PDA

View Full Version : Hero's Story

dafeedil
08-02-2005, 09:27 PM
So far this seems to be a kinda fun game, but in the unnamed dungeon, I've gotten the Ladder, got to the one spider guy(?), killed him and in that room is stairs blocked by two blocks you need keys to open. I can't find any keys, and haven't found the hookshot nor the bracelet. I'm sorta stuck! :( Can anyone help? Thanks!

bloodhound
08-02-2005, 10:43 PM
So far this seems to be a kinda fun game, but in the unnamed dungeon, I've gotten the Ladder, got to the one spider guy(?), killed him and in that room is stairs blocked by two blocks you need keys to open. I can't find any keys, and haven't found the hookshot nor the bracelet. I'm sorta stuck! :( Can anyone help? Thanks!

bombable wall south in the room with the spike things.

dafeedil
08-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Ok, I got to the room in the unnamed dungeon with the blocks in the form of a question mark. I still don't have the bracelet or the hookshot. Do I need the bracelet to do something in this room, and if so, where is the stinkin' bracelet? I'm ummm, like really confused!

Love For Fire
08-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Talk a close look at the border design in that room... and you are very close to your next item so don't worry.

rocknroll
08-04-2005, 02:24 AM
alright, i must be stupid. im in the unnamed dungeon, and i got the ladder. i go in that room with all the pits and the bats and that shooty thing. to the north theres a door thats sealed. not locked, but the type you usually unlock by hitting a switch or kiling all the enemies. im stuck. what do i do?

Love For Fire
08-04-2005, 08:36 AM
push the block at the bottom of the room.

OUCH!
08-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Now I trying 3rd dungeon.
And I discoverd that Link fight with a manhandla with your items can't used.
It is same as my quest's idea. ;)
In my quest,thrust sword and Link can use the sword beam.
This quest slash sword and Link can't use the sword beam.
Which is more difficult?

dafeedil
08-04-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm in the royal grave right now, got the cross and that's about it. Keys, boy, where are all the keys???? I'll find them eventually, but it's kinda frustrating. Also, where's the meat? Or does that come later?

bloodhound
08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
the keys are hard to manage. I had to save when I had one key, and if I made a wrong turn I had to retry and go and try a different door.

As for the meat, I think I found that after the 5th dungeon.

Chosen One
08-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Dafeedil In the royal Grave push against the walls. You might just find a key and an item like something by the name of THE LENS OF TRUTH.

dafeedil
08-04-2005, 08:29 PM
I already got the lens by getting the key in the room where you need the lens to see the spikes on the floor. I just went straight across the spikes and using potions to fill up my life so I wouldn't die before getting the key. Now I am so stuck in this dungeon. I've been in I think every room I can access w/o the lantern or any keys. Outside of the dungeon I see the skull head on the ground that you need the lantern to burn, but other than that, I've looked EVERYWHERE for keys, bombable or walkthru walls, and I just can't seem to go any further. I'm stuck :(

Love For Fire
08-04-2005, 10:32 PM
The Lantern is not in a big chest, and just remember the whistle IS useful for more than just Level 1.

dafeedil
08-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Fire, I've blown that flippin' whistle in every room I can access in the Royal Grave. Can you give me a little hint? :D

fajz
08-05-2005, 08:53 AM
OK, I am now in Ganon's Castle Prison (L8) and apparently I need some meat to head North. Where is the meat I need? Now I can't get out of the Prison and I have no meat.

Love For Fire
08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Fajz
It is not the meat you need, but the mushroom from Lvl7 (I did this to prevent the player from using the potion+red bubble trick)

Dafeedil
It is in the room one north of the invisible Link room and it has a triforce marking on the ground. Go from the western side of the first floor into the invisible wizzrobe room, then down stairs.

dafeedil
08-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Fire, when you say the invisible wizrobe room, do you mean the one above the room that had the lens of truth in it? I can't find an invisible link room anywhere. I feel kinda stooopid!

