PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter is a bunch of bullshit

Beldaran
08-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I am speaking of Helecopter in the AGN arcade.

This game is total shit. The hit detection is shit. So many times, I pull an awesome move and totally sneak through the opening but NO, the game just stops and says that I crashed, inanely showing me the two foot gap and acting like it was the site of a horrible collision.

Secondly, the game sometimes gets sick of you doing well, so it just throws a wall at you with no way to get through (because of this insipid hit detection). So basically, once your basic skill is there, it's pure luck if you get a high score depening on if the game throws you a wall or not.

It's bullshit, and I don't like it.

MottZilla
08-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Well I just tried it and I agree the hit detection doesn't fit the sprite.

fatcatfan
08-02-2005, 01:23 PM
I notice you're still playing it though, Bel. :waggle:

Master Ghaleon
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
I agree with ya on that one. I think I get past it and I DO, but i crash on the other side of the wall.

Ganonator
08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Yea, i played it maybe 800 times over 3 months and got more lucky that i didn't get an impossible wall than pure skill.

I love the competition though, bud ;)

Beldaran
08-02-2005, 04:22 PM
I notice you're still playing it though, Bel. :waggle:

What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment. :laughing:

Ganonator: I want that trophy. [wayne's world voice] She will be mine, oh yes, she will be min. [/wayne world's voice]

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 07:33 AM
My best score was just over 1,000. I'm gradually getting better. I do agree about the collison thing though, it sucks.