PDA

View Full Version : Hardest game you ever played?

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
07-28-2005, 01:09 PM
No contest here: the original Prince of Persia for SNES. I still have no clue how you could ever beat that game. Hard levels, lots of them, and a TWO HOUR TIME LIMIT.

Rammstein
07-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Ah, Ninja Maiden for Nes, I was never able to pass the 3rd level
And those Contra games where damn impossible!
I sucked at Donkey kong :S
And Armored Core 2 is pretty hard too.

I played Prince of Persia before, I dint like it.

ShadowTiger
07-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh, God, a 2 hour time limit. @_@' ... I feel sorry for you, good sir. o_o

I'm playing DDR Konamix with a faulty Dance Pad. The left side doesn't work. Needless to say, I'm frequently disappointed with my score. :disgust: (No, I'm not shelling out the cash for another one. It's just a game, after all.)

Serious Sam is also kinda hard sometimes, particularly on normal to hardest modes. They literally THROW enemies at you. :odd: (They REALLY do! O_O ) You're frequently surrounded by the post powerful enemies, and those are during the easier moments. Yeesh. Still fun as heck though. > >,

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
The arcade version of Gradius 3. Bullets are everywhere, and you have to find a path through them, and HOPE you take out some enemies.

Pablo
07-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. Someone had to say it. Halo on Legendary is a runner-up, but that's only because I suck at FPS games.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Contra I. The name should say enough.

Glitch
07-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Frogger for playstation one. Fuck those mother fucking bees.....

Samson007
07-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh man I remember frogger for playstation, that game pissed me off beyond belief.

The hardest I ever played.........hmmmmmm. Well, the game as a whole was not difficult, but the final level for both sides was too hard for me to beat without cheating. Warcraft II. I could never even live long enough to establish a functional base in those final levels. Of course the last time I tried was a long time ago, perhaps I could give it another go one day.

King Link
07-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Super Mario Bros. and umm... Jet Force Gemini. Lol. I mean... what was with collecting all those frigging tribals at the end? Bah, maybe it wasn't the most difficult... just so frustrating I gave up.

Darth Marsden
07-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Prince of Persia... on the PC. ONE hour. GAH! At least my mod of it (http://www.kx-website.com) isn't anywhere near as difficult...

(Apologies for the blatant plug, but I've had no beta tests in a month. Please? I need people to test it!)

Saffith
07-28-2005, 05:12 PM
The hardest game I can recall is Gradius V. I'm proud to say I managed to win it on Normal before I got infinite continues (but just barely—it took nineteen).
That game's Very Easy mode, by the way: most inaccurate name for a difficulty level ever. By far.

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
07-28-2005, 05:52 PM
JFG wasn't hard, it was just boring as hell withotu a guide at the end.

Cloral
07-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Contra I. The name should say enough.
Contra 1 was easy. I can beat it without dying.

The #1 hardest game ever is Bayou Billy (which it happens is also from Konami). That game is fucking impossible. If you can beat the first level you are doing extremely well.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 08:29 PM
The #1 hardest game ever is Bayou Billy (which it happens is also from Konami). That game is fucking impossible. If you can beat the first level you are doing extremely well.

Oh, dear god don't mention that game.

Hey, you know, I actually BEAT the first stage once. Yeah, and that's a big accomplishment. I'm serious.

Master Ghaleon
07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Bayou Billy or Dragon's Quest at the arcade. I wasted so many quarters and I couldnt figure out what i was supposed to do cause I would get hit with the frying pan and die like 3 seconds into the game :o

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I really hated the original Castlevania. It was those humping monkeys! they moved way too fast.

Grasshopper
07-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Ikaruga for the Gamecube is pretty tough. Of course, thats the fun of it, just never got past Ch 3.

And I kind of thought this game was hard

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/games/coverg/78/607978.jpg

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Super Mario Bros. and umm... Jet Force Gemini. Lol. I mean... what was with collecting all those frigging tribals at the end? Bah, maybe it wasn't the most difficult... just so frustrating I gave up.

