PDA

View Full Version : Check it out YO check it check it out.

Dechipher
07-30-2005, 02:00 AM
So unlike in This Thread (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=87081) where I showed off my band, I will now be showing off my own compositions, with my own purevolume.

http://www.purevolume.com/jamiewhitmarsh

The first is a dance tune, the second a progressive rock, and the third a marching band movement.

3 very different areas.

NOTE I am not advertising my purevolume. I could care less how many plays I get, especially since I know that most today will be from AGN. I jsut want to kinda...showoff, I suppose, how much I've improved, since 2002 when I posted MIDIs for New Years and Breaker banned me. I think thats what happened. In any case, I just like feedback, and I don't think I will be posting a thread about my other bands purevolume ;)

Thanks.

Even though they are in my sig, I would just like to discuss this one here. I'd like feedback, what is the best, yadda yadda yadda

EDIT....I didn't realize where I was putting this earlier. If someone could move it to GED that'd be great. Sorry.

Gerudo
07-30-2005, 02:16 AM
the first one... kinda didnt catch me

the second, i liked right from the start.

i dont really like marching band stuff, so i didnt listen to the third one... sorry...

Beldaran
07-30-2005, 02:47 AM
the first one... kinda didnt catch me

the second, i liked right from the start.

i dont really like marching band stuff, so i didnt listen to the third one... sorry...

You should check out the third one. It's cool. I imagine an evil army marching out of the emperor's dark fortress as our heroes look on from their mountain top perch, fear and determination etched across their faces. Then they run back to their airship and fly off to warn the homeland!

hehe.

They are really cool. I like all of them. What program are you using? Are they midis or what?

Dechipher
07-30-2005, 03:01 AM
I use Noteworthy Composer to compose my midis, then run them through Win Groove to convert to WAVs and upgrade the MIDI quality, and then I run them through CoolEdit2000 to convert to High Quality MP3s. The last two were sent to me by the poster above Belderan, so thank him. :D

SSJ3500
07-30-2005, 08:49 PM
I didn't really care for the first that much, it was good though. The second I liked, the third reminds me of Chrono Trigger.

Dechipher
07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm working on a second and third movement for the third piece, as marching band shows are traditionally written in three movements, but I am having trouble. I have to kind of be in the zone in order to write somethign good, and once I finished that one, I couldn't do anymore...

If anyone else has music to share, go for it.