PDA

View Full Version : Lots of problems.

Rybec
07-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Hello all.
I am attempting to create a quest with the comprehensive Game boy tileset (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=4) I got from Purezc, and I am having a lot of problems.
For one, I put a house in the start screen, and changed screen 80 to look like the inside of a house, but when Link goes to enter it, it shows him walking in over and over and doesn't display the guy or the item.
Also, in the town, you can enter the houses, the guy, string, and the shop all work, but you can't move. You can turn, but not walk.
I'm also having trouble getting things like the swim and dive sprites to work.
Not to mention all the hassle with asssigning the combos. Some are already assigned (like the door to a house being cave-> walk down), but I'm having difficulty sorting the rest out.
Also, the subscreen is messed up.
I got the Triforce grid thing right, gut the background is beige, and there's all sorts of other things that go wrong in the subscreen.
Please help. :banghead:

Linkafier
07-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Also, in the town, you can enter the houses, the guy, string, and the shop all work, but you can't move. You can turn, but not walk.

I can fix that one. When you click on one of the floor tiles that are a part of the house in the tool-thing, press Page Up or Page Down until you see the tile at the bottom. The first box will probly' be all pink, meaning the tile is completely dense. Just click on all four corners of the pink box until it's gray. The problem should be solved.

PS: Why are people posting their ZC problems in the newbiew forum lately?

Rybec
07-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Hmmm... Could have sworn I checked that. Maybe I didn't.
Also, I need a good, free, midi editor.
Any suggestions?

punkonjunk1024
07-25-2005, 01:47 AM
OMG jazz. Let me find it quick... I'll edit in a second.

EDIT

here you go. This program kicks ass.
http://www.jazzware.com/zope

Rybec
07-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Cool program.
Makes me wish I had one of those special keyboards.
But it works great for editing, which is what I really needed it for.

ZeldaLord
07-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Hello all.
I put a house in the start screen, and changed screen 80 to look like the inside of a house, but when Link goes to enter it, it shows him walking in over and over and doesn't display the guy or the item.

The only thing I can think of is that you've somehow set the warp type to "no warp".
Check if its that. :)

Starkist
07-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Moving to ZQuest discussion, where it may get more answers.

Rybec
07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
The only thing I can think of is that you've somehow set the warp type to "no warp".
Check if its that. :)Unfortunately, it's not (EDIT: no. it's not. I just got rid of it and decided to do it differently. Oh well.).
But I did fix the "no walking in houses" problem.
The tile I was using WAS unwalkable.
Also, I made a couple different house screens, one on screen 80, one on screen 81, but it only uses the one on screen 80, even though I set the tile warp to screen 81. Is there a way to fix this? Because I put an actual cave on screen 83, and that works.
Also, how do I make it stop changing the collor of the house?
I want it to look the same way it looks when I'm editing, instead of dark.

Oh, and thanks for moving this...

Edit: I fixed the subcreen problems, too.
It's no longer beige.
But it thinks the letter is an item to be used with the B key....