You were supposed to collect all the tribals? I quit when I had to start collecting the ship parts...

btw Cloral, I probably said the wrong one. It's the one on the Super Nintendo. It's really hard with ADD.

Cloral
07-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Ah yes. The SNES version was a good deal harder. I don't think I ever actually beat that one, but then again I didn't play it nearly as much. Actually the one for the PS2 struck me as being rather tough, although again I haven't played it all that much. I didn't like the fact that there were no weapons to collect in it - you start with all the weapons (which in itself is kinda nice, but it means that a) there's less of a selection, and b) none of them are particularly great, they're all about the same).

Ganonator
07-28-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't expect any new generation games to be on this list. They are just frustrating.

How about Milon's Secret Castle, or Fester's Quest? (both games i've beaten)

the original Top Gun for NES?

Archibaldo
07-29-2005, 12:48 AM
I remeber this old Simpsons game for the NES. It was the hardest game. I couldn't even beat the first level. Mind you I was only like 7, but still.

Warlock
07-29-2005, 02:12 AM
I remeber this old Simpsons game for the NES. It was the hardest game. I couldn't even beat the first level. Mind you I was only like 7, but still.

Which one? There were three.. Bart vs. the Space Mutants (the best IMO :D), Bart vs. the World and Batman Meets Radioactive Man (which was crappy and yes, too hard). Space Mutants was pretty great, I wish I hadn't sold my copy years ago. It was kind of different from most games because it wasn't just a normal platformer. You had these missions like "get rid of X number of purple items" (yes it was kind of wierd but the ways you got rid of them were fun :D) I remember you could even prank call Moe's Bar in the first level :D haha.. Bart vs. the World was decent but just not as cool IMO :)

Grasshopper
07-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Bart Vs the Space Mutants is the only one I remember. I was young too, whne I played that game. I don't think I could ever find all the purple items. Hehe

Shadowblazer
07-29-2005, 12:56 PM
The original Ninja Gaiden on the NES. It took me pretty much a whole summer to beat that one. I seem to recall having a hell of a time with the original Metal Gear as well.

King Aquamentus
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
the original Top Gun for NES?

I beat that game... with a game genie...

I couldn't beat Milon, though... even WITH a game genie...
Bayou Billy on the other hand... :)

Petoe
07-29-2005, 02:11 PM
For me the hardest game I've played is Solar Jetman for NES. The last levels were incredibly insane but still I loved the game. Of course there are some even harder games that have been impossible for me but those don't count since they sucked and I quitted very early.

bigjoe
07-29-2005, 02:28 PM
The original Ninja Gaiden on the NES.
I second that one. I would always get to the Jaquio and die. Boy , was I ever pissed when I found out there was a boss after him.

Wierd, though, because nowadays I can beat it pretty easily...

Darth Marsden
07-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Bart Vs the Space Mutants is the only one I remember. I was young too, whne I played that game. I don't think I could ever find all the purple items. Hehe Amazingly, I finished it. You got a crappy scene with the family sitting on the sofa watching the TV, before you cut to the TV and watched the credits. I think. It was many, MANY years ago. Very tricky, I'll give you that. Those bloody jumps made no sense! I lost count of how many times I ended up in quicksand or whatnot.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Timesplitters 2 was pretty hard.

I didn't even beat it on Medium. My friend beat it on Hard mode, but he said it was all luck. Getting 100% in that game was hard as hell.

Aliem
07-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Final Fantasy IIj hands down... that game has always been hard for me.

vegeta1215
07-31-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm currently playing F-Zero GX on the Gamecube. I don't know if it's the hardest game I've ever played, but it's pretty dang hard. It's my first F-Zero game though, so I think I still have to get used to things.

King Aquamentus
07-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Oh, god, F zero GX. I've cursed and screamed at that game. Of course, I tend to do that on the arcade here as well, but interestingly enough, NOT at bayou billy or Gradius 3. or Contra.

Master Ghaleon
07-31-2005, 03:36 AM
I see people post that they had a hard time with contra. It wasnt that hard for me :P

King Aquamentus
07-31-2005, 03:47 AM
I see people post that they had a hard time with contra. It wasnt that hard for me :P

Alright, fine.