Love For Fire
08-05-2005, 02:48 PM
yes, one above the lens room. Then you will reach the spike room with a staircase. Sown there will be a locked door, after that another stair room with enemies. Go up the stairs into another room and bomb the north wall. After that is the invisible link room. The big key is on the left, the lantern to the north.

dafeedil
08-05-2005, 02:53 PM
The problem is tho, I can't find a key to open that door!! :(

OUCH!
08-06-2005, 10:07 AM
My game closed forcibly when I swam toward the north and scrolled out of screen.
I am not saving for a long time. :sick:
Did you debug it?

Love For Fire
08-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I have heard of this... it actually happened to me in a different game. I shouldn't have allowed access to swimming off the screen... it's a bug in all 1.92 games. Anyone else reading this, don't swim up off the map!

dafeedil
08-06-2005, 01:59 PM
That happened to me, too, in another game, I don't remember which one. Fire, I'm gonna start the game over from the beginning, I don't know what I did in lvl 3, but I'm still stuck w/o any keys. I think it's a good game with a lot of thought put into the dungeon set up. That's what a Zelda games all about anyway, right? (I just wish I wasn't stuck!! :poke: )

Love For Fire
08-06-2005, 02:42 PM
ok you have the cross right? The only key you need to reach the lantern if I remember correctly is one room south of the wallmaster room. (with all the spikes and blocks)

Kingboo30
08-06-2005, 04:23 PM
I looked at border in the ? room. I can't figure out the border puzzle? Is it invloved by bombing? I hope not, An Arrow? Nevermind I did it. I did it in the wrong place.

jjacklyn
08-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Help! I'm stuck in Lv5. Can someone PLEASE tell me where is the Mirror Shield and the 2nd bracelet. THANKS!

Love For Fire
08-08-2005, 02:17 AM
The Mirror Shield is in the upper-left corner of the first floor. The 2nd bracelet is not in this level.

cpoet
08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Having just begun this quest, having the bow the arrow, the flute but yet to find the boomerang.

Then I traveled to #2, having found the ladder, and now
stuck where the room has two keys, but need to find the
hookshot or bracelet first I suppose

Thanks for your help!

Cpoet

Love For Fire
08-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Did you get the key from bombing the wall under the spike room? You only need one to open both blocks. The Boomerang isn't until about half-way through the game... I didn't want to give it too early.

cpoet
08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Did you get the key from bombing the wall under the spike room? You only need one to open both blocks. The Boomerang isn't until about half-way through the game... I didn't want to give it too early.

Uder the spike room. There are two that I know of; one,
with a large chest and several spikes and then to the left a
room maze with spikes. Have bombed til I feel like a terrorist.

Thanks

Love For Fire
08-11-2005, 12:13 PM
There is a key in the room under the big key actually as well... I meant the one with the spikes moving up and down. Bombing the south wall will get you to another key.

cpoet
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
There is a key in the room under the big key actually as well... I meant the one with the spikes moving up and down. Bombing the south wall will get you to another key.

In my old age I have become less and less able to use my
fraile brain, but in the rooms I come across there is no south wall as that is where I enter assumming south is bottom north is top left is west and right is east.

There is a large chest where I believe the map was found, and
that was to the right and up a couple rooms
Thanks

Love For Fire
08-11-2005, 06:15 PM
One room east of the big key, you'll see a teleporter that you can't reach. It must be reached by the top wall of the room which is the bottom wall of another room with spikes...

cpoet
08-12-2005, 07:17 PM
One room east of the big key, you'll see a teleporter that you can't reach. It must be reached by the top wall of the room which is the bottom wall of another room with spikes...

Found it. Thanks. The level is history, now off to enjoy sliding
the blocks across the room. Saw the "Lens of truth" now to get it.

