PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions on Pure tile set.

Kingboo30
07-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Well 1 is at the bottom are the people they are surronded in a pink background. Even when I test the quest. How would you change the color background. the second is when link is walking up. he faces down. When he's walking down, he's looking to the right. Any conclusions. And this is in 1.92 Beta 83. and for a custom music. All that appears in the music file is my rhapsody but not the midis even though they are there. My quest would be more boring without them.

Zelda_Warrior
07-22-2005, 02:13 PM
To answer your first question, you put the people on layers so that the pink backround becomes invisible. The pink stuff is transparent when it's on layers.

ShadowTiger
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
... Hm. Okay, let's try to sort these problems out one by one then. o.o

First of all, you can change the color set that you're working with by pressing Keypad plus or minus. Remember this. ;)

You can find a list of the color sets that you're working with by going to Quest-->Graphics-->Palette-->Level, and looking at the level palette that you're currently on. And to find out which level palette you're currently on, In the main ZQuest screen, press F4. You'll see the number there.

So Keypad plus and minus will change Csets. Note that Csets 2, 3, 4, and 9, (9 has to do with game sprites, where 2, 3, and 4, are usually having to do with terrain and scenery.) are the level-dependent ones, and are the ones that usually change between Palettes.

So if you're trying to make an area that's darker than the rest of the areas, you'd make a new Palette, and copy the colors from your previous Palette, but make the colors in the new palette darker. Your new area would use that new palette.

1 is at the bottom are the people they are surronded in a pink background. Even when I test the quest. How would you change the color background.I assume that you're just slapping these people down straight from the combo page onto the screen, and they still have a pink background? That's not quite how to do that. Understandable though. ^_^' Okay, know that the pink background, is the "transparent" background that those sprites have. Why doesn't it look transparent? That, is because the game operates on layers. If these sprites were on layer 1, you could simply see right through the transparent background, and it would look like they're on layer 0. How do you put these onto layers? I'll show you how.

To put something onto a layer, and display it onto your current screen, go to another screen that you know you (as the player) will never be walking on. It doesn't matter where it is, really. Slap down this sprite that you want layered onto another screen in the same place where it'll go on the screen you want it to appear.

Make sure that the rest of the screen has perfectly black, transparent tiles on it. Well, it doesn't have to be BLACK, as long as it's transparent. How do you know if it's transparent? Rigth click on the combo, then go to "Edit Combo." Click on the picture of the combo in the upper left corner, then press keypad plus or minus a few times. If it looks the same as the background, then it's transparent. If it doesn't change to the same color as the background, then you've got a black tile there, which isn't usable for layering.

Anyway, let's get back to the layering thing. Look at the screen where you just applied your sprite. Look at the map and screen number. Now go back to where you wanted the sprite to appear. Go to Data-->Layers. Go to layer 1, and type in the map and screen number in their respective boxes.

Now, here's a bit of info for you. Why are there 7 layers? Layer 1 and 2 appear below Link. (Like Grass.) Layers 3 and 4 appear above Link (like an archway) but enemies can fly over it. Layers 5 and 6 are like weather. Enemies fly below it too. Now, if there are 7 layers, what is the seventh layer? The seventh layer is acutally BELOW Layer 1, and is called layer 0. It's the layer that you're slapping down all these terrain combos on. :p

Okay, so did your sprite appear? If it didn't, tell me exactly what you did during all this.

the second is when link is walking up. he faces down. When he's walking down, he's looking to the right.Ah. You probably misplaced the Link Tiles. Take a look at This (http://www.purezc.com/Tiles/t186s1.gif). See how the Link Tiles are arranged. Move your own Link Tiles to match that. ;) (Minus the third row. I just did that for display of alternate tiles.) You can use C to copy a tile (Or a group of tiles if you select multiple ones by holding in shift and clicking.) Then press "M" to move them to another place in the tiles page.

And this is in 1.92 Beta 183. and for a custom music. All that appears in the music file is my rhapsody but not the midis even though they are there. My quest would be more boring without them.Hm. Are you sure that you're importing them into your Quest, not just having them in the same folder as your quest? It's a good idea to bring them into the same folder as your quest though, just so you know they're there. Once they're there, go to Quest-->Midis and go to a blank space, enter it, then click on Load. Find your midi, select it, and press Okay. It's now in your quest! :kawaii: Okay, now, to actually have your music referred to by an area in your quest, you'll want to go to the Dmap of that area by going to Quest-->Dmaps, then going to the Dmap you want, go to the Music Tab, then choose the midi from the pulldown bar. The pulldown bar look at the Quest-->Midis area, BTW, not your folder that the quest is stored in. ;)

Hope that answers your questions. :) If you need clarification, please ask. :)

Kingboo30
07-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Alright I'll try that. I'll edit this if anything goes wrong.