Now, for people who DIDN'T use the Konami code in Contra...
...was it hard?

Master Ghaleon
07-31-2005, 04:01 AM
Alright, fine.

Now, for people who DIDN'T use the Konami code in Contra...
...was it hard?

Not too hard, I beat it a few times dying 1-2 times :D

Of course, entering that code I think everyone should of beaten it. It was a good fun game.

There is one more game that I can think of, because the last level i didnt really have anymore time then like 5 - 9 seconds left to beat it. Marble Maddness. I beat it a couple times, but the last level you had to be perfect, or I had to be since there wasnt too much time left

Darth Marsden
07-31-2005, 04:58 AM
I'm currently playing F-Zero GX on the Gamecube. I don't know if it's the hardest game I've ever played, but it's pretty dang hard. It's my first F-Zero game though, so I think I still have to get used to things. Gah. I hate that game. I only got it so I could send off for that special edition Zelda disc. Never would have bought it otherwise. I really don't like games like that, for some reason. I much prefer Extreme G.

Some of the later challenges on Super Smash Bros. Melee were bloody impossible, and there's also Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, with it's 'run out of energy and you're dead. Game over. No continues, no retries, dead.' policy. Ouch.

Rambly
07-31-2005, 05:14 AM
The hardest I've played is definitely Zelda II for the NES. It wasn't hard, but damn it was frustrating. You died SO MUCH. Arggh. It was hard to endure.

I haven't really played any games yet that were actually hard for me. Frustrating? Yes. Cheap? Yes.

Some of the later challenges on Super Smash Bros. Melee were bloody impossible

Heck yeah. SSBM was pretty hard, but now it's pretty much a piece of cake for me. At first, though, it was a pain in the ass. x_x;

bonegolem
08-01-2005, 03:29 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

I got it for my 6th birthday. I beat it when I was 12.

Grasshopper
08-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh, I thought of another game I thought was hard. The Plutonia Experiment from Final Doom. (PC) I did play through the entire 32 level wad but if you jack the difficulty up even to Hurt Me Plenty, its near impossible. I tried several levels on Ultra Violent, and its insane. The amount of enemies paired with the limited ammo makes it VERY hard.

Darth Marsden
08-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Oh, I thought of another game I thought was hard. The Plutonia Experiment from Final Doom. (PC) I did play through the entire 32 level wad but if you jack the difficulty up even to Hurt Me Plenty, its near impossible. I tried several levels on Ultra Violent, and its insane. The amount of enemies paired with the limited ammo makes it VERY hard. Rubbish. I can do that, no problem.

Of course, I'm a First Person veteran. Give me a football game, and I'm screwed. And so are all the players I keep fouling (Their poor legs!)

Grasshopper
08-01-2005, 08:03 PM
You can beat Plutonia Experiment on Ultra Violent or Nightmare level with ease? I'm pretty good at the orginal Doom I guess, but I still think veteran or not, that megawad was tough. :tongue:

Kry
08-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm decent at FPS, but I'm decent at most games. I'd have to say Prince of Persia. The old old one. Ugh I hated that game.

AlexMax
08-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Fuck you, DoDonPachi.

Fuck you, Mars Matrix.

Fuck you, Ikaruga.

Darth Marsden
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm decent at FPS, but I'm decent at most games. I'd have to say Prince of Persia. The old old one. Ugh I hated that game. WARNING! BLATANT LINK!
Try my mod (http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Games/OoTBeta5.exe) of said game. And have fun.
END OF BLATANT LINK!

Yes, I totally kick-ass at First Person games. Just not online, because that's where all the intelligent players lie. :cool: Seriously, give me an FPS and I'll beat it on the hardest difficulty level. And I'll even screenshot it for you so there's no doubt. Bring. It. On.

Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread or not, but I will NOT stop going on about Sonic Heroes. It's a bad, bad game. Nearly impossible to complete, even when you're cheating. Grr. GRR. GRR!!!

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
OMG, I just remembered something: Did anyone have a Roger Rabbit game for DOS?

