PDA

View Full Version : My School Makes Headlines...again.

Machiavelli
07-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Well, the title says it all...

Click here for full story (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/329876p-281844c.html)

And for the clicking impaired:

No wonder they call it Robeson High.

A marijuana plant was found firmly rooted in a flower bed in the courtyard of Paul Robeson High School in Brooklyn yesterday, school officials said.

Assistant Principal Winston McCarthy ripped the leafy pot plant from a wooden container outside the Bedford-Stuyvesant school at 11:20 a.m. - leaving behind a heap of dirt amidst the black-eyed Susans, purple cornflowers and tickseed.

All the plants were labeled - except for the marijuana.

Your thoughts?

Glitch
07-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Kill the principal for ripping up a perfectly good marijuana plant.

carrot red
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
But it doesn't say how they found out about it, the fact that it isn't labeled isn't enough unless they were looking for it.

No wonder "only 55% of Robeson's students graduated in four years."

(Glad to see my *link clicking impaired* put to use.)

ShadowTiger
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
My thoughts? I now know yet another forum-user who lives near me. :p Dude, Mach, I'm on Long Island, 50 minutes away. :p :highfive:

Well, I've definitely seen the school, and some of my former classmates used to go there before they went to where I went. Frankly, from what I had heard about the school from second hand experience from my friends who went there, I'm really not all that surprised. > >. Or at least from what he had conveyed to me.

Machiavelli
07-20-2005, 02:38 PM
One of the teachers probably saw it. I'm guessing Ms. Siegel, since her the plant box is in front of her window.

Edit: Yea,BH4, its a bad school and it's geting worse. Last time the school made the papers and a few news channels because a kid got stabbed in the neck. I wonder what'll happen next...

Sute
07-21-2005, 02:27 AM
Wow, heh, all I have to say is.. the druggies at my school are too dumb to think of that.

Master Ghaleon
07-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Kill the principal for ripping up a perfectly good marijuana plant.

The principal commited murder :(

RIP marijuana - may we smoke ya up in the next life

Great Warrior
07-21-2005, 02:42 AM
It was not very bright to plant it at school and under the window of one of the teachers.

Hateful Dan
07-21-2005, 12:28 PM
My old school made headlines a few years ago just after I got out. One of the guards broke some kid's neck trying to restrain him. My life blows.

Deviance
07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
You know he took half of the plant home and smoked it.

Machiavelli
07-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Great Warrior:
It was not very bright to plant it at school and under the window of one of the teachers.
The whole thing wasn't very bright.

Originally posted by Seanbox344
You know he took half of the plant home and smoked it.
nah. He's too much of a tightass. The Gym teachers prabably wanted some of that for themselves, though.

cyberkitten
07-21-2005, 11:31 PM

well, it couldn't have been that bad of a plan, since the plant was there long enough to have developed an extensive root system. apparently the staff is a lil slow :shrug:

Z3r0x7
07-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Wow, 55%. Mabye they should get away from that weed.