PDA

View Full Version : Remember how I win everything...?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Well, if you do not...I do.

I was the kid that just got through winning $500 worth XBOX stuff...

But today...

I won a 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible from Dr. Pepper...

Congratulations! You have potentially won a MINI Cooper Convertible from Dr Pepper. Based on the winning code you have entered in the Dr Pepper/MINI Cooper Convertible Giveaway, you will be mailed an affidavit/release that you must sign and return within 21 days of receipt in order to receive your prize.

Prize claim remains subject to completion of prize claim process, verification and official rules (http://www.softcoin.com/p/handler?target=general&action=displayPage&sid=530&pageId=241). Be sure to look for the affidavit in your mail in approximately 3 weeks.

Thanks for drinking Dr Pepper and participating in the Dr Pepper/MINI Cooper Convertible Giveaway!

...OH MY GOD! I fucking won a convertible!

goKi
07-20-2005, 01:01 AM
You lucky bastard. I know you win everything. Congratulations.

Glitch
07-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I fucking hate you. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Man, it still has not fucking truly hit me.

I seriously kept saying over and over..."If this is a dream, I better not fucking wake up until I get to drive the thing at least once..."

What sucks is in the rules it says to allow up to twelve months for delivery...GOD, that is so long from now.

But SOME DAY, I will have pics.

What to do? Insurance will be fucking outrageous. May have to sell it and buy something cheaper.

Jesus Christ...I seriously have no fucking clue what to think.

MANDRAG GANON
07-20-2005, 01:10 AM
wow, congratulations man. I wish I won things... I guess I'd have to enter things to win things though. last thing I won was an F1 Race game for the Original GB from Humpty Dumpty chips in like 1994 I htink it was :o

Master Ghaleon
07-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Congrats on your new car. Thats awesome

Deviance
07-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Can you give it to me when it is my birthday?

Dark Knight
07-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Congrats and good luck on trying to afford the gas to fill that thing up.

Breaker
07-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Congrats and good luck on trying to afford the gas to fill that thing up.

Huh? Do minicoopers require some outrageously expensive gas I don't know about?

Dark_Cloud
07-20-2005, 01:58 AM
Dude, you're a major dick. I mean WTF? Are you proud of so many people thinking you're the biggest tool on AGN?

Anyway, dude, that's awsome you won that thing! Insurrance expensive, that's true. Try to figure out something else before you sell it. But man, congrats!

Great Warrior
07-20-2005, 02:28 AM
Congratulations. At least they did not give you a matchbox car llike that 10 Grand prize.

And Dr. Pepper is the best.

Rainman
07-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Dude, you're a major dick. I mean WTF? Are you proud of so many people thinking you're the biggest tool on AGN?

Anyway, dude, that's awsome you won that thing! Insurrance expensive, that's true. Try to figure out something else before you sell it. But man, congrats!

Congratulations on an official flame! I'll give you an official warning in return!

Oh and on topic, congrats!

Gerudo
07-20-2005, 02:37 AM
now you can cruise around town and not be on the internet to brag about your winning a car...

grats, i guess...

King Link
07-20-2005, 03:27 AM
K. I need a car. Send it my way. I'm your bestest bud afterall... right ctrl-something or other?

Congrats.

goKi
07-20-2005, 04:21 AM
K. I need a car. Send it my way. I'm your bestest bud afterall... right ctrl-something or other?

Congrats.

Heh, i actually am his best bud. That's why i want him to keep the car for himself. <3, Kolt.

Archibaldo
07-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Well, if you do not...I do.

I was the kid that just got through winning $500 worth XBOX stuff...

But today...

I won a 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible from Dr. Pepper...

Congratulations! You have potentially won a MINI Cooper Convertible from Dr Pepper. Based on the winning code you have entered in the Dr Pepper/MINI Cooper Convertible Giveaway, you will be mailed an affidavit/release that you must sign and return within 21 days of receipt in order to receive your prize.

Prize claim remains subject to completion of prize claim process, verification and official rules (http://www.softcoin.com/p/handler?target=general&action=displayPage&sid=530&pageId=241). Be sure to look for the affidavit in your mail in approximately 3 weeks.

Thanks for drinking Dr Pepper and participating in the Dr Pepper/MINI Cooper Convertible Giveaway!

...OH MY GOD! I fucking won a convertible!

Fuck you. I can't believe that you actually won, I've never heard of any one actually winning one of those soda commercials. I always thought that there really never was a contest. Did you try shaking the can/bottle to get your minicooper?

goKi
07-20-2005, 08:27 AM
I've never heard of any one actually winning one of those soda commercials. I always thought that there really never was a contest.