AAAAAAAAARGH, me, my sister, and my mom all tried for hours, you CAN'T BEAT THE THIRD LEVEL. YOU CAN'T GET TO JESSICA. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

Any other experiences like that?

Strider1982
08-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Hardest games I've ever played...

- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
- Some of the later events in Smash Bros. Melee
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (the Japanese version, also called "The Lost Levels")
- Final Fantasy II (not the badly-titled "US FFII" which is actually FF IV)
- Sonic Spinball
- Sonic & Knuckles (without any lock-ons, no save feature)
- The old ASCII RPG game "Rogue" released back in the early 80's

bonegolem
08-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I saw something on www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com about Ikaruga. Maddox called it "like nipples-on-a-blind-lesbian-in-a-fish-market hard". It looked pretty insane just by the screenshots.

Plutonia Experiment is definately a challenge, even more than TNT:Evilution because at the higher difficulty levels you start facing Cyberdemons and what not from the very first couple of levels. And those Revenants. :mad:

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Ooh, I just got to 7 - 4 in the lost levels. Very hard. Super Mario Brothers Deluxe is awesome.

Sonic Spinball, I forgot bout that one. That game is just WTH in many ways.

I seriously think I'm the only one that thought the last events in Melee were easy, and I am NOT good at Melee at all. On the last one, just jump into the crowd with Jigglypuff and Rest like crazy (Being huge does have major disadvantages ^_^)

Monica
08-02-2005, 06:49 PM
I had a hard time with lots of NES games, like Marble Madness, FF1, Roger Rabbit, and especially Friday the Thirteenth. I didn't know anything about 3 days, or Jason's mom, or anything, I'd just keep running around camp killing him until all my charecters died. Hey, Jason doesn't die, so I thought that was all there was, lol.

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Maybe you should have read the manual, Monica?

The Sonic Genesis games were easy, except for Sonic Spinball, which was rock hard. I finsihed it once - the actual cartridge version, not on an emulator - hardly seemed worth the effort. The GBA bonus stages were - sorry, ARE - nearly impossible though. I assume you've all read about my 'misfortune' with Sonic Advance 1?

vegeta1215
08-03-2005, 09:02 AM
...and especially Friday the Thirteenth. I didn't know anything about 3 days, or Jason's mom, or anything, I'd just keep running around camp killing him until all my charecters died. Hey, Jason doesn't die, so I thought that was all there was, lol.

That is one of the hardest and WORST games on earth. Lets not speak of it again...actually, believe it or not I watched my friend play through the game and get really far. It was pretty crazy. Not sure what motivated him to keep at it, the game was too boring for me.

Now the Nightmare on Elm Street (Freddy) video game on the NES, now there's a good game for ya, and a hard one at that! I think the farthest I've gotten in that on the actual NES cart is the junk yard stage. I later played it on an emulator with game genie codes so I was invincible - near the end of the game you have to fight like 4 earlier bosses all in a row. No way a normal human being could beat that without cheating.

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 11:46 AM
That is one of the hardest and WORST games on earth. Lets not speak of it again...actually, believe it or not I watched my friend play through the game and get really far. It was pretty crazy. Not sure what motivated him to keep at it, the game was too boring for me.

Now the Nightmare on Elm Street (Freddy) video game on the NES, now there's a good game for ya, and a hard one at that! I think the farthest I've gotten in that on the actual NES cart is the junk yard stage. I later played it on an emulator with game genie codes so I was invincible - near the end of the game you have to fight like 4 earlier bosses all in a row. No way a normal human being could beat that without cheating. Give it a few years, you'll be surprised what you can do wth practice. I remember, back when I first owned GTA3, really struggling on that final payphone mission on the first island where you had to collect all those... donkey... magazines in the van. I was trying that for hours before I got it.

Fast forward a year and I replay it. First time - done. Rah! :cool: I guess playing all the other GTA-type games helped, but even so, I was very surprised at how easy I found it. You live, you learn.

Monica
08-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Maybe you should have read the manual, Monica?

The Sonic Genesis games were easy, except for Sonic Spinball, which was rock hard. I finsihed it once - the actual cartridge version, not on an emulator - hardly seemed worth the effort. The GBA bonus stages were - sorry, ARE - nearly impossible though. I assume you've all read about my 'misfortune' with Sonic Advance 1?

