PDA

View Full Version : Zero Quest Bugs

Yoshi348
07-26-2005, 02:00 PM
I really like the quest here, it's really cool (although I'm little dissapointed that the boss sprites are unedited). Unfortunately there's a few rather glaring bugs...

1) In level 5 (I think), there's a room with 3 Dodongos you kill to make a path appear to the left... however, if you come back from the left when the Dodongos have respawned, you're stuck on the little island and the door slams behind you, forcing you to restart. Not to mention it's a rather logical thing to do, coming back this way... the only other way back, looking at the map I got later, is an unnessecary secret that I didn't remember (and how many times have I played the first quest now? Heh.)

2) In Level 7, 8, and 9, when you get the map, all the unvisited rooms appear one square LEFT of where they should be, while the system-standard visted rooms don't. Needless to say it's rather confusing. Easy mistake, but really annoying.

King Aquamentus
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Well, there we have a problem...
Just quit and hit continue, you'll restart from the entrance.

Or, you could possibly have picked up Farore's wind... ...if you know where it is...

Yoshi348
07-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, yeah, I figured that out. Annoying, though.

So there's Farore's Wind somewhere? Man, I need to go burn more things or something... heh.

King Aquamentus
07-27-2005, 08:21 PM
actually, all three crystals are in the game.
You can buy them all at the same place, but you'll need the wallet from the ruined town to afford them. you can visit the shop once you have the raft. No burning or bombing required: it's all about how you get to the shop.

Kingboo30
07-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Great Quest so far! At level 4 and quite surprised about the boss at level 3. Funny because Isle of The winds has that same boss but the weaker verison. But while playing, I noticed alot of bugs. You indeed made the game harder. And made boss's what they should be. In level 1 though after you beat the first aquamentus...If you lose the other one is killed so the heart container is right there.... Hope you realese the Tile set soon.

EDIT: Ah, I found the shop and bought them all. Took about 30 minutes with Ghini money making trick. With 465 coins when I started. One will help you in Level 4's boss ALOT. And this is when Keese and Gels amd Vires become live savers. Where's the Magic sword though? I know the master is in the Grave's new cave. Otherwise, seeing magic octoroks(The VERY fast black octoroks) early in there is crazy.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Where's the Magic sword though? I know the master is in the Grave's new cave.
No, that IS the magical sword.

http://www.zhq2.com/coppermine/cpg132/albums/userpics/10001/item_magical_sword.gif

the master sword is NOT in the game.

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I knew it......I guess it's like a maze. I'll have to keep searching.
Oh, I found it. The PATRAs were guarding it and I thought there would be more rooms. Better use Nayru's love for them. And if you die in the lost village...You get warped to the left most top of Death mountain. I guess you forgot the continue warp. And you continue there if you lose. Annoying. Where is the blue tunic? Is it in a dungeon? I'm going to level 6 without a proper defensive. Well I got the (Mirror?) sheild in the Magical Sword cave. Had to deal with a stractorok too. Those guys ALWAYS (To me) give magic containers. Just use the boomerang and you'll be set. Otherwise your pretty much screwed. I did that with the white sword.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 11:43 AM
The Blue ring is right where it should be. And Like I said, a lot of things were based on artwork, Including Link, the Magical Sword, the shield, and the mirror shield.(Yes, I know it wasn't in either of the first two games, but a lot of artwork back then had Link with a mirror shield, you see...)

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Well I finally got to level 9. It's been completely changed. Got the magicaly sword. Level 8's boss can be tough because of water surronding it. But once you use Nayru's love. All of his attacks should bounce off of you and you should finish him off in no time. easier than level 4s. And what about the people that tell you four directions? I only know of 2. This game is pretty good. You should realese a tileset. I'm sure people will go crazy over it.

I kind of forgot about blue tunics location until I went to get the bait. That helped me alot. I beat level 6 without it. No potions so people who say it's too hard shouldn't really be complaining.
EDIT: I finally beat the game. I found a bug while meeting with Zelda though. When she first stops talking. The game appears frozen for a while and the ladder appears to the right. Next thing you know A link is next to Zelda while one is where you were standing and then it's normal. You forgot to put statues to fire too, making the final battle too easy even with the blue tunic. I never found the red.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 03:09 PM
The red tunic is where it should be, as well. I'll definetely consider releasing the tileset. I have no reason not to. at least, no good reason... ;)

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I found the Sliver arrow so easily though. I guess I didn't go in the direction of that tunic. I hope you realese the set soon. I assume it's like the Original one. That would convince to work on my quest because Pureset has ALOT of tiles that it can take awhile to find something.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I'll see what I can do! Thx.

Also, since your ending bugged, I need to know...

Did you get an ordinary ending, or the one with the cool song?

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 04:00 PM
I got the ordinary one.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 04:07 PM
That's not right. I just tested it, and it went fine. when you walk up to Zelda, you warp to a screen where she talks to you, then it warps you to a credits screen with cool music.

I don't think you are playing on Version 2.10, personally.

I hate to say it, but I think you'll have to start over. this time, on 2.10.

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm serious. I'm playing this on 2.10. You can't play 2.10 quests on lower verisons. I even tried it before. Heck I even tried yours and said it was ERROR. What happened was this. I beat Ganon. Everythings normal. I walk up to Zelda and it goes to screen where she talks to me. When shes done talking for awhile the game nearly freezes but I can press ESC fine but not enter. Then you appear next to Zelda with the normal you saved zelda but the other link is still infront of her. Then Zelda and Link both hold up the Triforces and it's normal "You beat the game" music. I'm telling the truth. Honestly.

Although what the problem might be is sometimes my computer slows down and some strange things happen. That might have been it.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 04:38 PM
After she's finished talking about you living with impa for awhile, you are supposed to press and hold down. It's the same basic idea as with Petoe's "Megaman: Doctor Wily's revenge" quest. It's sort of a general cinema button.

...and yeah, your compy too.
but the subscreen isn't supposed to appear on that screen, so yah pressing enter is pointless.

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Yah, I got it now. I wasn't pressing down...I also got the red tunic. IT was supposed to be a background of night and a mountain scene and pressing enter to scroll down the text and you say "Who knows? I might make a second quest in the dark world."
Since your working on something else now. I suppose for a second quest remake to be a dark evilish. After you beat 3 or 4 dungeons or so. That means making a new map. So the other dungeons would hidden in the other world. Your going to have go the dungeons in order at first if you were to do it like that though.

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Sounds like all is well, then...
though I really don't recall that issue with the maps...

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah I found another bug in level 6 before. It can be considered a bug unless it's supposed to be a trap.. Well the final wand switch leads to room with 4 bombs. When you get out....;You can't escape! This is annoying if your nearly out of Magic.
Off topic: For the tileset though, Do you have sprites of the new enemies like Mirror wizzrobes and windrobes?

King Aquamentus
07-28-2005, 06:42 PM
No, not really. the old ones are in there, but...

Glass Cleaner
07-29-2005, 02:51 PM
hey guys goto www.freewebs.com/ZeldaCleaner ! its my new website its kinda crappy but its ok so far

Glass Cleaner
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
wait thats not it let me give it to ya now www.freewebs.com/zeldacleaner/index.htm thats really it srry bout that!

King Aquamentus
07-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Why you little... Don't post that here. This is no place for it.

Glass Cleaner
07-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I am sorry I wont do it again!

King Aquamentus
07-30-2005, 07:11 PM
For the last time, if it doesn't have to do with Zero Quest, don't post here! This is the sort of thing you will get banned for.

Zero Quest Tileset up.