PDA

View Full Version : I am a new owner

Beldaran
07-30-2005, 08:02 PM
I am the proud new owner of a Gameboy Advance SP. I love it. I bought the Namco Musuem game pack (now I can play Galaga wherever I go!), and the classic Zelda II. Both rock.

But I need more games. So tell me what I should buy. I already plan on getting:

1) Zelda Minish Cap
2) Link To The Past
3) Metriod Fusion

Daarkseid
07-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Get Metroid Zero Mission too, while you're at it. And Any of the castlevania games. And some delicious 80-proof liquor.

You know, forget the games, and just get the liquor.

fatcatfan
07-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Mario vs DK.
Metroid Zero Mission.

I also like FF Tactics Advance, but that's just me.

Saffith
07-30-2005, 09:48 PM
In addition to what have been mentioned so far, the ones that come to mind are:
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Sonic Battle
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Mario and Luigi

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Get a Psp.

jk.

The Castlevania games I agree with, and i loved Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lotus. The only other games I would get for Ds would be FF Tactics Advance, because that game is really fun for about 15 hours until there are 1000 rules to every freakin' mission.

Cloral
07-30-2005, 11:22 PM
The earlier Megaman Battle Network games (i.e. 1-3) are also worth playing. The series is really an innovative sort of action RPG - although it doesn't seem so innovative anymore because Capcom in typical fashion drove it into the ground with 5 entries in the series. If you only want one of them, get #2, it's the best balance in my opinion.

Ganonator
07-31-2005, 12:03 AM
if you can pick up any of the castlevania games, you will be totally lucky. Aria of Sorrow is the best, but Circle of the Moon is also a big hit.

You should also get Yoshi's Island, and SMB 3.

Dart Zaidyer
07-31-2005, 12:07 AM
Avoid the NES Classic Metroid, because it's already in Zero Mission as an unlockable bonus.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit is lots of fun, and all the original Super Mario Kart tracks are unlockable as well.
And you can't go wrong with Mario & Luigi.

Aliem
07-31-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah, Mario and Luigi is a decent game.

I've heard Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is a good one.

Dechipher
07-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Yoshis island is totally worth it, as is Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls. They're both really fun to play, and are to date the only two games I own for GBASP.

vegeta1215
07-31-2005, 01:13 AM
Advance Wars. Period.

Darth Marsden
07-31-2005, 05:03 AM
Golden Sun, and eventually, it's sequel. Can't wait for it to come to Gamecube/Revolution.
The Zelda games (Minish Cap and Link to the Past, plus the GB games, if you can track them down: Links Awakening DS, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages)
ONE Pokemon game. Just one of them. Too many games spoils the brew.
Sonic Advance 2. The first one wasn't fast enough, the third was about teamwork and therefore sucked. 2 is all about speed, and kicks ass for it.
Mario & Luigi.
Both Metroid games.
The Advance Wars series.
The Fire Emblem series.

Prepare to say goodbye to whatever money you had left.

Carcer
07-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Advance Wars. Period.
Period? No.
Correction: Comma, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising.
While you're at it, pick up Every Fire Emblem game you can lay your hands on.
You're going to have to be so rich to get all these games.

vegeta1215
07-31-2005, 02:45 PM
Period? No.
Correction: Comma, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising.

I didn't like Advance Wars 2 as much. It was just more of the same, more like an expansion pack than a sequel. I thought it was kind of boring because although you command forces other than Orange Star in the main game and have some new COs and powers, you're always fighting Black Hole. Also, the first one was great cause you didn't really know who your enemy was - it was a mystery that slowly unraveled.

But that's just my opinion. Surely, you would agree that if he was just going to buy one of the Advance Wars games (to see if he likes it), the first one is the one to get, right?

Carcer
07-31-2005, 02:51 PM
True, true. I still enjoyed them both, however. I suppose it depends on how much of a fanatic you are with Advance Wars. Unusually for me, the plot didn't matter so much. I simply enjoyed the battles.
I didn't know that they were making a DS Advance Wars. I can't see how the touch screen will work with it, though.

EDIT (to your edit): And yes, I would absolutely agree with you there. And I think I agree with the first being better, however the second was still a hit for me. Not sure I liked the look of the GC version, though.

vegeta1215
07-31-2005, 02:56 PM
I think the DS Advance Wars is going to let you fight on two battle fronts at the same time with the dual screens, or maybe fight on land and in the air for the same battle? I dunno.

I'd like to get into the Fire Emblem series, but I'm not in the mood for a GBA game at the moment. I think I'm going to pick up the Fire Emblem GCN game this fall though.

UPDATE: As for the upcoming Battalion Wars, I think it's going to be a totally differnet type of game, separate from the Advance Wars series on the GBA, and more focused on action than strategy. At least that's what I gather from what I've read.

Ganonator
07-31-2005, 03:15 PM
I looked at Advance Wars DS, and it just used the stylus, and the top screen was the battle. Where you might say 'oh, what a gyp!', w/ use of the stylus, the game sped up like 4000%. I'm looking forward to playing it.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
07-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Definitely Fire Emblem. Metroid Fusion is fun but you can seriously beat it in 3 1/2 hours your first try no walkthroughs. You may want to see if you can borrow it or something.

Master Ghaleon
07-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Advance Wars. Period.

Yep snag that. That is a very good game

Darth Marsden
07-31-2005, 05:09 PM
Definitely Fire Emblem. Metroid Fusion is fun but you can seriously beat it in 3 1/2 hours your first try no walkthroughs. You may want to see if you can borrow it or something. Only if you really, REALLY try. I took about three/four times as long to beat it, and it was fun all the while. Your point is, however, a valid one. Try borrowing it.