Nah, I was only like 5 or 6, and at that age I didn't really care about the books. Actually now that I think about it, I thought you just had to save all the kids in the house that you rowed to in a boat. I dunno what I was thinking about that game, but it was a hard one...^_^

Dark Knight
08-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Contra....Hard? Contra was mindlessly easy, even without the famous Konami code. As was FFIIj. You can become godly right off the bat if you want to spend some time and abuse the level up system. :p

Some of the hardest games I've played were the Ninja Gaiden series for the NES and Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. Final Fantasy 6 was hard as well, especialy in the final boss fights. One of the Goddesses had an insta-death skill and she does it quite early in battle. Kefka was a joke though. The NES Mega Man series was difficult as well except for 5, it wasn't as hard as some of the others. Mega Man X5 and X6 were the most difficult X games I've played though. X6 was just insanely hard.

Friday the 13th was just rediculous. Usualy, by the time I got to the cabin jason was in, more then half of the kids at camp were already dead. -_-

Carcer
08-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Probably Brainbender for the gameboy. I'm not sure what happened to the cartridge in the end, but it's not with us anymore. Maybe it was because I was just a kid when I played it, but giving you fifteen seconds to bend light around a maze was a bit excessive. And that was on the first level. Too many things on screen, too.
I'm not sure how big a hit it was, or if it ever was one (doubdtful - I hope the company behind it went bankrupt), but I had it for some reason.

Silvanoshea
08-03-2005, 03:52 PM
it would be skies of arcadia. One boss fight took 4 hours! +serveral other hours from dying.
Beating Ramirtez is soooooooo hard.
oh yeah if you dont know its an rpg.

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 03:54 PM
it would be skies of arcadia. One boss fight took 4 hours! +serveral other hours from dying.
Beating Ramirtez is soooooooo hard.
oh yeah if you dont know its an rpg. Do you mean the Dreamcast version or the Gamecube one? Either way, they both have their tricky spots. The GC one in particular - I had a hell of a time getting past the 'Angel of Death' shortly after getting the Harpoon Cannon. You know who I mean? Kept KO'ing all my fighters. Bitch.

Carcer
08-03-2005, 04:08 PM
I thought the final boss battle was relatively ok... the first time I played the game, I died a few times on the ship battle against the final Gigas, which was rather annoying. That was until I found that there is an extremely set pattern to that fight which makes the fight easy, as long as you have enough measures for healing. Hopefully you should have enough money now to buy many, many healing items.

As for the whole triple finla battle in general, I found the hardest part was the first Ramirez. Annoying, too, because his main spell takes ages for finally get past the cutscene. I had Fina cast the thing that give 250 health back to each character each turn - that way Ramirez casts a spell that makes that effect disapear - thus leaving you relatively unscrathed for a turn. As for eternes, you just have Gilder cast the spell that disallows spells like that, EVERY turn. Annoying, yes. But a necessary safety measure.
The final Ramirez is just fun.
And what what the Angel of Death? Was that DC only, or am I forgetting something?

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 04:42 PM
It might have been GC only. Rather then try to explain it myself, I'll quote from an FAQ from GameFAQs.com:

You will receive a "Black Spot" - this is a note from Piastol, the "Angel of Death" who is waiting for you west of Sailor's Island.
The name is well deserved. She has an instant kill spell and an attack which can take off nearly all your HP. If you can beat her, you get a ton of XP, but that battle is a bitch!

Carcer
08-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh, yes Piastol. She appears only in the GC version as an extra feature. Her final battle is annoying, but not with Gilder's special move that cancels out any moves with the sole purpose of killing instantly. Well, not as annoying, at least. Her first battles are easy to clear.
The most annoying part about the angel of death is the fact you have to collect all those silly fish.

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh, yes Piastol. She appears only in the GC version as an extra feature. Her final battle is annoying, but not with Gilder's special move that cancels out any moves with the sole purpose of killing instantly. Well, not as annoying, at least. Her first battles are easy to clear.
The most annoying part about the angel of death is the fact you have to collect all those silly fish.Fish? Wha?

