PDA

View Full Version : Can't access half of the map.

Chl
07-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi
I've just started to use the Zq editor so if anyone could help me with this it would be great.

I've made a couple of screens at the lower right part of the map and thought I should try to see how it worked. The problem is that I always start in the upper left corner in square 1 even if the start position (got only 1) is in square 78.

Well, I tried to walk to the part I've made but I can't get more than 7 screens to the right in any of the vertical squares. The game simply stop changing screens, like you are at the border of the map.

Also, Links position marker on the map is not there.

I'm using Zq 2.10 with the map that followed the Pure tileset.

Thanks for any help in this. :confused:

ShadowTiger
07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
When you're in the Dmap Editor, there's a little slidebar on the bottom of the picture of the map that you can slide to tell it where on the map the Dmap is situated.

Since Non-Overworld (Overworlds ONLY have the full 16 horizontal grid boxes range. ;) ) dungeons use only 8 horizontal squares, you're likely to encounter this.

Just slide the bar to where you want to include it to. Note that Dungeon, Cave, and BS style Dmaps only have 8 horizontal squares to them, once more. o.o

Chl
07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks, it helped. :)
However, Link still don't start at the start location and his location marker is not on the map. What have I done wrong?

ZeldaLord
07-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Set the continue screen to 78.

Chl
07-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Set the continue screen to 78.

I have, still doesn't work. :(

Rybec
07-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I know how to fix this one.
You have to use RELATIVE coordinates for your start position in the Dmap.
I'm going to assume you're using a BS or dungeon map as your Dmap type.
A relative coorditae is where a screen is according to the Dmap, instead of the regular map.
In the Dmap window, look at the box on the left (the one with the slider below it).
Look to see here screen 78 shows up in this box.
Depending on if you moved the slider left or right, Screen 78 will be either screen 70-77 or 77-7F.
Hope this does it for you!:D

Chl
07-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Nope, that didn't work either.

But I managed to figure out whats was wrong while playing around in the menues.
I had eneterd the data in the Dmap number 0-, so I tried to enter the same in Dmap 1- and whoopie it worked. And now I even see Links position on the map. :)
Wonder why it didn't work with number 0? Anyone that can tell me this please?

Well, thanks for trying to help me guys. :)