PDA

View Full Version : How to Submit a Quest to the QDB

JayeM
07-23-2005, 05:35 PM
OK, I'm back (short retirement).

1) Submit complete quests only! The QDB doesn't accept demos, and demos you submit will be deleted.

2) ZC Version: 1.92 is not a ZC version, please include the beta number on quests made with a 1.92 beta.

3) An interesting description and/or story will make your quest more appealing to QDB visitors.

4) A valid link to your quest or zip file is a necessity, submissions without one will be deleted. You cannot link to the quest file on your computer or upload it from there. The quest must be on some web space on the Internet. Some web hosts will not let you link directly to files...in this case, link to your webpage and have a link to the quest/zip file on that page. If it's not possible for you to put you quest file on the Internet, email it to me at [email protected] and note on the quest submission that it has been emailed.

5) Please include from 4 to 6 screenshots with your submission. Good screenshots get people interested in downloading your quest.

6) You email address should be included in case I run into problems processing your submission.

tracemanxp
02-04-2006, 10:10 PM
how do you update your quests

azsxdc
04-26-2006, 04:44 AM
Is the Quest Database down? Me and my friend can't get any quests in.

rocksfan13
04-26-2006, 08:13 AM
No. It's in the process of being fixed.

Pineconn
04-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Tygore said he (and JayeM?) is/are trying hard to get it back up, but Tygore has finals coming up, so studying is the better choice. ;) It will get back up, though.

Tygore
05-06-2006, 06:18 PM
The DB, for all intents and purposes, is currently up. Submissions do work, and quests are being added/updated.

Problems with the PHP are currently affecting screenshots and the right-hand latest update sidebar. I don't have time to deal with the code right now, but I'll try poking around next week. In the meantime, still submit your quests just like you always have. Screenshots are being saved on my hard drive, so don't worry about losing them.

DJ 18 1990
05-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey this guy beter be redy for a nice 3-file Zip in one of his e-mails.
becouse...THE LEGEND OF DJ: TROBLE IN EAST DYLRULE is comming out soon
(Hopefully after sunday or on sunday)
About THE LEGEND OF DJ:
The Link Sprite remained the same.
The Overworld Is Vast and not too hard to get around.
The Mina Deasert Area Has the NOBILE SWORD [L3 SWORD] but you must find out the right path to it though.
The Orignal Name of this Quest was "The Legend of May"
This Quest name was releaced on my PC as a BS TILESET QUEST EDIT.
"THE LEGEND OF MAY: YOU USE LIGHTSABERS INSTEAD OF SWORDS"
Untill I make major chandes or some crazy people want me to releace the BS zelda game with diffrent looking swords then I will releace it.
I am making "The Legend of Mayv2" witch is just "The Legend of DJ" with "New 1st" Tileset used A.K.A. 2.10/2.11test tileset.
This quest was started with Zelda Classic Version 2.10 and will be finished with Zelda Classic 2.11b10
(Thank you for your time)

DJ 18 1990
05-28-2006, 12:52 AM
To Clear up some questions about the 3-file thing the zip will contain:
The Legend of DJ: Troble In East Dylrule.qst (c) 2005-2006 Dylco inc.
The Temple of The Damed.qst (c) 2006 Dylco inc.
The Legend of DJ: Troble In East Dylrule Players Guide.
"The Temple of The Damed" will give you the codes for the Legend of DJ

AlphaDawg
04-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I have a couple questions about the Quest DB:

1) Are we able to see individual ratings for our quests, or just the overall rating? It would appear that this is possible based on discussion in this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102304), but I can't figure out how to do so.
2) Whenever I click "View Comments" on pretty much any quest, a window pops up but it is blank. This happens to me in Firefox, IE, and even Safari. Anybody know why that is?

Sam Atoms
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
2) Whenever I click "View Comments" on pretty much any quest, a window pops up but it is blank. This happens to me in Firefox, IE, and even Safari. Anybody know why that is?

That happens for any quest that doesn't have any comments. You don't have to have a comment for a quest to vote it, like PureZC.

Pineconn
04-29-2008, 08:01 PM
1) Are we able to see individual ratings for our quests, or just the overall rating? It would appear that this is possible based on discussion in this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102304), but I can't figure out how to do so.

Well, no, this is possible only at PureZC. But it's pretty easy to tell that somebody rated your quest a zero if it goes from a 4.40 in 5 votes to a 3.67 in 6 votes. ;)

Dmth[Link]
08-15-2008, 02:19 AM
So how exactly do I go about zipping a quest? I mean I know how to zip files, but I can only see my quest in the quest menu when I open ZC or ZQ. So how do I go about getting my quest onto my desktop or some other place where I can zip it.
It's not that I'm done, I only started a few weeks ago and just got a new computer, so I want to work on it on there, instead of staying at my old one.
But I DO plan to submit it someday, so thanks in advance for any help.

erm2003
08-15-2008, 09:57 AM
The easy way if you are using Windows:

1. Right click the file
2. Go to Send To --> Compressed (Zipped) Folder

You can also select multiple files to go into this folder so if you want to include any guides or read me files you can do that as well.

Elmensajero
08-15-2008, 06:59 PM
I know how to zip files, but I can only see my quest in the quest menu when I open ZC or ZQ. So how do I go about getting my quest onto my desktop or some other place where I can zip it.

Usually the place where ZQ will save the quest is in the same folder where it was installed. I can't remember where the default location that it is installed in is, but (at least for Windows XP) if you go to where it is in the start menu, right click the link, and select "Properties", the address in the "Target:" box is where it is located on your system.

erm2003
08-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah, slightly misread it. The zip file should show up in the same folder as the file you zipped unless you specify a different location. Try it out. You will see it's pretty easy to use.

Dmth[Link]
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Cool, I zipped and emailed myself the quest. It works perfectly on my new computer. Thanks guys.