PDA

View Full Version : Uhhhhh some info please.

Z3r0x7
07-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Well, I live with my mom. I looking into moveing in with my brother. I've been looking online on how I can do this legally. If someone could help me, that would be great.

EDIT: I'm not sure where I should have posted this. Move it if theres a better place.

Starkist
07-24-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm not sure what exactly you are asking... Perhaps you could clarify your question?

Z3r0x7
07-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Where I can find out how to change my legal guardian to my brother? And what do I have to do?

phattonez
07-24-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm not sure that is possible. Unless your mom beats you or something, she is your legal guardian.

Starkist
07-24-2005, 02:17 AM
How old are you? Why do you wish to move?

Z3r0x7
07-24-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm 16. I want to move because she is crazy. She used to beat me. Now that I'm older she can't. Anyway, she doesin't act like a mother at all. She thinks everyone of my friends are gay, do drugs,fuck there sisters and teach me how to. She has no job, gets all her money from chiled support. Moves allmost every year(Makeing it very hard for me in school) She moves alot because "This town is out to get us", "They won't let you get your education". She is really fucked up. I have a voice recording of it, if you want to hear it?

Beldaran
07-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Since you are sixteen you can get emancipated from your parents. It's like a divoroce for parents and children. Then you can just go live with your brother.

Z3r0x7
07-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Uhhh, I hear that you can't do that where I live (Wisconsin).

Master Ghaleon
07-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Do you really need to do it legally? Cant you just move in with your brother?

Z3r0x7
07-24-2005, 03:00 AM
Well, I don't think my mom would like that. I want it so my mom can never have a part in my life again.

Tim
07-24-2005, 03:59 AM
If your allegations against her are true ("she's crazy"), then there are legal ways to get custody changed. You'd have to go to your local police station or city hall; or other such place were you'd assume this information is available.

phattonez
07-24-2005, 04:02 AM
If she did beat you, then you are free to go wherever you want if you tell the police. At that age, it should be fine.

Z3r0x7
07-24-2005, 04:28 AM
If your allegations against her are true ("she's crazy"), then there are legal ways to get custody changed. You'd have to go to your local police station or city hall; or other such place were you'd assume this information is available.

I'll try that, thanks.

Master Ghaleon
07-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Why dont ya live with your Dad? or is that opening a can of worms

Z3r0x7
07-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Don't know who my dad is.

Tim
07-24-2005, 08:28 PM
So, I'm also assuming that your brother is at least 18. But you have no aunts or uncles you could live with, either?

Edit: Nevermind... You've been banned. -_-

Dechipher
07-24-2005, 10:44 PM
You sound kinda like my situation used to be, but it soudns a bit worse on your end.

Try emancipation. I dunno if you were being serious about this, but if so, try to contact your brother.

punkonjunk1024
07-25-2005, 01:57 AM
We've discussed emancipation. I'm pretty sure it's almost impossable in wisconsin. He has contacted, and discussed it with his brother. I suggested he tape a number of his moms "moments" to play in court, if need be.
Would it be possible to be emancipated on grounds of an abusive parent, if the abuse was earlier in life, like his case?

EDITED OUT - Breaker (plz don't post for banned members... it is against the rules.. this is your first warning)

Z3r0x7
08-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Does anyone else have any more info for me?

Lilith
08-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Kill yourself.

Beldaran
08-11-2005, 03:48 AM
Kill yourself.

No, he needs info. So like, maybe instructions?

Lilith
08-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Killing yourself is not to be undertaken by stupid fucks who have no idea what your body is capable of. A young, healthy body will try and override all the attempts you could make, even if your mind is spitting out Linkin Park lyrics at every turn. The body has many backup systems in order to prevent death, and to achieve your goal you need to override several of them at once, even picking up some "insurance" along the way. For example, ODing on pills is pretty stupid, since your body will stop absorbing them after a certain amount or simply reject them--in order to actually do this, you have to override the system with a concoction of sorts to stop the rejection and let it keep absorbing. Slitting your wrists is dumb and almost never works unless you are ill or elderly. Hanging yourself is pretty alright if you know what you're doing, but you can still fuck it up. Even shooting yourself isn't foolproof. A personal favorite of mine is holding your breath and pouring chroloform on a rag, then taping it over your mouth and allowing it to be absorbed into your lungs, causing relatively easy death. The trouble with the real "hardcore" methods of suicide (aka the ones that usually work and aren't used by teenage pussies who "try and kill themselves" 543908 times) is that if you do survive, you may end up with severe permenant injuries and brain damage. This is why you need "insurance". Aka combining several methods of suicide to override all the systems at once. The coolest way I can think of is combining chloroform with a train. Trains are alright, but the problem is if you stand in front of one at the wrong angle, it may glance off you (the speed makes the angle hard to gauge for this) and permantly cripple you instead of killing you. The only sure-fire way to let a train kill you is to find a blind curve and put your neck over the rail. Unfortunately, pure human instinct may override even the strongest determination, so it's recommended to OD on tranquilizers beforehand. But I think using chloroform while your head is on the train tracks pretty much works. There you have it.

