005, 03:09 PM
It would probably be pretty weird. I remember one of my teachers in high school getting divorced over the summer, and it was hard enough adjusting to having to call her by a different name. But at the same time, I don't think it's that big of a deal. The kids might make some jokes, giggle behind her back a little bit, but in the end they'll get over it, most likely a lot faster than their parents will.

Glitch
08-03-2005, 03:13 PM
"Timmy, where is your homework from last night?"

"The same place your penis is Ms. Johnson."

Carcer
08-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Where I went to school, the teacher would have been ridiculed into suicide, most likely. If I were that teacher, I'd walk in and inform the students that I was the old teacher's "brother"/"sister".
Still, it would be funny to have a teacher that got a sex change, purely for the entertainment side of it.

"Timmy, where is your homework from last night?"

"The same place your penis is Ms. Johnson."
You'd never hear the end of things like that.

Silvanoshea
08-03-2005, 04:10 PM
how dare you even mention the words of (*cough*)-school and (*cough*)-teachers untill the (*cough*)-school year starts.

Rainman
08-03-2005, 09:05 PM
In this town, probably not.