PDA

View Full Version : Check it out you check it check it out

Dechipher
07-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Alright so my bands in the midst of recording our next EP (which we've got some INSANE crazy ideas planned for...) and I've released a snippet of a current recording, and a full length version of a song that we're rerecording, ala, much better quality.

http://www.purevolume.com/maximumetcetera
Anyway, The Death Toll is off our previous Demo, and Joyride V1.0 was the first thing that we ever recorded ourselves, as in, I hooked up the 1 microphone we had (nothing went direct, if you guys get me,) and we didn't even have a stand. I EQed it out a bit, and viola there is my first ever homerecording of my band.

Then we started our album. That's where New Shoes Sample V1.0 comes in. We haven't even recorded saxophone yet, just electronic drums and bass, and then tonight I added a little bit of keyboard, just to get used to doing that. I EQed, added the Wah on the horns, yadda yadda yadda, faded in the first 15 seconds, faded it out a third of the way through the song, and there you go. The first preview of something that's actually going to be on the album, though I still have to edit the playing mistakes a little bit. This is like halfway between what Joyride sounds like and wht the album will sound like. Obviously it won't be stellar, as it is my first recording project, but I will do my best.

Anyway, give it a listen, and tlel me what you think. I'm honestly not trying to promote my band, that's what my sig is for. Just thought I'd explain to everyone, and Belderan did it, so I figured why not, eh? I certainly like showing off my band. And to the mods, we get no profit from visitors or downloads or anything. I'm just showing off :P

What do you know, I post this and purevolume stops working.

Maybe it will be up soon.

It's back up now.

ARGH The title was supposed to be "Check it out yo check it check it out"
I fudged it up....:angry:

Beldaran
07-24-2005, 10:29 PM
I enjoy this. You guys are doing some interesting stuff. The keyboard sound is creepy. I like it though. I also think the bass has a good sound.

Promoting your music in the forum is cool, and since I got away with it too, I hope you don't get any flak for it. Musicians should be encouraged to be creative since nowdays they are mostly encouraged to just sell out.

Dechipher
07-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I agree about selling out. Most bands just want airplay. I mean, we do too. We'd like it, I think. I think it'd be cool. But we won't change our music for it, and that is where the selling out line starts, I think.

Anyway, we're going to shoot for no more than 35 minutes of music, and then fill the rest of the CD up with Data. Instead of including a booklet with the CD, we're gonna design one, import it into Adobe Acrobat, and include that. We're also going to include MP3 versions of MIDI files of our songs, in addition to about 16 others (high quality MIDI of course,) as well as alternate versions of our songs (like Joyride V.10) as well as maybe the demo we sell for 3 dollars.) We're planning on including all the lyrics/poetry translation, as most of oursongs will be in alternate languages. We're also going to probably include some electronica that we wrote separately, all of this CDROM content.

BUT if none of that happens, we will at least have a 10 track EP that sounds good.
:D