PDA

View Full Version : dungeon entrance problem

Xerius
07-31-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty new with the ZC Quest Editor, but I've been through AlphaDawg's tutorial. I've begun creating a new quest of my own with the NewBS-ver2.6 tileset and seem to have gotten in a snag. I established a dungeon on map 2 that was initially working fine. I played through several of the rooms as a test previously, and there weren't any major issues so far. That is, until I realized that I forgot to drop in the side warp at the entrance (i.e. it wasn't possible to leave!). After I tried to remedy that, the problems started.

For some reason now, the whole dungeon seems bugged. Instead of having Link appear in the bottom center at the doorway like he was before, the dungeon sticks him in the upper left corner where he, of course, can't go anywhere. Not only that, but the locked door I placed to the north has disappeared. I messed around with it a few times and it appears to be some issue with a tile warp location - but, I never set up a tile warp in the first place! I noticed though that if I did center the tile warp spawn for Link in the middle of the room, I could go through the rest of the dungeon. Problem with that is, none of the shutters or locked doors are intact and the "hidden" items (like the map and such) just spawn immediately when Link enters the respective rooms.

I've tried deleting the room itself and recreating it, but it just happened again. I set the dungeon exit warp up exactly the way I had in the tutorial, but Link always winds up in the corner of the room. Obviously I must have done something wrong, but I haven't a clue what it is. Any advice?

Xerius
08-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, I seem to have resolved it. I went through and corrected the doors (so that locked ones were locked on each side) and made sure the dungeon was showing Level 1 instead of Level 0. Somewhere in the midst of it, I must have done the right thing, because it's working like a charm now. Now it's back to designing. :D