Beldaran
08-11-2005, 02:00 PM
ok, I was being facetious. Please do not kill yourself or anyone else for any reason.

fatcatfan
08-11-2005, 02:07 PM
What does your brother think about it?

Where do the child support checks come from?

Lilith
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
ok, I was being facetious. Please do not kill yourself or anyone else for any reason.

Hahaha I love you <3

Z3r0x7
08-12-2005, 02:47 PM
What does your brother think about it?

Where do the child support checks come from?

My brother doesn't care. Child support is comeing from my little brother and sisters dad.

Breaker
08-12-2005, 09:52 PM
I'd beat you if I were your mother/father too. Just FYI. Maybe you could get a job and start saving up to eventually move out on your own and support yourself? Or is that too unrealistic?

Machiavelli
08-12-2005, 10:04 PM
It'll help If you said where you live, as laws differ from state to state.

fatcatfan
08-12-2005, 11:42 PM
What about the other siblings you'd be leaving behind in that situation?

Z3r0x7
08-13-2005, 03:15 AM
I allready said, Wisconsin. Umm Breaker, I'm 16. Can't just move out. Did you read any of what I said?

To fatcatfan, I have one brother and one sister, same age.

Breaker
08-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Umm Breaker, I'm 16. Can't just move out. Did you read any of what I said?

Yes, did you read what I said? No, no you didn't. You failed. I told you to get a fucking job and work your ass off for the next few years until you CAN move out.

Z3r0x7
08-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, did you read what I said? No, no you didn't. You failed. I told you to get a fucking job and work your ass off for the next few years until you CAN move out.

Uhhhh, the point was to move out now. I have a job. And will be ready to move out when I'm 18.

Machiavelli
08-13-2005, 04:35 PM
I allready said, Wisconsin.
guess I wasn't paying attention.

Not every state has emancipation laws, and Wisconsin is one that does not. There is no statue in Wisconsin under which a minor can petition the court for early emancipation.

But don't get your hopes up...

Although there are no specific laws in the state of Wisconsin that relate to early emancipation of a minor, that does not mean a petition cannot be filed. In states that do not have emancipation statutes the cases are adjudicated on an individual basis, even minors cannot be denied their equal rights under the Constitution. You will need the assistance of state social services or DFS as an investigation of the circumstances will be required before any legal action can commence.

Well, thats that.

fatcatfan
08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
To fatcatfan, I have one brother and one sister, same age.Yes, but you'd be leaving them behind, to deal with the same situation. Do they feel the same way about your mother?

Breaker
08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
I can see him going before a judge now. "My struggling mother that's trying to raise three children isn't giving me the attention I feel I'm entitled to. Oh FYI, she used to beat me! EMMANCIPATION PLZ!" The angst is overwelming.

Sute
08-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Hm..my mom is really crazy, and she threatened to kick me out, and I had to "smarten up" so I could stay here. But it turns out if you get her to kick you out (without you saying you WANT to be) then she can kick you out, you move in with whoever, and report it to the cops. If you're not over 18, then you're still bound to her by law, because she's still your legal gaurdian. Sooo.. then she'll be fined or put into jail, most likely fined I think, and you have the opportunity to move in with whoever will take you in. I'm planning to move out when I'm 18, 'cuz my mom's just that odd.. and she wants me to go to college.. and I don't want her throwing money away for it... 'cuz it's pointless for what I'm gonna do for my career.

So yea.. if she's dumb, have her kick you out and get her fined :D

Z3r0x7
08-17-2005, 06:02 AM
I can see him going before a judge now. "My struggling mother that's trying to raise three children isn't giving me the attention I feel I'm entitled to. Oh FYI, she used to beat me! EMMANCIPATION PLZ!" The angst is overwelming.

Uhhhh, seeing as you don't live with her you don't know. But you can just keep saying what you want. As you being a mod and all. =/