King Aquamentus
08-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Fester's Quest?

PUGSLEY GIVES YOU TNT.
"Oh, pugsley..."

Anyway, now that everyone has thrown up, Fester's quest is another game that I've only beaten through Game Genie.

Currently working on beating NES Top Gun,though.

Carcer
08-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Fish? Wha?
The Moonfish that you have to catch with the lens that shows them up when you hear an incessent bleeping sound... was it just me that had to catch them to fight Piastol?

And at the risk of going off-topic, another game I found hard was Viewtiful Joe. It was a great game, I loved the graphics and such, and the engine and gameplay were amazing and strangely original despite their having stolen aspects from many games and films. It got to certain boss battles and puzzles that seemed impossible. When I finally got past the bosses I had to have a finger transplant.

Yoshiman
08-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Out of the games I own, Devil May Cry 3 takes the "Hardest Game Award" for me. It's still fun, but I swear, bosses were a killer. You'd have to get through the whole level, only to get your rear handed to you by that level's boss. Agni and Rudra gave me the most problems. If I was lucky enough to kill one of them, the second would always corner me. I've gotten past them now, but they were hard. >_>

Although, Mario Is Missing was pretty hard. I don't know my geography, and I was young.

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 06:39 PM
The Moonfish that you have to catch with the lens that shows them up when you hear an incessent bleeping sound... was it just me that had to catch them to fight Piastol?

And at the risk of going off-topic, another game I found hard was Viewtiful Joe. It was a great game, I loved the graphics and such, and the engine and gameplay were amazing and strangely original despite their having stolen aspects from many games and films. It got to certain boss battles and puzzles that seemed impossible. When I finally got past the bosses I had to have a finger transplant. AFAIK, you don't have to collect Moonfish to fight Piastol. They're for that Doctor and the girl's strange creature thingy. I could be wrong, I've never fought her after that first battle.

dandruff man
08-03-2005, 09:13 PM
ha, they dont make hard games anymore. anyone who says any game for the xbox or PS2 is smoking crack, and not a good gamer. The old school games are way harder than any new gen game. Try Hylide for the NES you will commit suicide. Oh and then theres the original Battle Toads for nes, the stage where you are on that flying thing. It totally sucks. One more for ya, the original Track and Field, your fingers and forearms will be on fire after you play that ridiculous game (ABABABABABABABABABABABABABABA.............aghhh!! !! if you have played this you know what i mean) :scared:

King Aquamentus
08-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Or better yet, World Class Track meet.

...That's right, I have a power pad. you know, those Mat-like Controllers? similar to the DDR ones?

algam86
08-03-2005, 11:43 PM
I can think of two: FFIII (the real one, for the NES), and Gunstar Heroes! GH was a great game, though, and I actually downloaded it again on my PC. Me and my cousin played that game all the time...but the last level, and Green's boss, are really tough, especially on Hard.

P.S. The Dice Palace in Black's stage is hard, too. The Minion Soldier, A.K.A. Fidel Castro (nickname) kept kicking the crap out of me!

P.P.S. FFIII is just hard. From beginning to end, the enemies will beat you up unless you take hours to level up enough...

vegeta1215
08-04-2005, 01:15 AM

Four hours? Okay, I'm definitely not getting Skies of Arcadia Legends.

dandruff man
08-04-2005, 02:02 AM
How bout this one, FF XI online. retarded and awsome come together in this epic tale...

Daarkseid
08-04-2005, 02:29 AM
How bout this one, FF XI online. retarded and awsome come together in this epic tale...

I don't know about retarded, but the game is incredibly hostile towards playing solo. The taru taru, however, are completely awesome.

Tygore
08-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Although, Mario Is Missing was pretty hard. I don't know my geography, and I was young.

Heh, I remember that game.Tough for me when I was young too, untilI realized that the answers to all the questions are in the game. Ask the kiosk people for pamphlets.

Yeah, I didn't get good at that until I was much older thanI was when I got it.

