PDA

View Full Version : Recent games

Brasel
08-01-2005, 08:09 AM
With the massive amounts of free time I have on my hands right now due to a radio watch duty for this month, I've been able to play a lot of games. I have an overnight shift, and from about 10 at night until 6 in the morning, I monitor the radio transmissions here in Baghdad to make sure everything is working right and all the soldiers have communications with our HQ. Its a very important, but pretty uneventful job...and well, I have my PS2 here with me so I played quite a big number over the course of two weeks:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics (beat it)
2. Chrono Trigger (beat it)
3. The Mark of Kri (beat it)
4. God of War (beat it)
5. Beyond Good and Evil (beat it)

The last three were actually really good. It suprised me how much I liked them seeing as I don't normally like 3D action games. Beyond Good and Evil was sent to me by my father. I asked him to send that because I heard someone here say how much of an underrated game it was. I think it might have been Vegeta, but I'm not sure. It was outstanding.

I'm playing Final Fantasy 6 right now...

So what's everyone else playing?

Kairyu
08-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Meteos, Super Smash Brothers Melee, SNK Vs. Capcom Card Fighters, and Guilty Gear XX #Reload.

I only recently tried the SNK Vs. Capcom card game, and it was much more interesting than I expected. The bosses near the end have some cheap decks, though (like, 3 copies of cards you can barely get one of).

Darth Marsden
08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm flipping between Banjo-Tooie (N64) and various Gamecube games (The Tony Hawk series, Eternal Darkness, Four Swords Adventures [1 player, bah] and Spider-Man 2) at the moment, due to my PC still being broken. I have to buy a new graphics card, and the shop gets them in on Wednesday, so once I repair it, I'll be back onto the Grand Theft Auto series.

vegeta1215
08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
The last three were actually really good...Beyond Good and Evil was sent to me by my father. I asked him to send that because I heard someone here say how much of an underrated game it was. I think it might have been Vegeta, but I'm not sure. It was outstanding.

It was probably me ;)

The game was rated very well, getting high scores on all the reviews I've seen, it was just a sleeper (know one knew about it, and no one bought it). If you liked it as much as I did, spread the word and convince other people to play it! Hopefully Ubisoft will make a sequel. BG&E really needs a sequel, especially with at cliffhanger at the end.

As for current games, I finished Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy two weeks ago, beat Viewtiful Joe last week (on easy mode - which was still very hard), and am currently playing F-Zero GX.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem 6 on ROM, Pokemon Emerald kinda, Dynasty Warriors 3.

Beldaran
08-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Hope your keeping your hide safe in Iraq, man. :) We want you back in one piece.

I'm currently trying to beat Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on the gameboy advance. I've never beaten that game before so it's a really fun challenge. Other than that, I'm just working on my Pacman skills, my Galaga skills, and playing the ocassional Dead Or Alive 3.