PDA

View Full Version : British police!!! Watchout!

Verman
07-22-2005, 09:55 AM
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/EE0C3818-1A5E-4CD4-8C74-FE33FF465641.htm

Police shoot man dead on London train
Friday 22 July 2005, 14:49 Makka Time, 11:49 GMT

The man shot was trying to board a train on Friday

Police have confirmed that they shot dead a man in an underground train station in south London.

The man was shot apparently while trying to board a train on Friday morning at Stockwell station in south London.

The circumstances of the shooting were not immediately clear.

London's Metropolitan Police declined to comment further on the incident, which comes a day after London's transport system was attacked by four apparently failed attempts to repeat the deadly blasts of 7 July.

British Transport Police said the Northern and Victoria Tube lines, which pass through Stockwell, had been suspended.

Passengers said that a man - described as South Asian - ran on to a train. They said police chased him, he tripped, then they shot him.

"They pushed him on to the floor and unloaded five shots into him. He's dead," witness Mark Whitby told the BBC. "He looked like a cornered fox. He looked petrified," said Whitby.

Whitby said it did not look like the man was carrying anything but said he was wearing a thick coat that looked padded.

Police said several Tube lines have been suspended

"We were on the Tube, and then we suddenly heard someone say 'get out, get out' and then we heard gunshots," said passenger Briony Coetsee.

Alistair Drummond, of the London Ambulance Service, said paramedics had been called to the station at 10.10am (0910 GMT).

There were at least 20 of them (officers) and they were carrying big black guns," said Chris Wells, 28. "The next thing I saw was this guy jump over the barriers and the police officers were chasing after him and everyone was just shouting 'get out, get out!'"

Steezy20
07-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Good. Finally, we're taking steps against the little buggers. Finally, the Police are becoming less incompetant. Finally, the police are on the steets, not eating doughnuts in an office. Take no shit Police. ;p

Verman
07-22-2005, 10:09 AM
So far they havent said whether or not he was even a terroist... Maybe he was just wearing a thick jacket? maybe the killed an innocent guy! Then agian maybe the bastard deserved to be shot!

I will make sure I note not to run from police in britian.

MacWeirdo42
07-22-2005, 10:17 AM
'Bout time the rest of the world catches up to us here in the States. Still can't top the guy in New York who had several clips unloaded into him for reaching for his wallet (and just happened to be black). You know, I really think the rule should be that if you have to reload, then you've shot him enough. Yup, I don't feel safe unless I know the police are out there pumping random people on the streets full of lead.

Verman
07-22-2005, 10:28 AM
OOOOOooOo not to post alot in my own thread but do you have a link to that macwierdo?

MacWeirdo42
07-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah, here is a Wikipedia entry on the incident. It happened a while back, and was all over the news when it happened. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Diallo_(shooting_victim)

Gerudo
07-22-2005, 11:52 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/britain_underground;_ylt=AiLHBO7Q_TxkxzNu2Ginemis0 NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

i saw that too...

Good. Finally, we're taking steps against the little buggers. Finally, the Police are becoming less incompetant. Finally, the police are on the steets, not eating doughnuts in an office. Take no shit Police.
seriously? the brit police knock a seemingly random guy to the ground and unload a round of bullets into him, then offer NO explanation why? oh yeah, less incompetent indeed.

oh no! he was running and wearing a padded coat! we knocked him to the ground and could have easily cuffed and detained him! no sir! we must make him die now!

competent? i think not. i'm going to wait for the reason why...

it reminds of the patriot act, where you can be detained for no reason, and for any length of time without any explanation whatsoever... go anti-terrorism! go forfeiting our personal securities in favor of your neighbor having no privacy!

Dart Zaidyer
07-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Wait a minute, since when were British police armed with guns? I totally missed out on that.

Breaker
07-22-2005, 01:02 PM
You probably missed it because you weren't even born yet. http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/20/newsid_2510000/2510539.stm

1965: British police to be issued with tear gas
Britain's police are to be armed with tear gas guns and grenades to be used against armed criminals or dangerous individuals.
British police carry guns or tear gas to deal with sieges, armed robberies, terrorist attacks or diplomatic duties.

Darth Marsden
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, I certainly feel safe. [/sarcasm]

Steezy20
07-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Gerodu, then why was the guy running from the Police? He obviously had something to hide.
If you were a policeman with a gun, chasing an asian man, very similar to a bunch of guys that had recently devastated your own city, who looked like he was concealing a bomb, would you wait to see if he DID blow up a train? I wouldn't, I'd pop a cap in his head... or five.

Master Ghaleon
07-23-2005, 05:36 PM
"Police searched the victim's home prior to determining he wasn't involved in the attempted bombings. (Reuters)

"Killing Adds to City's Anxieties
Investigators say the man killed by British officers in a subway shooting had nothing to do with Thursday's bomb attacks. Londoners say the incident makes them more fearful in a city already on edge."

Gerudo
07-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Gerodu, then why was the guy running from the Police? He obviously had something to hide.
If you were a policeman with a gun, chasing an asian man, very similar to a bunch of guys that had recently devastated your own city, who looked like he was concealing a bomb, would you wait to see if he DID blow up a train? I wouldn't, I'd pop a cap in his head... or five.
First of all, it's GERUDO. Second, of course you see if he has a bomb. You're basically saying that he looked like, therefore was.

Your last statement basically is one of pure discrimination. Don't know what I mean? Try this:

"Dude, some asian guy popped the tires to my car, now I think I'm going to hate their whole race just because of that one guy."

Sound familiar? It's what we've done with Muslims. So, Steezy, you're right, lets add another race to those who are discriminated against on a daily basis.

Oops, since they ain't white, they ain't right.

Stop with your ignorant sense of reality.

Verman
07-23-2005, 06:24 PM
The retards threw him on the ground and then shot him 5 times...an innocent man...

Wow.

mikeron
07-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Moral: don't run from the cops. Ask any black person.

Steezy20
07-24-2005, 12:02 PM
GERUDO, how the hell can "you see if he has a bomb" when he is running full pelt onto a train? It takes less than a second to detonate a bomb and he wasn't going to stop for anyone. It's either one person dies, or you risk getting about 30 people killed, infrastructure destroyed, tourism down the drain, the economy down the drain. Get that chip off your shoulder, if whites were blowing my country up, I'd take the piss out of them. They all follow the same book.