PDA

View Full Version : Aranos, City of Darkness - Characters

Darth Marsden
07-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Characters taking part > Who introduced them

Jeral Drason, Princess Avencis, Reginald Geris, Inara Terasic - Darth Marsden (Quest Founder)
Kelli - VT_Hokie_Fan

Is is really worth me starting a proper, SERIOUS community story, or will people just start being silly? I want to try for a good adventure that stays interesting, but I'm afraid people will start messing around and it's not going to work.

To try and determine if it's really worth it, I'll ask people to create a character they'd use if I did start a story proper. I'll give my main one here, and we'll see how it goes. If I get a few good responses, I'll start the story in a new thread.

Please take this seriously - I tried one on a different forum, but it got silly and I ended up shutting it down. I hope it won't happen here, since you've got plenty of other threads to mess around in. Fingers crossed.

Name: Jeral Drason
Sex: Male
Alignment: Neutral Good
Occupation: Royal Guard and Official Instuctor to her Royal Highness, the Princess Avencis
Family: None - both parents perished when young. Raised by the Royal Guards, to which his father had belonged
History: Jeral has been in the Royal Guard since he was sixteen, and has earned his rank as Official Instructor due to his close friendship to the Princess while growing up in the Guard. He is currently training her in the art of self-defense, due to the rise of violent conflicts throughout the western world. He is a charmng man who is well aware of his limits, and is rarely seen without a cheerful look on his face. He is skilled in the use of many weapons, but in combat he is often seen to prefer attacking with a pair of short swords, which he uses with deadly effectiveness. A strong young man who, given time, will make a fine Captain of the Royal Guard.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Name:Kelli
Age-19
Sex:F
Allignment:Chaotic Evil
Bio-(None of my posts will be too confusing, and I hope no one else's are either. Build the story slow.) Was a very joyous, exciting girl when she was 16, but she slowly started to become evil after her mother was raped and murdered by a few Royal Guards(not ^'s character). She is very beautiful, but doesn't show her face. No body knows that she is female, and she is wanted by every military unit on the planet. She is known as "The Crimson Wolf" after her quick speed and agility with her weapons. She uses a Bow/Arrow combination and two chakra(chakras?). She has her own army. Clothes consist of a dark crimson cape, a dark crimson blouse, crimson pants, and a crimson mask that looks like a wolf. She likes crimson alot. And every crimson is the same shade.
(even if no one else joins, me and you can still make a story. I mean, look at the person above you. It's basically CR and DBH.)

Darth Marsden
07-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Well, it'll certainly be interesting if it is just you and me, VT. That said, I'll hold out for a few more days, just in case anyone else decides to join in the party.

Since this is my quest (ooo, feel the power), there's a chance I may be a little too controlling. Let me know if I am. I have a habit of wanting everything to be perfect. I'll try to control it, but feel free to slap my wrists if I get too hands-on.

Anyway, here's two more characters I'll be controlling, although nowhere near as much as Jeral. Think of them as 'Secondary Characters', if you will. Note that I'll also be controlling Princess Avencis, although I don't want to say anything about her here. It'll be more interesting to create her past when the time comes.

Name: Regenald Geris
Sex: Male
Alignment: Unknown, but probably Chaotic Neutral
Family: Unknown
History: Unknown - he doesn't like to talk about it, for obvious reasons. He does, however, have strong connections to the kingdom of Rivera, located to the South of Aranos.

Name: Inara Terasic
Sex: Female
Alignment: True Neutral
Family: Mother Seris, Father Nathan, Sisters Melessana & Presentis
History: Inara grew up in a happy home, and left when she was 16 to make her own way in the world. After a brief stint as a barmaid, she left to travel the world. During her travels, she became a skilled hunter, and uses her handmade bow to defend herself only when required. She has a strong belief system and entrusts that everything happens for a reason, even if there appears to be none. Recently she allowed herself to be courted by a young warrior named Yunis Fallow, but it ended badly when he was forced to return to his ill father in Aranos. Although he holds a place in her heart, she still leads her own life.

EDIT: Just had an idea. If it's okay with everyone, I'll make a list of who's taking part and who they'll be bringing to the quest at the top of my initial post for easy reference.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Go ahead and start. Anyone else who wants to play can jump in.

Darth Marsden
07-27-2005, 07:23 AM
Okay then. The new thread awaits!