PDA

View Full Version : Zeldaclassic Walkthrough

Zelda_Warrior
07-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey, I decided to post a comphrehensive ZC walkthrough on how to set it up, use, etc. It is VERRYYY easy to follow, because I told the user how to do stuff STEP-BY-STEP. I made it because I was helping somebody thorugh MSN, but i'm posting it here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zelda_Warrior's
Zeldaclassic Walkthrough

Have you ever wanted to play the original Zelda 1 for the NES on your computer? Well now you can! There is a program called Zeldaclassic that lets you play Zelda 1 on your computer! It also lets you make your own Zelda games, too! Let me show you how to get started!

Useful Information

Games that are made with Zeldaclassic arn't called games. They are called 'quests'. Also, new versions of ZC are being released about every two years. With Zeldaclassic, you can play the orignal Zelda 1, make your own Zelda games and play them, or play quests that other people have made. If you are trying to play a quest that somebody else has made on a version worse than it was originally made on, then you can't play it unless you get the better version. Also, ZC is the abbreviated form of Zeldaclassic. Finally, ZC was first released around 1998, and was originally just a clone of Zelda 1, but the next released version incluided an editor to make quests with.

Useful Links

These are some good links to check out for ZC:

http://www.google.com/ - Look up stuff for ZC.
http://www.zeldaclassic.com/ - The Zeldaclassic homepage.
http://www.armageddongames.net/ - The place with ZC forums.
http://www.purezc.com/ - Another ZC website.

Zeldaclassic Versions

Zeldaclassic versions can get a little confusing, but once you get the hang of it, they're easy:
(Note: All of the versions that have a * by them were publicly released betas.

Version 1.00 Build 0 - The first Zeldaclassic release. This version did not inclde an editor originally.

Version 1.84 Build 0 - The next Zeldaclassic release. It was originally the first version with the Zeldaclassic editor. The Zelda 1 clone was also improved.

Version 1.90 Buiild 0 - The third Zeldaclassic release. It was much better than 1.84. It's editor was revolutionary for the time. It includes both the Zelda 1 clone and the ZC editor. The most stable release.

* Version 1.90 Build 163 (BETA) - The fourth Zeldaclassic release. It's editor was much the same as Version 1.90 Biild 0's except for more quest rules, flags, combos, and a better Dmap editor.

* Version 1.90 Build 183 (BETA) - The fifth Zeldaclssic release. It's the newest STABLE release. Even though it's a beta, it's near bug-free. If you're looking for the MOST stable though, try Version 1.90 Build 0.

* Version 1.90 Build 184 (BETA) - The sixth Zeldaclassic release. It's just the player. It dosen't have an editor, but if you don't want to make quests but just want to play them, this is the way to go.

Version 2.10 Build 0 - The seventh and most recent Zeldaclassic release. It was released on Janurary 1, 2005. It's VERY buggy, but has both and editor and a player. This version also gave the GUI a new makeover.

Getting Zeldaclassic To Work

Many people have trouble downloading ZC or getting it to run, and then they shoot down a good game. The purpose of the guide is right here, so follow these steps and you'll be making quests or playing them in no time:

1. Go to http:www.zeldaclassic.com/

2. Look to the left side of the page. See a section in the links called 'Downloads'? Click on 'Download ZC'.

3. Download any version you like. Try getting Version 1.90 Build 183 (BETA) If you want stability, or get Version 2.10 Build 0 for new features but less stability. The choice is yours.

4. Download the Zeldaclassic installer to the desktop. Once it's done, MINIMIZE the Zeldaclassic homepage. You may need it later.

5. Double click on the installer. Install ZC to the DEFAULT DIRECTORY, otherwise THIS GUIDE WILL NOT HELP.

6. Once the installer is finished, go to the place where you downloaded Zeldaclassic to.

7. I'm assuming you downloaded either Version 1.90 Build 183 or Version 2.10 Build 0.

8. See the icon called 'zquest-w'? Double click on it.

9. Welcome to the Zeldaclassic EDITOR! Before you exit it, go to Etc.> Play Lost Woods music.

10. Let the music play for a little bit, then go to Etc.>Stop Tunes.

11. Exit the editor.

12. See the icon called 'zelda-w'? Double click on it.

13. Welcome to the Zeldaclassic PLAYER!

14. When fire appears on your screen that says 'Armageddongames' (The makers of ZC) Hit 'Enter'. When the Zeldaclassic title screen appears, hit 'Enter' again.

15. TO MAKE A NEW SAVESTATE:

16. Hit the down arrorw a couple of times to select 'Register Your Name' Then hit 'Enter'.

17. Enter in a name for your savestate.

18. Select the savestate you just made and hit whatever key the 'A' button is assigned to.

19. Hit whatever the 'A' button is assigned to again.

20. Select the quest that you want to play, then click 'Okay'.

21. Play a quest!

22. TO ENTER THE OPTIOS IN THE ZC PLAYER:

23. Just click your mouse somewhere an it'll open up a menu. Simple. You can adjust sound and controls here.

24. Have fun with Zelaclassic!

Credtis:

Zelda_Warrior - That's me. I made the wallkthrough.

Phantom Menace - He originally made Zeldaclassic.

Dark Nation - He currently makes Zeldaclassic.

Armageddongames - For hosting Zeldaclassic.

Nintendo - For making Zelda.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Cloral
07-26-2005, 11:59 PM
This belongs in general ZC discussion. Zap!

bigjoe
07-31-2005, 11:45 PM
This is pretty well written. Some of the terminology is off ,but other than that.

Silvanoshea
08-03-2005, 04:05 PM
cant believe you took the time to write all that, and i cant beleive i read it all. It is well writen

Freedom
08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
* Version 1.90 Build 163 (BETA) - The fourth Zeldaclassic release. It's editor was much the same as Version 1.90 Biild 0's except for more quest rules, flags, combos, and a better Dmap editor.

* Version 1.90 Build 183 (BETA) - The fifth Zeldaclssic release. It's the newest STABLE release. Even though it's a beta, it's near bug-free. If you're looking for the MOST stable though, try Version 1.90 Build 0.

* Version 1.90 Build 184 (BETA) - The sixth Zeldaclassic release. It's just the player. It dosen't have an editor, but if you don't want to make quests but just want to play them, this is the way to go.

192-163, 192-183, 192-184.... etc, or 192b183 as was released.
Personally I think the 2.10 is more stable than the 192b183.
the 183 has continue bugs, map bugs, enemy boss bugs, and is slower loading than the 2.10