PDA

View Full Version : Hey, you never know.

Pablo
08-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I discovered http://www.zombiehunters.org/ today, and it got me thinking. These guys have extensive plans on what to do in the event of a zombie apocalypse, and they probably put way too much thought into something that is about as close to impossible as it gets, but still, it's pretty cool. I can't really see myself taking the fight to the zombies; I'd probably go grab the girlfriend and a couple of friends and run to the hills. But what would you do?

Carcer
08-01-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm a pacifist, but I think in the case of shambling hordes of zombies, I'd have to waste them. This is going on the assumption that the zombies in question are your typical common or garden variety, with very easy to exterminate body parts.
In this case, I'd find myself a hatchett and carve them up.
Now, I wouldn't do it in such as way that I get surrounded by them, becuase I'd be on the edge of my town with an easy exit. They'd be behind me, shuffling along, allowing me easy pops at their soft and squishy brains. Or lack of them.
When Europe and the UK gets overrun by them, I flee to some small island , eradicate any zombies on it, this being a small island, and live there. Not much else you can do, except nuke them. But that's what will cause zombies in the first place, apparently.

Daarkseid
08-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Probably kill myself. I'm not risking being eaten alive by putrid monsters, as that would be the definition of gruesome horrifying death.

Masamune
08-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I'd like to see how many I could kill before killing myself. If Resident Evil has taught me anything, it's that zombies are very easy to kill with a shotgun. And we just happen to have one of those laying around here somewhere.

Beldaran
08-01-2005, 02:09 PM
I would dress up as a zombie and use it as an excuse to go around killing people that annoy me.

Fiyerstorm
08-01-2005, 02:11 PM
I'd LOL, then kill some for fun. Then probably find a safe place for family and close friends. <3

Carcer
08-01-2005, 02:13 PM
And we just happen to have one of those laying around here somewhere.
Zombies or shotguns?
Come to think of it, zombies may be more intelligent than we thought. They're on the internet right now, watching us and annoying us.

Then again, n00bs aren't really what you'd call intelligent.

Darth Marsden
08-01-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd find me a shotgun and start looting. My room could do with a nice big TV, and if I can take out some zombies along the way, then so much the better.

Sute
08-01-2005, 08:26 PM
I'd find some kids I hated in school and just pick away at what's left of them. Maybe some teachers, too...

Masamune
08-02-2005, 10:32 AM
I'd find some kids I hated in school and just pick away at what's left of them. Maybe some teachers, too...

Better yet, you could wait till they turn into Zombies, and then blow a huge fuckin' hole in their chest!

*holds fiyah for safety*

AlexMax
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Probably kill myself. I'm not risking being eaten alive by putrid monsters, as that would be the definition of gruesome horrifying death.

But you'll finally be able to take out all your built-up angst on the living.

ShadowTiger
08-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Heh. Cute replies. :p

I doubt a costume would fool a zombie. We don't know if that would work for sure, and if we actually try to find out, well, ... under what conditions could you possibly test such a thing? :odd:

I wonder how zombies would respond to flamethrowers. They probably wouldn't care, and would just walk the flame to you. :sweat:

Masamune
08-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Wait, better idea. Train ourselves to become necromancers and then control the dead. Or undead. I'm not sure how that would work but who cares. Then maybe we can get rid of all the mexicans with our army of the undead.

Kry
08-02-2005, 10:58 AM
I'd KICK ASS! I would have so much fun!... Don't know what I could do with a rifle with no ammo though... That's all I got.

Yoshiman
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Maybe take a hunting rifle and several bullets from my dad's gun cabinet, and the aluminum bat or an axe from the garage. It would probably be a good idea to take the chainsaw as well, but that thing's heavy, and it's out in the shed. I'd rather travel light so I could run faster than be weighed down.

As to where I'd go, I'm not sure. My house would be easy to get into with enough force. There's an elementary school a few blocks up the road which probably has a bomb shelter, but a lot of people on this street own dogs. And even if I got there, I'd be trapped. >_>

I'd probably try to defend myself for as long as I could, saving one bullet for myself if it came to that. :shakeno:

I play too many video games and watch too many zombie movies.

EDIT: I just realized something. I live right next to Lake Erie and the marina. Chances are, zombies can't swim, so all I'd have to do is get myself some food, make it to the docks, jack a boat, and push off. I'd be good until I run out of food. But then again, there's always fish in the water.

ShadowTiger
08-02-2005, 11:29 AM
I had another idea. Get Link! Make him do a few spin attacks, and you're good to go. This would work wonders too. Nobody can catch Link when he's doing a spin attack.

Actually, we should just grab a sword or an axe and swing away. We could do the spin attack just as well. Zombies don't know to hold B to crouch anyway, so we're fine.

Oh crap, Deja Vu. >_<

Daarkseid
08-02-2005, 11:38 AM
But you'll finally be able to take out all your built-up angst on the living.

If you want to become a zombie, you need to be infected and avoid contact long enough to turn into one. A horde of zombies will pick clean anybody they catch, while normal people would, by the time a crisis is evident, be sure to finish off anyone who is exhibiting signs of infection.

I guess if I were one of the people who got infected, and became a zombie, it'd be neat leaving behind a corpse that is potentially going to be fighting another zombie for a piece of somebody's lower intestine.

bigjoe
08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
I'd run around aimlessly on the streets until I procured some sort of weapon. Using this weapon I would fight back the undead until I found some large mansion that looked safe to me for some reason. I'd go into the mansion and find out that its not so safe, then spend most of my time there shooting its zombie inhabitants and solving unnecessary puzzles. Pushing statues, placing gems, finding keys, etcetera...Oh yeah, and I'd also collect all kinds of documents that lead closer to the truth. Somehow or another I'd figure out that a helicopter was landing somewhere and leave the mansion, then high tail it to that place, only to find a super-zombie there, ready to tear me to peices in a split second. Id run around frantically trying to avoid the super beast, and then the helicopter would show up, and the pilot would drop a rocket launcher. I would then use the rocket launcher to blast it to peices.

Either that or I'd do like in that movie. Get a bus and plate it with metal and try to drive to safety..

Archibaldo
08-02-2005, 10:51 PM
I'd run to the old folkes home and go to the kitchen. They have a big ass stell door there to keep the old people out. I just lock that and wait for the zombies to die out. It's not like I'm going to starve to death, i'm in the kitchen and with a big metal door they won't be getting in. Plus the zombies won't be able to work the elevator unless thaey have a key.

Masamune
08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
I figure after my zombie army has gotten all of the mexicans out of the country either by zombification or just plain killing them, I'll have them move onto Mexico and have all of them become zombified. I'll have the mexican zombies be my basic frontline foot soldier. Since there's bound to be too many of them already. Then we march down Central America and Africa and use the corpses of the fallen to build ships made from flesh. To sail across the ocean to Europe do what hitler was never able to do. And that is open up a chain of family fun amusement parks run by zombies so you don't have to spend a lot on employment. This is how I plan to get rich by becoming a necromancer.

Machiavelli
08-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by masamune:
I figure after my zombie army has gotten all of the mexicans out of the country either by zombification or just plain killing them, I'll have them move onto Mexico and have all of them become zombified. I'll have the mexican zombies be my basic frontline foot soldier. Since there's bound to be too many of them already. Then we march down Central America and Africa and use the corpses of the fallen to build ships made from flesh. To sail across the ocean to Europe do what hitler was never able to do. And that is open up a chain of family fun amusement parks run by zombies so you don't have to spend a lot on employment. This is how I plan to get rich by becoming a necromancer.
Very fucking brilliant.

I would run and hide. I'm pretty sure I'd hate dying.