PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 to PS3 and Xbox 360

King Link
07-20-2005, 05:37 PM
RESIDENT EVIL 5 - PS3 and XBOX 360 (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/635/635113p1.html)

I'm honestly surprised that the game hasn't been announced for Revolution considering RE4's GameCube reception; then again, the article talks about how Capcom wants to use high definition for the title, which I'm sure we all know by now Revolution won't support. In addition, Capcom is pushing the power of the PS3 and the Xbox 360, and considering the Revolution supposedly won't be anywhere near as powerful, and RE4 never sold as well as the Resident Evil games did on PlayStation, then the platform choices do seem to make sense.

Still, I'm looking forward to the game, especially if they decide to stay along the same road RE4 was taking (and that seems to be the case).

Darth Marsden
07-20-2005, 06:13 PM
I haven't played RE4 yet (Determined to crack through the whole series first, but just can't motivate myself to do it!), so I've no idea what it plays like. Still, it'd be a shame if it didn't come out on a Nintendo console, since I've got the whole series so far. I'd hate to have my collection ruined by a decision such as this. Ah well, ce la vie.

Daarkseid
07-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Fucking capcom. It was their decision to bring their RE series to the GC that made me buy a GC(honestly, I wouldn't own a GC right now without the RE series).

Now it seems I'm going to be buying a PS3 or X360 when I had plans for owning neither.

Darth Marsden
07-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, it's the PS2's having loads of platformers/light-gun capacities that will lead to me getting one when my sister leaves for Uni and takes hers with her.

Orion
07-21-2005, 12:01 AM
This suprises you guys how?

AlexMax
07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
This revolution will not be televised.

And I hope that Capcom's efforts on 360 games are better than their Xbox games. God, never seen such a gigantic fountain of suck than I have from Capcom's Xbox library.

vegeta1215
07-21-2005, 01:50 AM
I had a feeling someone was going to post about this...

We hardly know anything about the Revolution, so it's no surprise to me that Capcom hasn't said anything about it. But, given how well RE4 has done on the Gamecube, and the fact that the RE team knows how to program very well on the Gamecube (and that programming on the Revolution is supposably similar), I think it would be foolish to count out Nintendo's next gen platform.

UPDATE: I checked out the short RE5 trailer on IGN (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/734/734381/vids_1.html). It does look good, but not tremendously better than any game I've seen from this generation.

MottZilla
07-28-2005, 12:24 AM
If the screenshot (the 3rd one) is supposed to be real time, it is a significant step up in detail from RE4. You know one of the reasons the revolution isn't mentioned might simply be because the Revolution itself isn't really all that detailed yet. It could very well be on revolution too. The Revolution should have enough power to do it.

Daarkseid
07-28-2005, 01:10 AM
The main argument explaining its release only on X360 and PS3 is that the revolution is still largely under wraps, and it would be reasonable to think that Capcom is withholding an announcement for the Revolution until they're certain the machine is capable of what they plan for RE5.

However the desire for HD might also just as easily suggest a release only for HD capable X360 and PS3.

MottZilla
07-28-2005, 03:22 PM
If the game requires HD, I think it will sell really badly. Still to this day very few people have HD TVs.

Orion
07-28-2005, 07:03 PM
No games will "require" HD, its just an added bonus for those who have HD-capable TV's. Thus why I don't understand why Nintendo won't embrace HD. It's not leaving anyone behind. Anyway, I'm not gunna get into that.

Personally, I don't think this game will make it to Revo. What will happen, the PS3 and 360 versions will release, with a Revolution port announced later. Eventually, they will cancel it because of fear of it selling bad. That's just my theory, anyway.

Darth Marsden
07-29-2005, 04:01 PM
No games will "require" HD, its just an added bonus for those who have HD-capable TV's. Thus why I don't understand why Nintendo won't embrace HD. It's not leaving anyone behind. Anyway, I'm not gunna get into that.

Personally, I don't think this game will make it to Revo. What will happen, the PS3 and 360 versions will release, with a Revolution port announced later. Eventually, they will cancel it because of fear of it selling bad. That's just my theory, anyway. Not a bad theory, but I disagree. Ninty & Capcom have a good relationship, and judging by the sales of RE4, it'd be a bit stupid not to port it over. Hope they do it sooner rather then later though.

Grasshopper
08-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Well, who knows. But this was on Gamespot

As expected, Resident Evil 5 will take advantage of the PS3's and Xbox 360's high-definition graphics.

So where does that put Revolution? If thats the case, it doesn't seem like they would want it on the Revolution.

Takeuchi avoided revealing the character's identity, but did mention that the core developers of RE5 include members of the original RE team, and that the character is someone that the developers are fond of.

Many speculate that the character is Chris Redfield, the hero from the original Resident Evil.

When told that the unshaven man looked a bit too old to be Mr. Redfield, Takeuchi said that the Resident Evil timeline has continued on, and the hardware capabilities of the next-generation consoles are finally allowing characters to look as old as they're supposed to.

Takeuchi confirmed that that RE5 will be an authentic sequel to the series' main plot rather than a side story (as Resident Evil 4 was), and the developers are considering some kind of a conclusion to the franchise's storyline.

Just some of the highlights of the article. Does this mean it could be the end of RE? Or just the end of anything zombie related? And is it in fact Chris that we see? I guess there could be some similarities...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/residentevil5/news_6130166.html

Darth Marsden
08-03-2005, 07:52 AM
I hope it is the end. Considering the number of spin-offs and sequels that have come out, I guess there's around 10-15 different Resident Evil games, and that's just ridiculous.

Daarkseid
08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
The spin-offs, like Gun-survivor or whatever, don't count; their storylines are explicitly separate from RE's storyline.

The outbreak games would fall into the storyline, if only that they show how various unrelated characters handle escaping the zombie menace in Raccoon City. These don't have much bearing on the plot. Other than maybe revealing some minor details(like the fact they reveal the RPD building used to be an art museum, partially explaining the bizarre architecture and puzzles found in RE2).

The actual plot has only been the focus of 6 games. They probably should work on concluding the storyline(and finally reveal that god damn organization Wesker joined). However an end to the series would be dissappointing.