View Full Version : Demo For My Quest Is Now Available

jessethe2nd
07-22-2005, 03:30 AM
You can go to my site or check the quest DB for
The Legend Of Zelda (Tenative Title)

www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd

ms_zelda_lady
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Went to your site and saw the screenshots. They look really nice. I'm downloading your demo as I post this. You might want to include on your website the Zelda version that we use to play the demo.

ms_zelda_lady

rocksfan13
07-22-2005, 03:35 PM
So you know, the Zbase has nobody posting for it yet.

ms_zelda_lady
07-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Tried your demo but gave up after a few deaths. You might want to think twice about putting in a blue wizzrobe in the first dungeon or having too many hard enemies all in one room. Its too hard fighting them all with a wooden sword and no shield.

ms_zelda_lady

ZeldaLord
07-22-2005, 05:46 PM
I take it this is your first quest, right?
It's okay for a first try, but there are a few problems I should point out.

Firstly, there were a few combo misaligns, which could be a problem (notably on the 3rd screen).
Secondly, all green overworld screens are not a good idea, and you should also consider blocking off the parts of the overworld which aren't complete yet.
The dungeon was, unfortunately, a little bland. Add a few puzzles, and vary your rooms more. The newfirst dungeon set isn't the most extensive, so perhaps you should consider switching (or adding more objects)?

Overall, a good try, but could do with some improvement. ;)

jessethe2nd
07-22-2005, 10:32 PM
I agree with you completely and as for the blue wizrobe I was thinking about it after I put the thing up and decided to take the thing out. I am revamping the over all look a bit and as for the miss aligned combo I am assuming you mean the glitch where you grab the bomb in the beginning and go into the the temple and apear at the bottom of the screen when you enter the dungeon. First of all I forgot to take the bomb out, it was just there for testing the quest, and I know the first dungeon is a bit bland but that is because i am just trying to get the layout of the quest finished before I add all the bells and whistles. Thanks for your feed back, that is why I posted the quest at shuch an early stage. By the way I am currently posting a new quest with the changes expect it in an hour if your interested. By the way I am also adding faeori's wind to the quest, It will make sense if you listen to the message at the begining of the the temple and once you reach the boss.

Fabiano the Spy
07-22-2005, 10:45 PM
VERY Impressive, good work ;) I like the shots you posted, why tileset are you using?

jessethe2nd
07-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks Actually I am not sure what tileset it is my friend downloaded it and gave it to me because at the time I did not have internet access but he did tell me that he got it from purezc.com. But I have added many of my own tiles and modified many of the tiles so it would not be the exact same tileset on the site, but it would be similair. and i have made the revisions to the quest. fixed mis aligned combos I kept the blue wizard but I did make some modications to the room he is located. ;)

jessethe2nd
07-23-2005, 04:22 AM
Opps exnay on the farories wind thought that they finally made it do something but I guess not but I found a way around that. The revised demo is up and I have made a made a few modifications to the dungeon sorry it was not sooner but I ran into several problems when I made the revisions. My boss for the dungeon flat out vanished. spent a bit trying to fix it and finally fixed it by recopying my boss rooms and moving the tile warps to the new rooms and creating a new dmap. It was rather strange that the boss disapeared because I had made no changes to the boss rooms or the dmap it was on and it was there prior to my revisions. Any ideas? :odd: Any ways everthing seems to be running smoothly. so give it a try and tell me if you find any glitches E-mail me or post it on my site in the guest book (which will in turn e-mail it to me.

batosaijosh
07-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Hi, I downloaded your quest and I liked it. I died 3 or 4 times though. When I made it to that room with all the blocks down the sides and the manhandala and darknuts I ran in and starting slashing. then I died. I went back and I realized you are supposed to shot the blocks with your wand, then the whole room filed up with magic, then I died. Then I realized that you are supossed to stand on the green tiles when the magic is flying around. I also died when I made It to the room with the wizrobe but I walked back in and it shot a blast of magic and hit a block and it killed itself! Then finnally I died at the last boss. It is frekin hard! Why do you have such a hard boss at the begining of the game? Now that I think about it I want to ask you a couple things I want to ask.

