PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Spurlock

Monica
07-20-2005, 07:02 PM
He is the guy who made the documentary "Supersize Me" and now he has his show called 30 Days on FX where he puts people (and sometimes himself) in opposite situations. I think that's awesome, and he deserves much more respect for trying to educate the American public than a certain other documentarian who shall remain nameless...

I'd like to discuss a few things I saw on his show that I got to thinking about.

Minimum Wage He said they keep trying to raise it but it keeps getting rejected. I've not thought about it to much, but after watching his experiance, and hearing what he had to say, it looks like it really needs raising...:(

Racial ProfilingI'm white and I don't think I'd mind being stopped at the airports or whatever as long as it meant helping the country stay safe. As long as they aren't mean to you, I don't see anything wrong with it.

What do y'all think?

Darth Marsden
07-21-2005, 04:43 AM
I think I'm glad I don't live in America.

I haven't watched this show - could you tell me some of the things he's done on it? It sounds interesting.

Dart Zaidyer
07-21-2005, 05:11 AM
This is a neat show, but I kind of resent the "Christian hangs out with Muslims" episode. The guy they picked seems more like fodder than a strong and thoughtful person out to see how they work, which is the general premise of the show.

Monica
07-21-2005, 11:08 AM
I think I'm glad I don't live in America.

I haven't watched this show - could you tell me some of the things he's done on it? It sounds interesting.

Well he sends people into situations for 30 days for them to learn about wherever they're going. A few examples are: Morgan and his girlfriend going to live on minimum wage, this guy who took steroids to see if he could stay young (it messed up his liver so he quit early but it got back to normal afterwords), a Christian going to live in a Muslim-American community with a host family, and another Christian going to live in a gay community with a gay guy.