PDA

View Full Version : problem with tiles and sprites

satoshi
07-30-2005, 11:07 PM
(sorry if my english is...weird,but im from mexico and i cant speak it very well)
well,i download a lot of house models,characters,etc.....but i dont know how to change my old tiles for these.....help me!!!
oh,and,why,when i try to place an item,it appear in the left corner of the screen? (i want to place them in the middle of the screen) thanks!

ShadowTiger
07-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Welcome to AGN. :) Mastering ZQuest can be a bit tricky if you're new, but you'll get used to it. ;) Everyone always does. :)

1) To place an item on the screen, when you're looking at the main ZQuest Page, press Pageup or page down until you see five boxes in the lower panel. The leftmost one, the one with the picture of the gem/rupee, click on that, then place it where you want the item to go.

2) To import graphics, you'll need to rip both the Tiles and the Colors of the tiles into your quest.

To start, let's rip the tiles. Go to Quest-->Graphics-->Tiles, then find a good blank page in your quest, then go to Grab, then find the tiles, then highlight them (Shift+Click.) and press enter. Once you've ripped all the tiles in there that you want, press enter to leave the tiles page.

Now let's rip the colors in there. If they're house tiles, chances are, they can have their own color set. By the way, some tiles may use the same colors as the tileset that you're already using. I don't know if the tiles match up with the tileset that you're using now, as you've never mentioned it. So I don't know if these next steps will be necessary or a waste for you. =/

Can you tell us which tileset you're using? (I.e. Classic, Newfirst, Pure Set, etc.) and which tileset do you know the tiles you're going to rip were made in? If they were made in the same set, then they'll already be using the same colors, and you only have to rip the tiles.

So .. Yeah. Let's take this one step at a time then.

satoshi
07-31-2005, 03:06 PM
well,i enter to this page:
http://www.purezc.com
and i download almost everything there...jeje
im working in my quest,but....how i can place people and enemys in the map? :scared:

cachitin
07-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Are you trying to do a little village or something?

satoshi
07-31-2005, 03:55 PM
something like that....but i cant find the 5 boxes in the lower panel....and i cant place people or enemys....well,just the graves(they are like enemys)

ShadowTiger
07-31-2005, 03:56 PM
(EDIT: ... Three Posts Up ...)... That ... was totally not what I Was asking. o_o' ...

Let's take this one step at a time, shall we? I'll ask you the question, Which Tileset are you using? Where did you download the one that you're working with now? Better yet, can you post a screenshot of it? That'll help to know which you're doing.

And to place people on your map, you'll want to put them on a different screen in the same place on that screen where they'd go on the screen you want them displayed. Then go back to the original screen, go to Data-->Layers and put in on layer 1 the map # and Screen #. If you did it right, you should see whatever you put on that other screen, on your screen there.

Layers 1 and 2 go under Link. 3 and 4 go above Link, but under flying enemies, and 5 and 6 go above Him AND enemies, like the overhead combo.

To get to the area with the 5 icons on it, just press pageup or pagedown until you see it. It's the panel on the central bottom of the ZQuest screen.

satoshi
07-31-2005, 04:16 PM
And to place people on your map, you'll want to put them on a different screen in the same place on that screen where they'd go on the screen you want them displayed. Then go back to the original screen, go to Data-->Layers and put in on layer 1 the map # and Screen #. If you did it right, you should see whatever you put on that other screen, on your screen there.

like,if i want a guy in the first screen in the first map...i put:
layer 1
map:1 screen:00
but how and where i choose the guy?

ShadowTiger
07-31-2005, 04:24 PM
Scroll up and down your combo page. If you can't scroll up and down your combo page with your mouse, go to Etc-->Options and turn the mouse scrolling option on.

Now, go back to your combo page, (The pictures on the right.) and click on the tile that you want to be placed on the layer.

How layers work in ZC, is that, .. well, .. okay, I'll put it this way. You use other, unused screens (Real Screens on a map.) to layer on top of existing screens. Obviously, these screens only have transparent tiles on them, and tiles that you want layered onto your "action screen."

So in the Data-->Layer area, you're linking to the screen which contains the layer screen that you want to layer onto the screen you're working on now.

Like, if I have 2x2 trees, and their tops are off, the screen Link would walk through has the trunks on it, and the screen on layer 3 or 4 (The layers that go above Link, but under enemies.) would have all the tree tops. On the "action screen" with the tree trunks, you'd go to Data-->Layer, and under the layer 3 or 4 area, you'd put in the map and screen of the screen which has the tree tops, with the rest of that tree tops screen left empty, becuase you want to see through it to your action screen. :)

Obviously, it's best to keep these layers out of the way since you'll never walk on them.

satoshi
07-31-2005, 07:13 PM
ok....eeeeeem....ok.
another problem,when i was working in my quest i do....something (i dont know what) and when i play it,when im in the map 1 screen 00 all is fine,but when i move to another screen,i cant see my character and enemies(i can move and atack,but i cant see me)
someone knows why?

satoshi
08-01-2005, 12:12 PM
froget it,i solve that.
one last thing,how i can "furnish" a house(where i place the items???)