PDA

View Full Version : A swimming bag of food

Beldaran
07-24-2005, 11:00 PM
I just ate a huge meal and I'm about to throw myself dramatically into the swimming pool for no reason. Why? Because I live in Texas and even in the middle of the night, during a rainstorm, it's 80 degrees or some shit.

But here's my question... is it really bad to swim on a full stomach? Does anyone else do this? Am I going to die?

I guess I'll find out after I die then because I'm going to go throw myself in the pool RIGHT NOW. See ya! :laughing:

[runs off with a towel]

Rainman
07-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Uh the worst that could happen is you'll get a cramp. Cramps can cause loss of control and maybe drowning. That what the whole don't eat before swimming thing is.

Master Ghaleon
07-24-2005, 11:09 PM
I do that alot and nothing happens to me

Archibaldo
07-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Nah, that shit is all just an old urban legend to keep kids out of the pool after they eat. So then the adults can go in on their inflatable matresses whith out getting splashed because the kids have to stay out of the pool.

It's all a big conspiracy made by parents to scare kids, like the boogy man or Michael Jackson. :P

Dechipher
07-25-2005, 12:15 AM
I have not yet gotten a cramp, though one time I did feel uncomfortable. Damn those Grande Combos....

Glitch
07-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Eating before swimming is awesome, especially when it's mexican food. Everyone loves bubbles!

Orion
07-25-2005, 12:54 AM
I dunno about eating and swimming, but drinking and then entering a hot tub is no fun.

Linkafier
07-25-2005, 01:19 AM
That cramp tale is bull. Swim away, Beldaran! :p

carrot red
07-25-2005, 12:33 PM
So, are you still there?

I think what they used to tell us when we were kids was more like hit the water before digestion begins. (You either go swimming right after eating or you wait two hours.)

Beldaran
07-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah, as soon as I finished typing the post, I ran and jumped into the pool. It was fun. No cramps, nothing bad. Good times were had by all. (that being me)

ShadowTiger
07-25-2005, 01:14 PM
So, are you still there?You know, it does kinda make you wonder. Bel would post a topic about it, and we have no idea whether or not he's actually gone swimming yet. For all we know, he could've posted the topic, left to go swimming, gotten in trouble at the pool, then come back here in a sour mood thinking "Now you tell me" or something like that.

... lol internet.

EDIT: Oh look who popped up while I was writing it. Glad you had fun, Bel.

When anyone goes swimming, does anyone find that they swallow an unusually large amount of air while doing so? ... Which causes them/(you) to eventually just want to rush to the bathroom and throw up usually nothing more than said air? I get that every time. Argh...

carrot red
07-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Actually I talked to him this morning before reading his thread, BH4. But I still thought it was a question to be asked.

Verman
07-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Drinking ina hot tub is the bomb. You can drain a whole bottle of wine and still feel sober... Till you get out of course. Then Splat your cranked :D

And swimming after eating is ok....It was an old wifes tale!

Eckels
07-27-2005, 05:36 PM
http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hourwait.asp

Sute
07-27-2005, 08:24 PM
If anything it's bad 'cuz after you eat your energy is focused on digesting the food, and swimming uses up a lot..