PDA

View Full Version : Here's a little story 'bout a man named Brad...

theplustwo
07-24-2005, 05:47 AM
Check it out... theres this girl I have a crush on. Let's call her "Erin", seeing as that's her name. Anyhow, I like her a lot, but I'm worried she likes this other dude, Andrew, whom she hangs out with a lot.

That's basially been the story for about a year.

Then today, I find out that this whole time Andrew is gay. Not gay-happy (well, his happiness isn't really an issue at any rate), gay-he-routinely-has-sex-with-dudes.

So now I'm gay-happy. :D

So I asked Erin out but she said she wanted to "be friends and see what happens", which I guess is cool in my book.

Any success stories?

Oh, by the way, I'm back. :)

Archibaldo
07-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Meh, I guess that gets you one step closer. But if you two get to become good friends and then start dating it could be hazardous to your friendship. For if you decide to break up with her then it'll be hard to go back to being friends.

ShadowTiger
07-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh, by the way, I'm back. :)Happiest words I've heard in a looong time. ;-D Welcome back, Brad. :) You've been missed.

So tell us about her. :) Take her out to lunch a few times, see where it goes. :D

theplustwo
07-24-2005, 11:18 PM
She's totally awesome, and likes the same music as me, which is saying a lot. I like Cake, The Apples in Stereo, The Flaming Lips, Beck, Wilco, The Helio Sequence, among others, and she likes them all too. Also, she's really cute.

Jeopardizing our friendship was the thing I was most worried about before I asked her out, but I had to do it. I don't want to think about the one thing I know I should have done.

Anyhow, nobody really cares about my personal life.

Archy, you may want to edit your avatar to read "You're Retarded" since calling someone retarded while simultaneously using improper grammar could be embarrasing. :)

Dechipher
07-24-2005, 11:35 PM
I...uh...think thats the point.

Archibaldo
07-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Archy, you may want to edit your avatar to read "You're Retarded" since calling someone retarded while simultaneously using improper grammar could be embarrasing. :)

Yeah I noticed that "you're" is spelled wrong a while ago. I got the image from a t shirt I saw on a web site that sells t-shirts. I guess that misspelling "you're" is part of the joke. :shrug:

But back on the subject I think whats really important is, does she like you? Cause if she doesn't like you, this is all a moo point. (j/k, a cookie to who ever knows what TV show that's from)

theplustwo
07-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Well, I know she likes me, but I've yet to find out if she likes me. I'm still having a pretty good time just hanging out with her anyhow though.

Tim
07-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Any success stories?

No. Being shot down is what I get. Sometimes I really didn't understand why, but then I look back and see that I was a moron.

Darth Marsden
07-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Well, I know she likes me, but I've yet to find out if she likes me. I'm still having a pretty good time just hanging out with her anyhow though. Then just keep hanging out with her. You've already let her know how you feel (by asking her out in the first place), so just have some fun with her. Give it a few months (patience, my young one) then maybe try asking her again if you want to start getting serious. By then you should be good enough friends that you'll be OK if she turns you down.

Best of luck!