PDA

View Full Version : Whistle Tile

Cloral
07-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Is there any way to make a tile where you stand on it and blow the whistle, and the tile itself changes to something else?

Zelda Master
07-24-2005, 04:06 PM
I think you set the secret combo flags [16-30] to whatever the tile you want it to be.

ZeldaLord
07-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Uhhh, don't you just use the whistle flag & stairs secret combo?

Cloral
07-24-2005, 06:02 PM
I tried that, but the stairs didn't show up. I think the stairs only show for the whistle if you set the whistle->stairs screen flag, but then you can activate it from anywhere on the screen - plus you get that color change from the lake draining from level 7 in the first quest.

Is there any way to layer the whistle flag with secret flags on the same space? I need the new tile to show up on layer 0 since I need its property.

ZeldaLord
07-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Hmm, yeah, I see what you mean. I've always thought the whistle flags were poorly implemented, especially whistle->stairs, which is hard coded in such a way that it's almost impossible to use it in any way other than how it was used in Z1 (palette cycling, which is obsolete, anyway :sweat: ).

What we need is a whistle->secret flag (so you can trigger secrets from anywhere in the room, without the palette cycling), and a whistle secret combo (for the whistle flag).