Grasshopper
08-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Four hours? Okay, I'm definitely not getting Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Yes, that would be the final boss. My friend said the same thing, I didn't believe him, so I asked people on this forum, and several of you said the same thing. So I guess it is true, and puts me off on playing that game. :rolleyes:

Kry
08-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Fester's Quest was a good hard one. The 3d mazes in it always got me.

bonegolem
08-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Chessmaster. No one can beat the wizard!!!

Ninja Gaiden is definately a tough game for me as well. The game is very long with no save points. I got to the part where the Jaquio throws you down a pit, but I never was able to fight my way out of it.

Carcer
08-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Yes, that would be the final boss. My friend said the same thing, I didn't believe him, so I asked people on this forum, and several of you said the same thing. So I guess it is true, and puts me off on playing that game. :rolleyes:

Four hours is a bit excessive, surely?
I managed it in about two - and yes, that is a long time, I know. That was formed mainly out of the second battle. But it's in a set pattern. Once you find it out, it becomes easy.

The final boss, is, however, annoying and overlong. But it doesn't reflect the rest of the game. Sure, it's not an epic RPG, but it fills a gap, and is challenging enough to keep you going without becoming bored.

I never played Chessmaster, however I have played a good few chess games - before finding real people to play it with. All of them I find hard and almost impossible. They're set all mathematically, too, when on the hard modes, so it becomes impossible to win unless you think like a computer. Something to do with setting each piece a priority, so they know where to place each piece. I'm not sure. I prefer playing with real people that are inferior to me.

Darth Marsden
08-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Four hours is a bit excessive, surely?
I managed it in about two - and yes, that is a long time, I know. That was formed mainly out of the second battle. But it's in a set pattern. Once you find it out, it becomes easy.

The final boss, is, however, annoying and overlong. But it doesn't reflect the rest of the game. Sure, it's not an epic RPG, but it fills a gap, and is challenging enough to keep you going without becoming bored.

I never played Chessmaster, however I have played a good few chess games - before finding real people to play it with. All of them I find hard and almost impossible. They're set all mathematically, too, when on the hard modes, so it becomes impossible to win unless you think like a computer. Something to do with setting each piece a priority, so they know where to place each piece. I'm not sure. I prefer playing with real people that are inferior to me.Challenge me sometime. I suck big time.

Last time I played it through, the End Game boss took my about 2 1/2 hours, before I got to watch the cheese-covered ending. Totally not worth it.

King Aquamentus
08-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I hated Metal Gear for NES. you start off with no gun, so if you are seen (and you will be before you get a gun), you are screwed and have to start back at the beginning.

Cloral
08-04-2005, 05:28 PM
What put me off about Ninja Gaiden was the later bosses. Die on one and you get sent back. The level 5 boss sends you back to the start of 5-3 even if you have lives left, and the boss of level 6 sends you back to the start of level 6 (which like level 5 has 3 sections)! That pissed me off so bad I haven't been able to go back and play it since.

Carcer
08-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Last time I played it through, the End Game boss took my about 2 1/2 hours, before I got to watch the cheese-covered ending. Totally not worth it.
I've managed it in an hour, although I did start all over again at one point after I'd recorded the pattern. I have to say that the final Ramirez is great fun to beat.
And yes, the ending was extremely cheesy. Almost disgustingly so. But compare that to the ending of Tales of Symphonia, and you'll find it is nought but a light sprinkling of cheddar compared to that huge dollop of gorgonzola.
Enough metaphors.
To me, all stealth games are hard. I enjoy playing them, but I find them very difficult to play when, in so many other games you just go in and kill them all.
Second Sight was good, though, for its psychic powers. I liked messing with their minds, especially when hidden in a cupboard. Just whack them with a chair until they die. Still, I always got found and killed. Why do they drag you out when they could just blwo your head apart in their without any escape?

phattonez
08-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Prince of Persia for the PC was simple (once you master the controls). The SNES version was without a doubt the hardest version and most complex (that red carpet room was impossible) version.

The hardest game is Super Spy Hunter (I'm not sure if that's the right name, but it was the second one for the NES). I couldn't even get past the first level.