Cpoet

jjacklyn
08-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks Love For Fire, I can't beat the white ghost, and I can't find the first floor. Can you give me some hint in this dungeon please?
Oh I've found everything in this dungeon and 2 keys. But I can't find the boss key and where to use this 2 keys? Help! :cry:
Help! I still can't find the room. Please tell me more clearly. :cry:
And PLEASE tell me where is the hammer? :D

Love For Fire
08-15-2005, 02:18 AM
The boss key is behind a boss key door in a place you haven't been to yet. Look for another way in... it's somewhere you have definitely been, but this time when looking around the 2nd floor, pay attention to the floor... (I'm assuming you're talking about level 5 right?)

Valientlink
08-17-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm stuck in the last level.

Love For Fire
08-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Could be just a little more specific with how your are stuck on the last level?

cpoet
08-18-2005, 05:24 PM
The Mirror Shield is in the upper-left corner of the first floor. The 2nd bracelet is not in this level.

I'm in the graveyard area and am looking for keys. Found several, but there are two areas I cannot get into for lack of keys. One is above the Red wizrobes, and the other is where the steps are leading down, but walking thru the wall on the left reveals a place with locked door. Clues?????

HELP! NEED KEYS! Am in the graveyard

Cpoet

cpoet
08-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Talk a close look at the border design in that room... and you are very close to your next item so don't worry.

I found a walkthru place at the bottom, and now in pursuit
of keys.

Can you help? I'm in The grave or Level 3 I think

Valientlink
08-25-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm actually gonna play it.

Glass Cleaner
08-27-2005, 10:23 AM
shut up valientlink, my brother..NOT he really wont play it love for fire, we wont, nice quest!

Crackers
08-27-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm also stuck in lv3. Have the lantern and lens but not the cross. Finding keys is soooooo hard. I re-started this game 4 times to get this far and am stuck again. I also dont' have the boss key and no way to get it either. If you use the keys in the wrong order (that's the only reason I can think of) you get stuck. :(

cpoet
08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm also stuck in lv3. Have the lantern and lens but not the cross. Finding keys is soooooo hard. I re-started this game 4 times to get this far and am stuck again. I also dont' have the boss key and no way to get it either. If you use the keys in the wrong order (that's the only reason I can think of) you get stuck. :(

Hi Cpoet here who made this quest. Its great but lets have a
few hints as to where the keys are......please!!!

Cpoet

Love For Fire
09-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Sorry I havent been here in a while with college starting and all, and I notice there seems to be a problem finding keys in Level 3. I will try to make a list of all the keys in Level 3 when I come home today (The quest file is on my home computer), as well as how you should go about it getting them. The intended order of getting the items was the Lens, Cross, Lantern, Big Key.

ZPCN
01-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I know this thread is insanely old, but was there ever an answer about the keys in level 3? I'm totally stuck and have bombed or tried to walk through every wall, and blown the ocaraina in every room. I have every item, but can't move forward through two locked doors because of a lack of keys. Thanks.

Love For Fire
04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
I don't know why I never got around to this, am extremely rarely on this site anymore, but I happened to catch this so finally some help for some people confused by Level 3.

Key 1: Walk through N wall in entrance room
Key 2: B2 shortly after block puzzle
Key 3: 2 screens N of puzzle where you push block over pits on B1
Walk through left wall of screen with stairwell to B2 to reach Lens. You need one key to reach the lens, the other 2 get used opening B2 and getting the Map.

Key 4: Use Lens one room S of the lens room to get the key
Key 5: One screen N of Key 3 in invisible spike room
Key 6: Upper right corner of B2
Key 7: Room with Fairy (walk through wall from room above)
Continue along the path using your keys (traversing through invisible or dark rooms isn't necessary) until you reach the correct side of the money or life trap and get the Cross.

Key 8: Bottom right side of B1 (cross helps a lot)
By heading to upper left part of B1, you can get through to the Red Candle now.

Key 9: Northern part of B1
Boss Key is in the same area

Key 10: Dark Room 2 screens N of boss door
After beating boss, head North to find second entrance of Level 3 where you use the spare key to get the Raft.

Hope this was able to help anyone who decides to play this quest!