1- what did you mean on your site that you still have to airbrush the game?

2- Why did you put the mirror sheild in the first level? :odd:

jessethe2nd
07-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks Im glad you liked it. What I mean by airbrush is go through and add all the pretty scenery and Improve on some of the stuff I currently have in there. Second actually I did not intend to have the mirror sheild in the first level, I actually ment to put the magic sheild there but I did not realize untill I read your post. Now that you brought up the
"airbrushing I will probably do a screen or two and post a video of it on my site, I could use a screen shot but it would not show the animations very well.

zelda777
09-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I loved it. :D :)

jessethe2nd
09-10-2005, 12:44 AM
New screens are up! I haver been working for a while on the quest and in my opinion it paid of. Check em out and tell me what you think. :cool:

www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd

ZeldaLord
09-10-2005, 05:03 AM
They look quite good. :) Maybe you should release a demo, though, so people can judge it properly instead of just going by screenshots.

Freedom
09-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Did I hear you say you were going to add this to the database?
I believe they only want finished complete quests in there.

Farore's wind works fine, you just need to add the crystal to Graphics>Sprites>Items

Nice screenshots.

elise
09-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Played the Demo atleast till the room filled with Gibdo's (zombies )
If you don't have magic you can't do anything there , tried by getting out and in the dungeon and killing enemies a few times to get some but nope .
Maybe you can sell some in the shop :shrug:

Zelda_Warrior
09-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Nice graphics, also some hard spots, but the overall diffuculty isn't that bad. The gameplay is a bit bland though.

But for a first quest this is outstanding.

jessethe2nd
09-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Ok, I'm just gonna put up a list of every change that I have made since the last demo and a list of things I am going to try to implement.

-------------------------Changes--------------------------

1- The first dungeon is completely gone, did not care much for it. As said by several people it is a little bland.
2- New look, tosses the old single color grass and went for what you see in the screens, new water, added trees and more less significant things like flying birds and butterflies.
3- New starting location in both the storyline and the game.
4- added various new areas, modified shops.
5- The houses are much more detailed and have 4-8 screens instead of one or two.
6- Link has a new look.
7- Ghinis now disappear.
8- More puzzles.
9- There is now a short sub level before the new level one which brings me to the final change.
10- New level one. Think of it more as a LTTP setup much longer and larger but not exedingly difficult but it offers a challenge.

-----------------------Future additions---------------------

1- A repeating overworld, the world is round not flat and I can prove it.
2- More npcs.
3- A story teller.
4- More shops.
5- More levels than I had originally intended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be posting a new version of the demo pretty soon. just need to finish level one and work out a few glitches. Expect it in about two weeks.

Zelda_Warrior
09-11-2005, 10:43 AM
To do the looping overworld just put side warps that go to the opposite end if the map at every screen at the edge of the map.

jessethe2nd
09-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks, but unfortunately it not that simple, thanks anyway. :)

Zelda_Warrior
09-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Heh, it actually is that simple if you think about it. I would like to this in my quest, and if i'm wrong, then tell me a better way to do it or a working way.

jessethe2nd
09-12-2005, 09:43 PM
No it may be that simple for me but I have a massive overworld in mind, 8 or 9 maps. Depending on how many I have to create I will need to set up the warps in a different way. But yes, It can be very simple :) and also very complex :evil: :evil: .

Mystic Link
09-12-2005, 10:11 PM
It's not bad man... thumbs up to the Demo.

But if that's the 1st level, you might wanna tweak down a couple of things. Very good though :cool:

jessethe2nd
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Please refer to post 18

jessethe2nd
09-21-2005, 01:06 AM
I am going to be posting a new demo in about a week. Just got to finish level 1. Not much left to do. Anyway demo goes up as soon as level one is done and playable.

Might as well give you a vague discription of the first level. Haunted Cave/ Interdimesional rift thing. Easy yet annoying first sub boss. Large room, mix between side scrolling and standard play.

Overall I would say that it requires some strategy and patience unless you wish to spend a few lives. Hope you guys will like it.

Here is the web address www.geocities.com/jessethe2nd