PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

Dark_Cloud
07-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Has anybody lost a friend or family member do to Cancer? If so, how old were they?
My friend Mitchel, (16) developed Cancer, (or so they found the cancer) about the start of the school year, it was near his heart. He was out of school the whole year in kemo. Every now and then he would visit us in school for awhile. My school even started the whole "Pitch in for Mitch" program, where the students would donate money to give to Mitch's parents for gas money, since the hospitals he went for treatment were far away.

About a month ago, me and my friend, Alonzo, went to the hospital to see him. He looked like hell, and looked miserable. He explained how he was in the shower and a big chunk of hair came out, as he was washing it. It sucked to see him like that.

I got a call from Alonzo about 30 minutes ago. Mitch died yesterday around 7:00 A.M. It's strange though, I don't feel sad, or upset. It's strange to know he's not here, but I just don't feel affected. I just feel bad for his family, especially his mother and father, it's not right to have to burry their own child. They've been through alot.

Anybody else lose somebody to Cancer?

Rainman
07-19-2005, 07:38 PM
My grandpa died of cancer in 1997. I really don't have that much memory of him. I just remember him as a cool guy. My family has a big history of Cancer related deaths. That's something I'm going to have to worry about.

Also, my cat was put to sleep a few weeks ago. He had a tremendous tumor on his back. We put it off as long as we could but when it looked like he was suffering we decided to put him to sleep.

Master Ghaleon
07-19-2005, 11:23 PM
My grandmother has cancer. Shes had cemotheropy 3 times and last month she went to get her bloodwork done and they found something suspious, like it might be starting up again. So I havent lost anyone yet due to cancer.