PDA

View Full Version : A good n00b?

zoraking
08-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Alot of the time, I hear bitching about such-and-such is a terrible n00b, or such-and-such needs to leave AGN. But, I was wondering, has there ever been a newbster that people actually liked? Nobody ever says that such-and-such is great for just being a newbie. I don't mean someone that was already here and created a new account, and had to drop the old one. I mean a pure-blood n00b.

Master Ghaleon
08-03-2005, 12:47 AM
SNOWCOCK is one that I remember

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-03-2005, 12:48 AM
lol I don't think I even went to AGN when that happened but I still heard about and saw SNOWCOCK. Funnay.

And I'm obviously the best n00b. =D

ctrl-alt-delete
08-03-2005, 01:15 AM
lol I don't think I even went to AGN when that happened but I still heard about and saw SNOWCOCK. Funnay.

And I'm obviously the best n00b. =D

Yes...yes you are.

May be way off here...but I think Ich was once voted best noob for a superlative.

Lilith
08-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Everytime I vote someone "best n00b" they end up going crazy and getting banned. So I'll stfu.

zoraking
08-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Everytime I vote someone "best n00b" they end up going crazy and getting banned. So I'll stfu.

lol.

Must be a curse you put on them, you jinx.
What makes them go crazy? Is it the fact that they think they're the best, and nothing can stop them?

Breaker
08-03-2005, 02:14 AM
SNOWCOCK is one that I remember

lol. You're joking, right?

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 07:03 AM
Well, I'm still pretty new. How about me? ;)

Daarkseid
08-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Well, I'm still pretty new. How about me? ;)

Yes, I'd say you're among the top of our newer active members.

PolygonX8
08-03-2005, 08:59 AM
I haven't been aware of any here yet due to my past inactivity (just compare the join date and post count and you'l lsee what I mean), but I've seen them elsewhere. Some of these n00bs get even more praised than regulars at some places.

theplustwo
08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Usually a good newbie is someone who hangs around long enough to get the hang of things, and thus is no longer new. :)

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Yes, I'd say you're among the top of our newer active members.Ah, shucks. You know that's going in my sig. More like it please, people!

Glitch
08-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Ah, shucks. You know that's going in my sig. More like it please, people!

Don't let it go to your head. Arrogance is the first thing people will stop liking you for ;)

BTW, I rock, you all suck. Bow down before me! mwuahahahaha

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I am SNOWCOCK, not to be confused with a cock made of snow...

Breaker
08-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Ah, shucks. You know that's going in my sig. More like it please, people!

You just hit the bottom of the list. Way to go!

No, you're not.

Eckels
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM

wtf?

character limit

Shadowblazer
08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
The good newbies are the ones that don't draw attention to their newbie-ness. They sign up, they start posting, and then a little while later you think to yourself "hey, where did this cool guy come from?"

Most people do not fall into this category, and instead go through the "LOOK AT ME I'M A N00B" phase. They post something to every single thread they click on, even when they don't have anything to add to the discussion. They start worthless threads like "What's your favorite kind of apple?" or "Who here doesn't like me?" They make a beeline for General Bitching as soon as they gain access to it, whereupon they make utter jackasses of themselves. They ignore the hints (and outright demands) that they change their posting habits and instead continue to spread nonsense all over the boards. They annoy me.

Eckels
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey Shadyblazer, what's your favorite kind of apple?

Shadowblazer
08-03-2005, 01:11 PM
By the way, Eckels is a terrible newbie. I don't know why we don't just ban him.

Glitch
08-03-2005, 01:40 PM
By the way, Eckels is a terrible newbie. I don't know why we don't just ban him.

Then how would we all get our weekly handjobs?

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
You've been getting handjobs? Goddammit, I'm being shortchanged here.

ShadowTiger
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I remember SixTen being a great newcomer, though who am I to judge. AGN needs more newcomers like him. He did get win the award for it last year, after all.

Carcer
08-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I personally don't see the link between the words "good" and "n00b".
However, I do believe that you can get a good newcomber/newbie. In my opinion that's someone that learns the rules quickly and is generally quite cool as a person.
And not boring.

SixTen
08-03-2005, 10:53 PM
I remember SixTen being a great newcomer, though who am I to judge. AGN needs more newcomers like him. He did get win the award for it last year, after all.
Thanks, I was wondering if anyone would mention me. I tried not to start too much shit and not to take things seriously. I didn't want to suggest myself as being a good noob, cause what do I know. I figured if anyone liked me they would mention it.

Archibaldo
08-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I think that Darth Marsden is probably one of the best newbs here. He's the only one who hasn't been either banned or just left who has quite a bit of posts. Most newbs leave after about 150 posts.

I remember when SixTen was a newb. He said something about making a bet with Ich that he could reach 1000 posts in one month or someting. I thought he was crazy but sure enough he made it to 1000 in like 3 months I think.