PDA

View Full Version : New "Guy"s

Sir ßob
07-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Is there a way to add more people to the "Guy" list? And is there a way to make new enemies without just overwriting one? :uhoh: :confuse2:

KAKnyght
07-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Nope on both of those right now. Once an enemy editor is able to be implemented, then new enemies and probably guys can be made. That is a ways off however.

You can kinda make your own guys by making a tile of the guy in the room and putting no actual guy in the room. I can't explain it very well, but you should check out the FAQs in the ZC Discussion forum; there may be one that does.

Zelda_Warrior
07-29-2005, 02:59 PM
TO MAKE YOUR OWN GUYS:

Edit zeldaclassic. No, j/k.

Seriously though, you draw 'guy' tiles, then go and delete 'zelda' guy sprites in the tiles, then set the guyin the room that you want your own guy to 'zelda' then place the guy you drew yourself somewhere in the room.

ShadowTiger
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Or you can just delete the "Fire" Tile (I mean, c'mon, what fire SPEAKS to you. :odd: ) and layer on your own guys. That's what everybody who makes advanced quests does.

Zelda_Warrior
07-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Yes but in some tilesets I know of, the 'fire' SPRITE is set to be the GUY fire so if you delete the GUY fire you're screwed and have to draw your own shitty fire XD. I did it twice. Oh wait, since so many people use the Pure tileset I shouldv'e assumed that the guy that asked was using Pure...

You also don't need layering, you could use the 'o' command. All I used layering for was overlapping but now i'll never use it again sinced I found out what the 'o' button command was for.