PDA

View Full Version : I love Kirby. :O

Masamune
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
The other day it occured to me that I only have 1 DS game and I bought it before Christmas! What the hell?! So I picked up Kirby: Canvas Curse the other day and I made a face exactly like this. (Gabe's face anyway)

http://penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050608l.jpg

I was seriously afraid it would suck, but it doesn't! =o IT'S POSITIVELY DELIGHTFUL OMG!! There's just something about this game that makes me smile. The whole game is played with the stylus. The WHOLE game. (except pause, that's still start). That's my mini review. Go buy it now please. =o

Darth Marsden
07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
SOLD! Kirby rocks. (Well, not always, but you know what I mean) JUst have to get a DS, and all will be well...

Gerudo
07-29-2005, 05:23 PM
there is not 1 kirby game that sucked...

this is no exception. i traded in an old GBA + 5 unplayed games, and i bought a DS and K:CC today. I havent put it down in the last 2 hours. its addicting.

while talking to masa earlier, he made it sound like this was going on:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050620.jpg

vegeta1215
07-29-2005, 05:37 PM
I'd like to play Canvas Curse when I get a DS. I've read a lot of good things about it, and your opinions have convinced me even more.

Speaking of Kirby games, have any of you played Kirby's Dream Course for the SNES? It's like a mini golf game with Kirby. It's very fun. I'm definitely going to get it if it's available for download/purchase on the Revolution.

SSJ3500
07-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Damn you Gerudo, I was going to post that. The game looks like it would be good for a few hours of entertainment, if I ever get a DS, I'll consider buying that game.

*b*
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
oh man, it's one of the best DS games out there. I'm still trying to collect all the coins, most of them in the Line and Time Trials. it's so fun! I just wish there was multiplayer, or a classic Kirby minigame, or something. but it's still great!

Brasel
07-30-2005, 08:49 AM
Well good. Now I might go ahead and get it. Its one of two DS games I can buy here, Splinter Cell being the other.

Darth Marsden
07-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Well good. Now I might go ahead and get it. Its one of two DS games I can buy here, Splinter Cell being the other. Umm... Spinter Cell DS isn't supposed to be that great. They've removed some of the important moves (The knife-stab for one, so if you're discovered you basically have to gun the guy down) and the frame rate's a bit dodgy in places. Still, give it a go and let us know what you think.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Splinter Cell Ds is supposed to totally suck. The bottom screen is basically useless.

I would never buy a DS, but if i did, this would be the first game I would buy. Come on... Kirby's in it.

Grasshopper
07-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Speaking of Kirby games, have any of you played Kirby's Dream Course for the SNES?

I have, and it was pretty fun from what I remember.

Tygore
08-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Dream COurse rocked. NEver bought it, for whatever reason, but rented it a kabijillion times.

Strider1982
08-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Kirby's Adventure for the NES is still the best Kirby game, in my opinion. One of the last (and biggest in terms of graphics and scale) great games for that old system...

It was re-released as Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland for the GBA, but I still prefer the NES version.

Warlock
08-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Definately the best DS game I've played so far. I got this for my birthday. Bunch of stuff to unlock and all the time trial and line trial stuff is cool and adds replay value.