Most of the time, the competitions are audited, so of course they are real. Not awarding prizes could get the promoter into serious trouble, no large companies would take that chance.

moocow
07-20-2005, 08:42 AM

Actually, as fa as I know, they have small gas tanks so you have to fill up often. I don't think they get very many miles to the gallon, either.

I fill my car up about 3 times a week. It sucks spending around $60 a week in gas *nods*. But, congrats on winning the car, Kolt. When you coming to see me?! :D

goKi
07-20-2005, 08:51 AM
He's selling the car, buying something cheaper, and using the remaining cash to come see me. :D

Verman
07-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Actully I think the mini is good on gas...its got a 1.6l 4 cylinder engine in it.
gets about 30 miles per the gallon...

And its fricking tiny!

Probaly gets better gas then my civic!

Breaker
07-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Aww, you're cute. And oh so banned.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Gerudo - Way to kill an amazing mood and make me feel worthless. :-p

goKi - Yeah, yeah. Bring your ass to the states next time around and we will cruise to the convention with the top back.

Everyone else - Thanks for the congratulations and whatnot. Honestly, it still has yet to hit me...It is just too hard to believe. Crazy crazy stuff...

And yes, Dr. Pepper most certainly does rock...even before giving me a BMW.

The 1.6-litre engine under the bonnet delivering 85 kW/115 bhp at 6,000 rpm, does true justice to that go-kart feeling so typical of MINI. Maximum torque of 150 Nm or 111 lb-ft is achieved at 4,500 rpm. The MINI Cooper Convertible, which features a smooth-shifting five-speed gearbox, accelerates from 0–100 km/h in just 9.8 seconds and has a top speed of 193 km/h or 120 mph. Acceleration from 80 to 120 km/h is achieved in fourth gear in a mere 11.6 seconds. In spite of this remarkable performance, the attractive MINI Convertible has a very modest fuel consumption of just 7.3 litres premium/100 km in the EU cycle, the equivalent of 38.7 mpg Imp.

Sweet fucking ass.

fatcatfan
07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
My wife's granddad won a Jeep from a Dr. Pepper can he picked up on the side of the road several years ago. You know what sucks? Someone won a jeep, but threw the can out the window.

Congrats man, you suck. ;) Only things I ever won were always $100 or less. $25 of arcade tokens for best Halloween costume, $100 Toy-R-Us gift certificate from a Kool-Aid contest (remember "The Search for Scorch" anyone?), and a PT Extreme paintball pistol in a lottery. I think that's it, and I had a nine year head start on you.

elise
07-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Are we the only country where you potentially
win everything but at the end win nothing at all :shrug:
Hope that it for you means you win it and that there is no other round !!!!!
Congrats :)

carrot red
07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, read what goKi said, elise.

Most of the time, the competitions are audited, so of course they are real. Not awarding prizes could get the promoter into serious trouble, no large companies would take that chance.
However, big prizes are not very frequently offered and you have to be really, really lucky to win them.

It's gonna be cool to drive a convertible. Congrats.

elise
07-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah I did read it but in our country when you get the message you potentially won
( you get every other day something like that) that only means you are in the running for the prize but you still didn't win anything at that point :)
and at the end we never win but thats a whole different story ;)

carrot red
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I have a friend in France who used to get weekly messages saying she won a two day trip to somewhere in Europe, but it was always a time-share scam of sorts. We have ruthless lawyers here, no major companies would risk a lawsuit over a thing like that. (I'm sure you read the thread about the woman who's going to sue over the candy bar misunderstanding.) And yeah, I know you read it.

elise
07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
carrot red
That ( candy bar ) one I did read , it even made it to a dutch site .
We have had lots of law suits here against that kind of mail but at the end the big companies always win , cause somewhere they said you potentially win and didn't say you won .
and at the end there always is a prize given away , but most people stay behind with nothing at all.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Potentially, simply meaning they have to prove that I was eligible to be in the drawing, and that I really have the bottle cap that I entered. :)

Breaker
07-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Potentially, simply meaning they have to prove that I was eligible to be in the drawing, and that I really have the bottle cap that I entered. :)

I'd email/call whomever at Dr. Pepper and make sure.

Darth Marsden
07-20-2005, 06:54 PM
I've won ONE thing through a competition, and that was a model CloudBase whn I was a kid. This was during the early 90s, when they were going through the rerun of the series and produced some kick-ass stuff. It was a Daily Telegraph competition, and I won, so they sent me this amazing model CloudBase, complete with Angels. It rocked.

Haven't won anything since, sadly. Bah.

Brasel
07-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Maybe I'll just have to start entering those codes I always get and see if I won anything. I always think that there's noway I could win and throw them away, but next time maybe I should take 5 minutes of my time and check.