PDA

View Full Version : Mario Duck Hunt!

idontknow
07-23-2005, 12:41 PM
I think they should make a new Duck Hunt game, but with 3D graphics & more modes of play, featuring mario and a new gun controller! The gun should be way more acurrate and when playing, a cross hair appears on the screen where the gun is pointing so you actually know where you'll be shooting.

Game modes:

--Hunting Tournament: Play several rounds of shooting, trying to get the best score each round, with many computer competitors, featuring a leader board after each round, displaying all the scores.

--Target Contest: Targets appear & disappear on screen and you have to shoot them all within the time limit! Various stages for single player--for 2 players, whoever shoots the most targets wins the match.

--Quick Hunt: Basically you play one round & shoot ducks for a time limit of 30 sec, 1 min, 2min, or 5 min.

--Adventure: Go hunting for ducks through level after level--complete various challenges, like shooting so many ducks in a certain amount of time, or out shooting various opponents you encounter.

--Vs Match: Play a match, with 1 to 4 players. You can choose to play where players alternate turns, or where all players shoot at the same ducks, at the same time. First to so many points wins! Each player needs a gun to play.

--Clay Shooting: For 1 player only, try to shoot all the clay being shot from canons. Destroy so many in order to advance a stage.

--Shooting Range: Here you practice shooting a single stationary target and also can take a tutorial on shooting--a good players for beginners to start!

--Bobomb Blast: In this game, you shoot at various targets/objects/ducks and when you shoot them, the onscreen canon will shoot bobombs at them and can hit multiple things at once!

In addition, to most of the game modes, you can pick a stage to be shooting at, including 'classic stage' which features the 2d graphics & the barking dog! Another stage is a forest where the birds can actually fly behind trees to protect themselves or fly in front of them to make themselves vulnerable to your shots.

Kitsune
07-23-2005, 01:56 PM
It may be alright as a teen rated game developed by another company, but I think nintendo themselves would be afraid to bring it back these days, as all of their homebrewn games have practically gone 100% child friendly. I would play a 3D remake like that, though. :)

Darth Marsden
07-23-2005, 02:29 PM
That would rock. Not sure where Mario would come into it though...

idontknow
07-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Well it'd be like the original, no blood or violence, another than hunting ducks--& i'm pretty sure nintendo made the original, just as it does Mario & i think if u give any game a title with "Mario" in it, people tend to be more interested & it appeals to a broader scope of people. Where Mario would fit, maybe on screen he points a rifle & aims at the ducks--or maybe it won't be a Mario game, but has mario-esque qualities, such as in its minigames & other modes.

Strider1982
07-23-2005, 03:54 PM
I'd only play a new Duck Hunt game if they kept the laughing dog from the original. I remember playing DH when I was a kid and I was always trying to find a way to shoot the dog.

I'm not sure that ALL Nintendo games are 100% child-friendly. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess looks like it might be aiming at an older audience than some of Nintendo's other recent efforts. But that's just my opinion. LoZ: TP is also the first "T"-rated Zelda game according to IGN.

If they did make a new Duck Hunt, it would be interesting to see if Nintendo would actually release an updated "Zapper" gun.

bonegolem
08-04-2005, 03:55 PM
You say the new Duck Hunt should have a more accurate gun with a cross hair on the screen? Then in that case, the NES Duck Hunt was more "realistic" than what you want. The zapper is a pistol (very innacurate handgun) and you had to actually aim down the barrel of the zapper instead of look where the crosshair is. It required your attention on the gun and on the screen.

I think there's a flash game on some website that lets you shoot the duck hunt dog.

Darth Marsden
08-04-2005, 05:11 PM
You say the new Duck Hunt should have a more accurate gun with a cross hair on the screen? Then in that case, the NES Duck Hunt was more "realistic" than what you want. The zapper is a pistol (very innacurate handgun) and you had to actually aim down the barrel of the zapper instead of look where the crosshair is. It required your attention on the gun and on the screen.

I think there's a flash game on some website that lets you shoot the duck hunt dog. I demand that you find it and post a link immediately. I hate that f**king dog.

King Aquamentus
08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
That's a wonderful Idea! Many sports that were early (early as in a picture of the game and a label on an outer space background) NES games have also been Mario titles. (Mario pinball, Mario Tennis, the upcoming Mario Baseball...). So, why not Mario Duck hunt?

...and here you go, a link to the anti-dog Duck Hunt. (Dog hunt?)

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/duckhunt/default.php

BTW there was a BS (Bandai Sattleview) Excitebike starring Mario characters.

Darth Marsden
08-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Ahhh.... that's so much better. Thanks man, that dog really got on my nerves.

Warlock
08-06-2005, 07:20 PM
*cough* It's called Yoshi's Safari *cough*

:)

Nicholas Steel
02-18-2006, 08:19 AM
considering how zapper guns are setup nowadays it would be very hard to implement a gun that doesnt require setting up first altho that would be brilliant if they did make such a gun for the ps2/3

Warlock
02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Quit bumping old topics